Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: WAS THERE A ROUND OF PINDAN GAMES LAST WEEKEND?

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Any chance we can have a separate section for the District comp? Not many have an interest in it.
    Took the words out of my mouth.

This thread is about the pinnacle of rugby in Perth not the social comp the district clubs muck around in.

-2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Indeed ... a round of Championship games as well;

This week the Goats entertain Rocky and looking to topple last season's winners
    Southern Lions host the Pirates, to check how much a force the Lions are this season with three teams
    Kwinana will look to strengthen their resolve will a game against Swans
    Arks welcome Perth Irish for their first home game at their new ground in Harrisdale

Very interesting result coming out of last week with The Lions hammering the current champions Rockingham!
    The Goats have a much better team than last year with a few key players of the 2015 team coming back.
    The game against Mandurah was pretty solid and both teams showed some resolute defending with lots of big hits.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Yawn.

It's sometimes interesting watching grass grow as well but should we all be obliged to participate?

Separate section for District Clubs I say.

Heh, Shasta, are you going to have a go at StimpsonJCat and the majority of rugby types who don't want to know about lower level rugby?

I am really a Palmyra troll.

vCash
    Quite ironic given that so many support the Force with the impacts that an axe may have on the development of the game, but then only want to be involved with Prem rugby dismissing that second tier.
    That second tier feeds upwards with developing Colts, growing young players ... all that get poached and picked by Prem clubs. Examples exist at Pally, Cott and Neddies.
    Those youngsters go upwards with our best wishes as it reflects well on a developing game and is a credit to the Championship club they leave from.

Get the agenda item of promotion/ relegation back on the table and see what happens ... better still, go to some of the best facilities for clubs in the state to watch a game.

Amazing that the new Harrisdale ground, Lark Hill, Meadow Springs and Curtin Uni all have far greater pitches, changing rooms, clubhouses ... than most of the prem grounds.

Plus ... Rocky's Bacon & Egg roll, Southern Lion's Lion burger and Pirates' burger with the lot are all in the same division as Baysie's Beef n Gravy !

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Promotion and Relegation will only lead to players who can play Permier grade moving into other clubs when their current club is relegated. Last time I saw Swan Districts play they went up against a Prem grade clubs 3rd grade side and we're annilated by 70 odd points. I dont call it dismissing the second tier but the second tier is a long way off competing with the bigs boys. Enjoy the burgers.

vCash
    What are the numbers like in the lower grades at other clubs?

Pally had about 8 between 3rd and 4th grade on Tuesday and a lot of the players that played 3rds on Saturday ended up playing two games!

vCash
    Yawn.

Heh, Shasta, are you going to have a go at StimpsonJCat and the majority of rugby types who don't want to know about lower level rugby?
    Probably not. Unless any of them start leading with the chin as often as you do.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StimpsonJCat View Post
    Promotion and Relegation will only lead to players who can play Permier grade moving into other clubs when their current club is relegated. Last time I saw Swan Districts play they went up against a Prem grade clubs 3rd grade side and we're annilated by 70 odd points. I dont call it dismissing the second tier but the second tier is a long way off competing with the bigs boys. Enjoy the burgers.
    Check the results of 2015 when the 3rd grade of prems played 4 games against championship sides before you talk any further. The top 4 of championship would not be out of place in the reserve grade of prems.

Champion
    vCash
    Wests won the 2014 reserve grade comp and in the same season got done by Arks in that Friday night comp that RWA ran. Good to see some of the regular guy's with an interest in club rugby starting to contribute to the local threads.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Anyone know who won, and the scores, of Arks v Perth and UWA v Kalamunda in colts?

The scores aren't up on the RugbyWA site and the ladder for that grade is incomplete.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Just a word of caution.

I clicked on to Perth's website to see if they had their colt's scores up and my security ESET tells me there is a trojan on that site and denied me access.

Be careful, and let their webmaster know if you have any Perth contacts.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Cheers Fulvio, have sent a message

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    What are the numbers like in the lower grades at other clubs?
    Under 20's, is ducks and drakes again. It's on the Rugby WA site 12:30 MacGillivray, if this one gets cancelled, I will boycott the burgers.

vCash
    Any chance we can have a separate section for the District comp? Not many have an interest in it.
    Assume we will get a womens rugby section first ... now that Neddies are spending all their colts money on stealing Womens teams. Was that your cash behind that Darkness? Any chance a few will play 20's this year as well?

I'm pretending not to be affiliated to any club so shhhh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    Under 20's, is ducks and drakes again. It's on the Rugby WA site 12:30 MacGillivray, if this one gets cancelled, I will boycott the burgers.
    ducks and drakes?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast