Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Force set to be axed

vCash
    Resigning or looking for protection programmes from a nation of irate Aussies. Must be fun for Clyne & Puller buying the paper up the local shops LOL! Oh wait, pretty sure there's an ARU minion they have for that on Sydney Potts Point! Wonder if Clyne catches the train down for his 'club rugby' weekends?! Not! This has Got to be the Death Knell for this pack AHoles!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Do you think the board was given a bum steer by Puller and his merry band? After all, surely the Board is simply acting on the advice and recommendations of its CEO and executive support staff? Bit like a Minister acting on the advice of the Director-General of the department assisting him/her in administering the legislation he/she is responsible for.

My experience of boards of governance is that there is a often bit of "guided democracy" involved when it comes to policy decisions such as the one the ARU board made last week.

Could be a case of Puller and co. pulling the wool over the eyes of the Board? (No pun intended). In which case, Puller, the COO and CFO should all be sacked by the board for making it look like a bunch of rank amateurs.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Do you think the board was given a bum steer by Puller and his merry band? After all, surely the Board is simply acting on the advice and recommendations of its CEO and executive support staff? Bit like a Minister acting on the advice of the Director-General of the department assisting him/her in administering the legislation he/she is responsible for.

My experience of boards of governance is that there is a often bit of "guided democracy" involved when it comes to policy decisions such as the one the ARU board made last week.

Could be a case of Puller and co. pulling the wool over the eyes of the Board? (No pun intended). In which case, Puller, the COO and CFO should all be sacked by the board for making it look like a bunch of rank amateurs.
    Surely the board with the governorship of the game ultimately in their hands, have given Pulver too many chances to not achieve outcomes such as higher grass roots participation and didn't believe that grants (which surely went through the board when they gave millions to the Reds (Ballymore stuff up), Waratahs (high rent at SFS and crowds collapsing) that there was some sort of return on investment. Surely there was some sort of Private/Public partnership experiences to question the CEO when he reported to the board. Or is it that they surround themselves with yes men and accountability is lacking because of this (Common to many sporting codes).

I agree Pulver has made the board look amateurish, but where was the Board to pull them into line or to actually assess this incompetence?

All of this doesn't need to be aired to the public if they make changes tommorow. But looking at it right now, the culpability for poor business administration in my view goes to the board and the operators in charge.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    In addition, I read an article from Papworth (yes, of all people) at the ARU AGM last Monday also. Apparently their agenda constituted not -surprise, surprise, the main topic of discussion- but Clyne & et al's re-election to the board. Now, am I mistaken, but WHY did other members NOT use the opportunity to nay vote?!

vCash
    Probably was set up in board meeting to re-elect directors in initial resolutions before moving onto material matters. Once board members were locked in as "safe", then move onto more constitutional matters.

I draw some parallels to what's happening with the AOC. There is a lot of support to oust John Coates at the next AGM as he's been there for so long and riding the gravy train. Same deal applies at St Leonards.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I think you're giving the ARU board far too much credit Egan. I suspect, based upon events of the last 4 months, that many of them probably don't even realise they will be resigning soon.
    When the bean counters tell them that their desires to get rid of one team is stuffed due to legal contracts signed, then they may be pulled into thinking about the world outside of the eastern suburbs. Kicking and screaming, but maybe just maybe being forced to understand the world and Australia is more than just the prawn sandwich brigade of Brisbane and Sydney.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Would anyone miss the tahs playing out of ANZ?

Considering the population of Sydney vs their crowds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Petalz View Post
    Would anyone miss the tahs playing out of ANZ?

Considering the population of Sydney vs their crowds.
    I've got a great promo for the Waratahs next game at ANZ stadium.

"Dress as an empty blue seat"

I borrowed it from GWS's "Dress as an Empty Orange Seat" promo that they run every home game.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
    Thanks Jono.

For those that remember one of the first InnFORCErs Tours & the pre-match lunch at Randwick - this was arranged for us by Mr Jon Collins who was my contact there.

Interesting article!
    Remember, that was an awesome trip, even remember Peter O'Meara and his wife spotting us in Force gear in the Criterion Hotel having elevensies and he came in for chat!

Probably the single best press about this whole saga as far as I'm concerned. I had a feeling there would be some $$$ come to the fore if that was our only weak point in the assessment.

Going to be interesting where it goes from here, but I don't think I have been this confident that we will survive since this whole saga began.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Remember, that was an awesome trip, even remember Peter O'Meara and his wife spotting us in Force gear in the Criterion Hotel having elevensies and he came in for chat!

Probably the single best press about this whole saga as far as I'm concerned. I had a feeling there would be some $$$ come to the fore if that was our only weak point in the assessment.

Going to be interesting where it goes from here, but I don't think I have been this confident that we will survive since this whole saga began.
    Remember it - Lived it. Loved it.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Rookie
    vCash
    Getting some serious long-term financial backers will make ALL the difference.
    There will then be NO reason to dump the Force for the Rebels.

All we need to do now is beat the Chiefs and they couldn't possibly get rid of us.....could they???

vCash
    Force Media release via FaceBook:
    Road Safety Western Force Update

By David Berrie on Fri 21st April 17

Recent media reports have suggested that the Road Safety Western Force’s continued participation in the Super Rugby competition hinges on the outcome of a further meeting between the Australian Rugby Union (ARU) Board and the RugbyWA Board.

RugbyWA’s position is clear. Under current arrangements the Road Safety Western Force is entitled to participate in the Super Rugby competition until 30 December 2020.

There is no basis on which the ARU can purport to remove the Western Force from the Super Rugby competition. The ARU must work to ensure that the Western Force remains based in Perth for many seasons to come.

Put simply, RugbyWA is not required to ‘state a business (or any) case’ for the Western Force to remain in the Super Rugby competition.

That said, RugbyWA remains committed to working with the ARU to help it find a way to achieve a resolution of the current uncertainty. Rugby WA has sought a meeting with the ARU next Thursday, 27 April 2017 to progress discussions as to how it might assist the ARU.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Oh snap

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Tail end of an article about DHP's hamstring injury:

The Force are in danger of being cut from the Super Rugby competition after the ARU announced either the Force or Rebels would be dumped ahead of next season.

Both franchises have threatened to take legal action against the ARU in a bid to stave off extinction.

The Force have issued a writ in the Supreme Court notifying the ARU of their intentions to apply for an injunction against any plan to boot them out of the competition.

RugbyWA and the ARU will meet on Thursday, but the Force deny this meeting will make or break their future.

The Force argue that the “alliance” agreement they signed with the ARU last year guaranteed their future until the current broadcast deal ends in 2020.

“There is no basis on which the ARU can purport to remove the Western Force from the Super Rugby competition,” the Force said in a statement.

Former WA Governor Malcolm McCusker is set to represent RugbyWA in its bid to save the Force if the ARU attempt to axe the Perth-based franchise.

The WA public have rallied around the Force, with 14,089 fans turning up for Saturday’s match against the Chiefs.
    http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/f...12d2ebeb518d28

Rookie
    vCash
    Would love to hear TWF "assisting" the ARU.

Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast