Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Force set to be axed

Champion
    vCash
    So keeping up the great PR the only news we hear is through dodgy sources at the ARU.. seriously sort this out you useless bunch of *****

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Even stranger that the cone of silence was lifted so quickly on this story to make a comment but others get ignored, in the words of Shakespeare Something is rotten in the state........

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    AUSTRALIAN Rugby Union is holding firm on safeguarding the Brumbies amid calls to merge the club with Melbourne Rebels as part of a Super Rugby downsizing.
    Rebels boss Andrew Cox has welcomed discussion of the idea, raised by former Wallabies coach John Connolly who has backed the vulnerable Western Force to remain in the competition.
    But an ARU spokesman said there had been no change in its position that the Brumbies were excluded from discussions around axing an Australian team.
    Both the Rebels and Force have insisted the ARU has no legal right to remove them following governing body SANZAAR’s decision to reduce Super Rugby by three teams, including two from South Africa.
    Connolly, who also coached the Queensland Reds during a successful period in the 1990s, told News Corp Australia the ACT-based Brumbies were fortunate to survive the axe.
    His merger proposal would see the “Melbourne Brumbies” split their home games between the locations, while the Force’s ability to produce homegrown talent entitled them a place in the competition.
    Cox told News Corp no discussions with the Brumbies had taken place regarding a merger.
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/ar...1268918a7d5698
    I am so heartily sick of all of this.

A plague a' [all] [their] houses.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    SA can have their 5 team conference with the Jags; NZ can have their 5 team conference with no foreigners; Australia can have a 6 team conference with the Wolves.

Re-jig the format ever-so-slightly so that the Aussie conference has less out-of-conference games to keep the number of matches even. Not perfect, but hey, it's a compromise, that's the closest thing to the 3×5 they've proposed, but with Australia keeping it's 5 franchises while retaining the arrangement of New Zealand teams not having to travel to Argentina and Japan for in-conference games.

Scheduled correctly, the timezone allows for SunWolves to play all their games in Japan; no need to come down to Singapore to meet the South Africans. Might give them a chance to play a game in Kyushu and Kansai also.

Last edited by chibi; 25-04-17 at 17:33.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    I am so heartily sick of all of this.

A plague a' [all] [their] houses.
    A green one at St Leonards which says "On this site the sport of rugby died in Australia due to cronyism and mismanagement"

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    looks like they are going to ditch us anyway and worry about the consequences later

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    looks like they are going to ditch us anyway and worry about the consequences later
    The whole point of an injunction is to prevent someone from doing something or do is my understanding. So in this case an injunction would prevent the ARU from ditching the force.

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    I suspect that the ARU are starting to see that this is either they break us or we break them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    I suspect that the ARU are starting to see that this is either they break us or we break them.
    I think it will be the latter Cowboy as if they do go with another way to solve this problem I don't think Rugby WA and the Western Force will settle for an easy out.. I think Rugby WA , Own the Force and The Western force family will be wanting blood money for all the crap the ARU have put us through..Its cost the west a lot and I think they should give us our Licence back free as a good gesture..

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'm happy to pay for the license, as long as we get it back.

The only time I want the ARU to suffer financial hardship is if they kill the force, if that happens, I want the whole organisation to lose so much money that it doesn't exist anymore

9 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    +1

One for the legal posters: With a writ, do you submit an endorsement of claim at the time of submission? In other words, do the ARU have any idea just how much RWA would be claiming in the event they ignore the writ and proceeded with the "cull" Not to mention possible claims by the WA Govt..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    +1

One for the legal posters: With a writ, do you submit an endorsement of claim at the time of submission? In other words, do the ARU have any idea just how much RWA would be claiming in the event they ignore the writ and proceeded with the "cull" Not to mention possible claims by the WA Govt..
    I'm sure someone will correct me on this but....

My understanding is that there is no claim.
    The Force have told the ARU that if they don't follow the contract then the Force will apply to the Courts for an Injunction preventing the ARU from ditching the Force which the Courts will enforce.
    IF the ARU then go ahead with any move to cut the Force then it's the Courts that will find the ARU in contempt of court and enforce some sort of punishment. At that point the Force can then claim damages. As can any other aggrieved party such as the WA Gov.
    but this could take years to resolve. The federal court isn't exactly running on schedule and has a lot of cases to see.
    It could drag out for years. Three years even. Preventing the ARU from doing anything at all. It could also drag a lot of dirty laundry and skeletons out of the closet for the ARU (and the Force) which may or may not lead to more court cases and claims being made. As well as ruined reputations.

vCash
    Further to this, being found in contempt of the federal court is no small thing. The court could put a 'fine' on the ARU that runs into the hundreds of millions of dollars just to teach everyone a lesson about buggering around with the federal court.
    Then there's the potential of claims on top of that.
    While they probably won't go so far as bankrupting the ARU they could come close.

vCash
    I'm no lawyer but if the agreement is a contract and one of the parties to it simply breaks it, surely all the courts can do is decide on damages? They can't overturn the 'breaker's' decision to withdraw from the contract can they? Bit like buying a house - I can break the contract I entered into to buy the house and all the other side can do is claim damages from me. Or am I being way too simplistic here??!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    I think the case is in the WA Supreme Court, not the federal court?

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 ... LastLast