Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: It's time to move on.

Champion
    vCash

It's time to move on.

Irrespective of tomorrows outcome a few people need to move on. It gets a bit boring when a certain thread has about a thousand posts and it's basically the same shit over and over.

What's done is done and no amount of whinging is going to change the outcome.

Some of you guy's are driven to the point where you have become real negative boring bastards and it is doing more damage to the game in this town than you think.

This is meant to be a rugby site where those with a genuine love of the game share idea's and views, not a site where those that can't or won't move on come on to continuously vent and moan about how things aren't fair.

We all had a red hot go and things didn't pan out as we had hoped but that's life.

I know the ARU are a bunch of deceitful corrupt slimy mud dwelling maggots but I sure as fuck aren't going to give them the satisfaction of walking away from the game because if I did I've let them win.

Look up RWA website and head down to your closest local club, you will only meet good buggers and I guarantee you will wonder why you didn't do it earlier.

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    We will Westie. Just need to get the Senate inquiry out of the way and then it’ll be full speed ahead with community rugby, Perth Spirit and the Future Force Foundation. We are DETERMINED to keep rugby more than just alive and kicking in WA!!

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Irrespective of tomorrows outcome a few people need to move on. It gets a bit boring when a certain thread has about a thousand posts and it's basically the same shit over and over.

Some of you guy's are driven to the point where you have become real negative boring bastards and it is doing more damage to the game in this town than you think.

This is meant to be a rugby site where those with a genuine love of the game share idea's and views, not a site where those that can't or won't move on come on to continuously vent and moan about how things aren't fair.

We all had a red hot go and things didn't pan out as we had hoped but that's life.

I know the ARU are a bunch of deceitful corrupt slimy mud dwelling maggots but I sure as fuck aren't going to give them the satisfaction of walking away from the game because if I did I've let them win.

Look up RWA website and head down to your closest local club, you will only meet good buggers and I guarantee you will wonder why you didn't do it earlier.
    Good gee up mate respect. From my view I look to the Sentate results as restoring some form of love for the Wallabies. I look to the IPRC as being the future of not just WA but Australian rugby at large. And I look forward to watching my son play very juniors for the Kalamunda Bulls next year. With at least two of those things my depression will be abated and on we go.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Champion
    vCash

Well said and feel like after tmr can draw a line in the sand and think upwards and onwards! It's been such a tough pill to swallow though!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Irrespective of tomorrows outcome a few people need to move on. It gets a bit boring when a certain thread has about a thousand posts and it's basically the same shit over and over....
    I agree with what you've said, but think for many of us, we will only move on once the Senate findings are released. It's been a very long wait. I think most of us are preparing ourselves to be underwhelmed with what can be achieved by the inquiry - anything more will be a real bonus.

The senate threads provide a healthy forum for sharing information and solidarity for TWF members. I'm sure John Edwards, Hansie and even Linda Renold's staff keep an eye on the treads for any tit bits that could help the inquiry. Alison, Bakkies, Lou, Jackser at el have really dug up some gems.

The pending IRC, the NRC, the Pindan/community rugby is what will keep rugby alive in this state. I'm sure what RA have done will create a new found following for club rugby from disgruntled rugby fans.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash

some of us have been involved in club rugby here for the past 40 years!

Champion
    vCash
    Your missing my point Gunny

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    I am not ready to move on. I think the fight only truely starts with the handing down of the senate inquiry. I am quite happy that the rugby community is so willing to spend the bulk of its time condemning the actions of RugbyAustralia and it makes me believe this fight is truely justified and may just be the straw that breaks the camels back and may lead to change within the structure of RugbyAustralia from the top down and hopefully leads to the sacking of the board and especially Eales, Robinson, Clyne, and co. I hold hope NSW and QLD will be relinquished of their unfair additional votes they use to manipulate and pull the strings of Australian Rugby. This is a revolution baby, either join us or GET OUT OF THE WAY!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I get your point westie, but I'm not giving up on sagging the arseholes until the inquiry reports recommendations have been responded to in parliament.

It's the last step in bringing the criminals to account and about the only chance that I'll ever develop any interest in the wallabies again.

Club rugby will need to be played on days other than Saturday for me to be anything other than a fleeting spectator. I'm too busy otherwise.

Nothing against the clubs, I just play a different sport now.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Sorry, but for me Rugby will become the game they play in Sydney until the IPRC comes along. Club rugby is great, but it's not the Western Force. The ARU have taken that from me, and the way the players and staff have been treated is appalling. Nothing changes that.

There's not much we can do now though, and maybe it's time to stop venting anger. I'll hold out hope that the Senate inquiry shows up some of the dirty tricks that have been done, and that the IPRC will be as good as it seems it will be.

Veteran
    vCash
    Did i miss the open letter from RugbyWA on this forum - on the first page they stated, that despite what happened, they need to move on from past wrongs, and build for 2020.

We are going to have to do the same.

I am one of those evil Western Force Supporters who watched a few wallabies games

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    It's a grieving process, and different people go through this at different rates and in different ways. Denial, bargaining, anger and acceptance are the 4 "stages" of grief, and I would think the recommendations of the senate enquiry make help many along their path.

You can't really tell people to move along any more than you can tell someone to move along from losing a family member; well you can, but it isn't that simple...

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Do you think the local clubs will know what to do with former Sea of Blue supporters who start showing up at Senior Grade matches and whose involvement with rugby for the past 12 years has been primarily as spectators?

My albeit fuzzy memory of club rugby prior to 2006 is that it was something of a closed shop when it came to non-playing newcomers.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    As difficult as it is, rugby has been too important to me and my family for me to turn my back on it - I've already been asked to volunteer locally again next year and I'll likely head to the Hong Kong Sevens again.

The Wallabies are a different matter - it will probably take confirmation of Wallabies eligibility for Western Force players in the IPRC for me to support them again.

Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    Do you think the local clubs will know what to do with former Sea of Blue supporters who start showing up at Senior Grade matches and whose involvement with rugby for the past 12 years has been primarily as spectators?

My albeit fuzzy memory of club rugby prior to 2006 is that it was something of a closed shop when it came to non-playing newcomers.
    With no Super Rugby I'm assuming there will be a focused and coordinated effort by RugbyWA and the clubs to put some kind of plan together to attract spectators to club rugby next year. Marketing, club contacts, maybe even designated people at each club to introduce new spectators to. I'm sure the right people are already talking about these kinds of things (at least I hope they are).

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    ...it is doing more damage to the game in this town than you think.
    ...head down to your closest local club
    Hear what you are saying and agree there is a need to let it go, if only because there is little that venting here will actually achieve.

But there is a certain irony in encouraging everyone to head to the clubs. Anyone who has ever strayed on to the community threads will know it is full of relentless bitching and moaning, whining, politics and abuse, with anyone not actively involved in the hair pulling told to f### off and mind their own business. I know I long since lost interest in the whole mess; doubt I'm alone. I'm certainly done with SR and the Wallabies, so pretty much all 'Australian rugby' until I feel like I have some skin in the game. Remains to be seen whether that will include the IPRC and NRC.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast