Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Force set to be axed

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    How do I load an MP3 sound file from Alan Jones's show this morning for you to listen to?
    It's here Hansie

http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=39260

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Champion
    vCash
    No not that one. Alan Jones has sent me an MP3 file 2MB from this morning where he calls Cameron a Liar. I tried to upload to Youtube but it doesn't like audio files.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    He's also tweeted that Clyne's a liar.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    No not that one. Alan Jones has sent me an MP3 file 2MB from this morning where he calls Cameron a Liar. I tried to upload to Youtube but it doesn't like audio files.
    if its only 2MB, I'm sure we can work out a way to get it here. I'll PM you my email address.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    "Like all supporters, my initial reaction was one of disbelief, then great anger, at the utterly stupid and it maybe, duplicitous conduct of the ARU and by their complicity, the Melbourne Rebels. The machinations of the VRU/ARU did not evolve overnight. That deal was done to clear the way for the knifing of the Force. Why the ARU was so hell bent on ousting the Force we may never know. It has become obvious that the deal to cut the Force was done in St Leonards long before any ‘spread sheet’ or other performance indicators were concocted.

I admired the way the Australian Cricketers Association conducted their wages campaign with Cricket Australia. They stood together and protected their own. Not our lot!! The Force were left to battle on their own with a pre-planned result. It seems the Queensland Reds, NSW Waratahs and ACT Brumbies were happy to sit on the fence, like vultures, waiting to pick over the remains.
    "

The above paras from Adrian's letter encapsulate the two biggest things I feel right now:

(a) totally and utterly powerless to do anything to change what is clearly a corrupt, underhanded, conniving and ill thought-through decision; and

(b) that no-one who actually IS in a position to bring some pressure to bear on the shonky and shady goings-on that led to the decision gives enough of a toss to do ANYTHING about it, least of all call for the investigation that is so obviously needed here.

The ARU has been allowed to lie, obfuscate and cheat with total impunity - even encouraged to do so by the cabal of cronies behind the scenes - because of a typical east-coast attitude of 'it's only WA and who gives a sh1t about WA as long as we (NSW, QLD and VIC) are all ok'.

Somehow I will need to find a way to try and move on from this otherwise I'll end up either in prison or in hospital. But right now, the rage I feel is so white hot that I can't see how I'm ever going to deal with it.
    1 know that you are not alone and if you go to jail there will be many of us there with you
    2 keep up the fight all that forensic financial stuff had been vital
    3 good shall prevail!!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    don't 2GB put all his stuff up online? There should be a link to it somewhere

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOa8XIiJb48

I think I just did it. Thanks BnB.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Good to hear he's maintaining the rage for us!! It's just so blantantly unfair!! After getting very riled at the attitude on kick and chase I'm glad to hear someone supporting us..

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Jones' Barbarians to play WallaTahrds??
    Cowan
    Rangi
    Ainslie
    Phillips
    RHP
    Naisarani
    Tricky Dicky
    Big Dog
    Ruru
    Lance
    Newsome
    Meekes
    Rona
    Peni
    DHP

Shambeckler
    Faulkner
    Onehunga
    Heath
    Prior
    Brache
    Verity Am

I am presuming Clown selects Beale and Kerevi as centres, with and Speight and Korobiete as wingers

Last edited by sittingbison; 16-08-17 at 17:52.
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Speight and Koroibete would trouble us, at least they did in the super season, If Peni is fit, that would make life a bit easier, but we'd really need to step up our game in midfield defense to stop the ball getting wide.
    Fortunately, we'd have Meakes and Rona, both of whom have proven to be hardarses and should be able to worry Beale, Kerevi I'm not sure about. It could be difficult in the backline.

Forwards should get the job done though, only Coleman will hit rucks for the Wallatahs, so Dickie should get a free run at pilfering. With Ruru in Genia's face (or even better Phipps) we would hopefully be able to get the pressure we need to disrupt their linkage and put them out of their rhythm. Rangi vs TPN would be interesting, old dog against pup, both playing similar styles, but to be fair, our set piece would struggle, our two most influential forwards playing for the opposition would make it tough. We might reach parity with Cheika probably wanting to give Hannigan a run and Hooper playing (to increase his captaincy number) we should have things pretty easy at the breakdown.

It's a BaaBaas game, surely Hodgo could crack it for a run off the bench as reserve kicker!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I don't think recent board meetings are the only discussions he missed. I'd say there were lots of "private dinner parties" at willy pullers house.
    The ARU lawyers advised Geoff to recluse himself from Board meetings on the basis that he had purchased Own the Force shares. Apparently Clyne the Victorian felt Geoff had a conflict of interest. And did I mention Clarke was once the CEO of the Rebels.
    There is more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John Edwards View Post
    The ARU lawyers advised Geoff to recluse himself from Board meetings on the basis that he had purchased Own the Force shares. Apparently Clyne the Victorian felt Geoff had a conflict of interest. And did I mention Clarke was once the CEO of the Rebels.
    There is more.
    I hope the injunction is granted and it goes to open court, I would be inviting every journalist in the country if I were you!

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    John Hansie et al,

From everything I have seen and read about the actual "meetings" that have ben held, as far as I can see, none of the "evidence" financial, participation, running costs, sponsorship etc has ever been tabled in our defence and that the Appeal will be the first that any of it has been exposed, is that right.

EGM - Only issue was if we stay at 4 or 5 teams. No decision as to who or on what criteria. Purely what the ARU can "afford".
    Arbitration - Only issue was if the Alliance Agreement could be enforced.

So although we know about Alison's findings financially along with all the other "procedural" inadequacies that have been exposed, none of it has ever been able to be used in our defence until we get this opportunity at appeal, which is why it was so important to keep up the fight.

BTW - thanks you both and all for all your efforts

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lou View Post
    I'm still trying to process the situation, so I go back over the actions and decisions and I've been trying to put them into order:
    1. ARU decides to axe Force.
    2. To keep Rebels safe, the ARU arrange for the sale of the Franchise to a private owner who doesn't have to put any money into the business because the financial forecasting for the next five years have been determined and the expected losses for the initial years reduce until the franchise is financially sustainable - the ARU agree to provide about $6-7 m to the new owner to ensure that he has enough working capital to keep the franchise afloat in the first two years. If he can make a go of it, he gets to keep what he can and if he is unable to make a go of it he can exercise the Put option and hand it back to the VRU.
    3. When the Force go to the ARU seeking $ injection they offer to buy the licence on the understanding that it means they can keep playing and pay their bills
    4. ARU go to SAANZAAR and confirm mechanism is in place to reduce the Aussie teams - they were a bit obtuse about it, initially whispering that the decision was imposed on the ARU but then telling the truth when SANZAAR revealed it was the ARU's decision to cull a team.
    5. Cox is unable to make a go of the Rebels having lost most of his sponsors, lost significant numbers of paying memberships, and lost all but two games all season, coming last on the ladder for a second time so he exercises the Put option and divests himself of the club
    6. ARU now discontinue Force Super licence.

Is that the order of things as you read it? If this is the order of things, then the original decision happened in 2014 when Clarke began talking to Cox about selling the Rebels to him.
    7. Rob Clarke back down in Melbourne together with Gary Gray advising Baden Stephenson how he should spend the Victorian Government's money - surely not? you say - no doubt they will invoice the Rebels for their advice - hard to believe that the arsonists could be employed to hose out the remains of the shell

Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 ... LastLast