Thread: Lock on loan to the Force

vCash

Lock on loan to the Force

Shoring up our fragile lock stocks:

Edinburgh lock Lewis Carmichael has joined Super Rugby side the Force on a short-term loan as part of his personal player development plan.
    Carmichael - a first year pro who also plays for Melrose in the BT Premiership - will be available for the Perth-based side until the end of the current Super Rugby campaign.
    The agreement was brokered by Scottish Rugby’s Director of Rugby, Scott Johnson, and Edinburgh Rugby’s Managing Director, Jonny Petrie, and is designed to help players gain experience in a different training and cultural environment.
    Carmichael, who progressed through the Scotland age-grade system, said: "I'm really excited to get out to Australia and it was an offer that I jumped to take.
    "I watch a lot of Super Rugby, and it will be a huge opportunity for me to go and train in a new environment, hopefully get some game time and experience a different style of rugby. I feel I'll come back as a more rounded rugby player after spending some time in their camp.
    "Getting game time most weeks at Edinburgh has really helped me as a rugby player and given me a taste of what it takes to compete at this level in the professional game."
    Johnson said: "This is a huge opportunity for Lewis, who will be able to learn and develop as a player in a different rugby culture and environment.
    "Super Rugby is great standard of rugby, and for Lewis to have an involvement in that competitive environment will only prove as a positive to him as a player going forth. We are actively looking to give selected players new opportunities to help develop their game and broaden their rugby experience to ultimately benefit Edinburgh Rugby.
    "We wish Lewis all the best for the rest of the Super Rugby season and look forward to him returning to the club."

Sport24

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    good luck to the lad hope he goes well but is it a case of a development player getting some experience rather than someone who can start in the second row. if the latter is the case was there not someone else in AUS or SA who could fit the bill?

Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I thought Neddies needed a prop, not a second rower.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    we need both

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Ah, that explains it.