Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Force set to be axed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    I went with

Deal ARU,
    I, like many other West Australians was distressed yesterday when confronted by an apparently unsubstantiated rumour from the Daily Telegraph gaining traction in the media.
    I thought it wise to respond.
    I wish to advise you that, should the ARU not have the courage and foresight to retain the Force as a Super Rugby franchise in Perth I, along with many others, will choose to completely disassociate myself with the entire sport. As a rugby fan, ex-coach and member for 12 years I would see it as the ultimate act of betrayal for the ARU to set up a team in an expansion area, fail to adequately support the team throughout its history, Heavily fund every other franchise, allow the media to unabashedly bemoan the deal which saw the team SELL rights back to the ARU where no other franchise has been required to do so and ultimately contribute to the death of that team by failing to use their power of veto at SANZAAR.

If this eventuality occurs rugby will never see another cent from me and I will immediately cancel my subscription to Foxtel as I only maintain the service to watch rugby.

Based upon conversations I have with Perth rugby fans, I will not be alone.

Thank you for your time

GIGS20

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Sir Humphrey Appleby is running the ARU?
    For all the leadership we've seen on this matter, he could be. Even with Sir Nigel Hawthorne having passed away in 2001.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Actually he's probably just doing the press releases. The actual management of the situation has Jim Hacker's well known intestinal fortitude written all over it.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    From the outside looking in, it seems as if they are taking the "fake it until you make it" approach to governance.

the NRC was a masterstroke by Pulver and co. But now they need to show some real leadership again. not just have that as a one off

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I went with

Deal ARU,
    I, like many other West Australians was distressed yesterday when confronted by an apparently unsubstantiated rumour from the Daily Telegraph gaining traction in the media.
    I wish to advise you that, should the ARU not have the courage and foresight to retain the Force as a Super Rugby franchise in Perth I, along with many others, will choose to completely disassociate myself with the entire sport. As a rugby fan, ex-coach and member for 12 years I would see it as the ultimate act of betrayal for the ARU to set up a team in an expansion area, fail to adequately support the team throughout its history, Heavily fund every other franchise, allow the media to unabashedly bemoan the deal which saw the team SELL rights back to the ARU where no other franchise has been required to do so and ultimately contribute to the death of that team by failing to use their power of veto at SANZAAR.

If this eventuality occurs rugby will never see another cent from me and I will immediately cancel my subscription to Foxtel as I only maintain the service to watch rugby.

Thank you for your time

GIGS20
    That's a good measured response to the ARU given that at this stage it's all speculation based on some irresponsible east coast journalism. It's a shame the mantra of reporting today seems to be "doesn't have to be accurate as long as your the first in with it".

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/rug...4dc40606208b56

"The ARU rung Force chief executive Mark Sinderberry both on Monday night and Tuesday morning to assure him the reports were false, with Pulver adamant the ARU are yet to decide on the matter."

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Player
    vCash
    The ARU are very much talking in half truths. They say no decision has been made to cut a team, however what they should be answering is have they already got a preferred team in mind to cut if SANZAAR decides to move back to a 15 team comp.

The decision is like having the ace up your sleave ready to play it only if you need to. They won't play it unless SANZAAR forces a new position on the structure of Super Rugby. Allows the ARU to have plausible denial.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Not specific. From GAGR (in a comments area):

"I didn't think it was possible...but after 38 years on this planet...it is SANZAR that has finally got me interested in the NRL"

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I went with

Deal ARU,

Thank you for your time

GIGS20
    I'd be sending it to Fox Sports too, sponsors too if you could be bothered.

Senior Player
    vCash
    I am at the stage now where I think it will be inevitable that we will be the ones to go. I just feel like we are the easiest option and will do less kicking and screaming than the Brumbies or Rebels (due to ownership structure). The way the ARU came in and took over the Force was probably just their way of getting ready for this all along so that they could wind up the franchise easily.

I wouldn't be surprised if players like Rona and Peni have actually signed contracts with us for 1 year with an extension to the Waratahs after that.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I have tweeted the following as expected no response yet:

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if players like Rona and Peni have actually signed contracts with us for 1 year with an extension to the Waratahs after that.
    Rona came back to Perth because his partner wanted to move home, if they move back east I'd bet it will be for an NRL side.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post
    That's a good measured response to the ARU given that at this stage it's all speculation based on some irresponsible east coast journalism. It's a shame the mantra of reporting today seems to be "doesn't have to be accurate as long as your the first in with it".
    Measured?

Crap I'm not used to being called measured!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyReg View Post
    I'd be sending it to Fox Sports too, sponsors too if you could be bothered.
    I commented on one of their stories, but I don't think it worked.

Was going with

Hands up who will cancel their Foxtel subscription if the Force are disbanded?

<raises Hand>

For that matter

Hands up if you would do the same for the Rebels

<looking for hands>

or the Brumbies

<looking for hands>

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    I am at the stage now where I think it will be inevitable that we will be the ones to go. I just feel like we are the easiest option and will do less kicking and screaming than the Brumbies or Rebels (due to ownership structure). The way the ARU came in and took over the Force was probably just their way of getting ready for this all along so that they could wind up the franchise easily.

It's funny I've had the same feeling for a while now, kind of like "it's not really working fellas, the development's good, they can play in our new NRC, but the rest of it, meh."

Or something like that anyway.

Last edited by chibi; 28-03-17 at 13:24.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast