Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Force set to be axed

vCash
    Decision could be weeks away now:

THE Super Rugby downsizing saga could drag on for several more weeks — or even longer — after a proposed meeting after WA Rugby and the Australian Rugby Union on Thursday was abandoned.

But while uncertainty over the futures of the Force and the Rebels will continue, the push for the Brumbies to be brought back into the equation via a merger with Melbourne has been strongly rejected by the ACT franchise, and importantly, the Canberra clubs.

Over three weeks after Rugby WA successfully took legal action blocking the ARU from cutting either the Force and the Rebels in “48-72 hours”, Rugby WA last week said while it was resolute the Force could not be removed they’d sought to meet with the ARU “to help it find a way to achieve a resolution of the current uncertainty.”

The date listed was Thursday April 27 but both the Force and the ARU said last night there would be no meeting after parties failed to come to an agreement on the details.
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...ff3141d772fede

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I wonder if, even if we win and the Force is retained, there won't be a near-terminal breakdown of relationship with the ARU which will mean we're screwed of ever getting an even break.

Still, positive waves, eh?
    You don't have a watertight legal contract unless you were worried about your future. I can imagine that they have not had a relationship worth salvaging for many years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan View Post
    You don't have a watertight legal contract unless you were worried about your future. I can imagine that they have not had a relationship worth salvaging for many years.
    As evidenced by?

Force needing to get involved in third party sponsorships in order to attract players of a suitable character due to no concessions being given to the start up by the ARU?

Force getting fined for doing so when all other franchises were doing the same thing?

Force having to sell their IP and License to attract a moderate 3 Million dollar rescue package?

Rebels, Tahs and Reds being given much more money with no conditions?

Brumbies being given all sorts of other concessions so they can claim to have never been "bailed out"?

Numerous financial irregularities and corruption issues being swept under the carpet for every franchise but the Force?

The entirety of the Force bailout package being trumpeted wide and lout by any journalist who owns a pen?

Every other franchise's financial bailout amounts and conditions held tighter than Fort Knox?

The "process" being used to kill the Force being unpublished and not transparent to cover up the fact that the process was to come and tell the Force that they're gone?

My question,

Was there ever a supportive relationship for the Force, even under the administration that granted the license?

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    What is it that the Brumbies have on the ARU that makes the ARU refuse to entertain any compromise that involves the Brumbies?

That the ARU refuses to consider the Brumbies but won't make their axing criteria public points to something very dodgy imo.
    I have faith McCusker will get to the bottom of it...

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    My understanding is that the writ was issued Monday 10 April and that the Injunction must be effected within 21 days being next Monday 1 May 2017.

I would assume the ARU have decided not to meet today to see if we are going all the way on Monday. I think that is what they mean by "it is in the hands of lawyers".

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I wonder if, even if we win and the Force is retained, there won't be a near-terminal breakdown of relationship with the ARU which will mean we're screwed of ever getting an even break.

Still, positive waves, eh?
    We have never had "and even break" ...so nothing new there...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    My understanding is that the writ was issued Monday 10 April and that the Injunction must be effected within 21 days being next Monday 1 May 2017.

I would assume the ARU have decided not to meet today to see if we are going all the way on Monday. I think that is what they mean by "it is in the hands of lawyers".
    Bloody stupid of them to 'call our bluff' as it were. Once the injunction is in place they have nowhere to go.

vCash
    More evidence of Sydney arrogance? i.e. ARU thinks its city slicker lawyers are far superior to anything the hillbillies in WA could produce so 'bring it on' piddly Perth!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    More evidence of Sydney arrogance? i.e. ARU thinks its city slicker lawyers are far superior to anything the hillbillies in WA could produce so 'bring it on' piddly Perth!
    Just a big quarry Alison!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post

But surely their complete lack of any attempt to bring the matter to resolution will ensure that the writ will be effected?

It resides in the hands of a judge, but unless there has been some contact behind closed doors it would be easy to argue that the ARU's response was to put their fingers in their ears and shout repeatedly that they aren't listening.

C'mon the

vCash
    ... which they aren't, if the press is to be believed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan View Post
    Just a big quarry Alison!
    In all senses of the word!!

vCash
    If the writ and injunction is up held on Monday 1st May this could write of SR next yr unless the Courts can get the parties together real quick.. .. I have said it before but I reckon the SA teams are just waiting to see what happens in Aus..
    SANZAAR just might get its 15 teams or less..
    The force and the rebels might be playing in a breakaway league.. SANZAAR just might drop Aus altogether and invite the force and rebels to play in the comp.... HAHA ARU get turfed out,,....I know the ECRU won't like that.. It might look like this Force, Rebels ,Sunwolves ,Jags Kings.. Then the 5 NZ teams and 5 SA teams... Just a thought lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    It might look like this Force, Rebels ,Sunwolves ,Jags Kings.. Then the 5 NZ teams and 5 SA teams... Just a thought lol
    That sounds awesome, I want it. The conference of the misfits.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    As evidenced by?

Force needing to get involved in third party sponsorships in order to attract players of a suitable character due to no concessions being given to the start up by the ARU?

Force getting fined for doing so when all other franchises were doing the same thing?

Force having to sell their IP and License to attract a moderate 3 Million dollar rescue package?

Rebels, Tahs and Reds being given much more money with no conditions?

Brumbies being given all sorts of other concessions so they can claim to have never been "bailed out"?

Numerous financial irregularities and corruption issues being swept under the carpet for every franchise but the Force?

The entirety of the Force bailout package being trumpeted wide and lout by any journalist who owns a pen?

Every other franchise's financial bailout amounts and conditions held tighter than Fort Knox?

The "process" being used to kill the Force being unpublished and not transparent to cover up the fact that the process was to come and tell the Force that they're gone?

My question,

Was there ever a supportive relationship for the Force, even under the administration that granted the license?
    Just wanted to have this re posted, 'cos I think it's fab!!

Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... LastLast