Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Force set to be axed

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    OK lets get the bad news out of the way first.

Jamie Pandaram of the Daily Telegraph has written another article about the demise of the Western Force

here

I have an idea about how we all respond, and if we can all get on the same page. It could become effective.

I believe that its time that we stopped with the negativity and brought on a purely positive social media campaign.

Lets have fun with this.

No more blaming the ARU, SANZAAR, the East Coast Media, Papworth or anyone else.

Lets highlight how much fun the Sea of Blue has on game day.

Lets show how great Club Rugby is in West Australia.

Lets show kids having fun in Junior Rugby in WA.

I am talking about pictures of smiling faces

#LoveOurRugby
    #RugbyisFamily
    #SeaofBlueforLife

Its my hope that if we can get together on this - maybe we can remind the rest of Australia why we love our great game of Rugby Union in the first place.

Sure its a long shot. But we gotta try something.

And if - at the end of the day -if they choose to make a real stupid decision, we will know that we gave it a red hot go.

My name is Simon, and I love Rugby.
    I also love my TWF family...............

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    OK lets get the bad news out of the way first.

Jamie Pandaram of the Daily Telegraph has written another article about the demise of the Western Force

here

I have an idea about how we all respond, and if we can all get on the same page. It could become effective.

I believe that its time that we stopped with the negativity and brought on a purely positive social media campaign.

Lets have fun with this.

No more blaming the ARU, SANZAAR, the East Coast Media, Papworth or anyone else.

Lets highlight how much fun the Sea of Blue has on game day.

Lets show how great Club Rugby is in West Australia.

Lets show kids having fun in Junior Rugby in WA.

I am talking about pictures of smiling faces

#LoveOurRugby
    #RugbyisFamily
    #SeaofBlueforLife

Its my hope that if we can get together on this - maybe we can remind the rest of Australia why we love our great game of Rugby Union in the first place.

Sure its a long shot. But we gotta try something.

And if - at the end of the day -if they choose to make a real stupid decision, we will know that we gave it a red hot go.

My name is Simon, and I love Rugby.
    I also love my TWF family...............
    Lovely sentiments and I'm in! I have been walking around in a very down mood and the thought of losing the force and TWF.. So I'm in 😊

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    After reading the article by Jamie Pandaram of the Daily Telegraph and watching the video clip that was attached I emailed the following to the ARU:

"It appears that the statement put out by the ARU on the 28/3/2017 in regards to Super Rugby future is not entirely honest and designed to mislead the rugby following public. According to journalist Jamie Pandaram of The Daily Telegraph "A TOP SECRET proposal has been drafted by the ARU that summarises how a 15-team Super Rugby tournament would work next year, and it does not involve the Western Force". I am disappointed and disillusioned that the ARU has decided to support the interests of rugby in other countries, such as Japan, Argentina and South Africa over the needs of Australian rugby.

The ARU needs to follow up and make a definitive statement that says regardless of the decision in South Africa, Australia will not be cutting a Super Rugby Team. To not do so will only prove that the ARU and it's Board's action in this matter is duplicitous."

I don't suppose it will do any good, but I feel better for doing so.

9 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    If people are going to strike how can anyone stop them? Isn't that the whole point of the f*n strike! Personally I'm all for it, would love to march on the ARU, after trying to stab the Force in the back. Worked in France-why not WA? Et tu Brute?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Nicely worded response to the ARU Kept One. Let us know if you get any response.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    If people are going to strike how can anyone stop them? Isn't that the whole point of the f*n strike! Personally I'm all for it, would love to march on the ARU, after trying to stab the Force in the back. Worked in France-why not WA? Et tu Brute?
    Apparently the players agreement between the ARU and the union states that strike action is not allowed but the NRC is not covered by the agreement.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Yeah my old agreement with our employer said the same thing but didn't stop us from striking when the bastards thought it would be great idea to take some of our hard fought conditions away. Not any different here just gotta have the nuts to do it and the right people to help and back the cause.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    A couple of thoughts....when ARU Board Member Geoff Stook, came out and said the Force woild not be axed, was he lying, or are employees of ARU drafting plans without the knowledge of the Board

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    I was just thinking...if the do get axed, there would probably be no reason to keep TWF going either.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    @gerry

He was responding to reports made that the decision has been made to kill the force.The reality is (if you read the carefully crafted ARU statement they released) that the decision about cutting teams needs to be confirmed by SANZAAR before the ARU makes a decision on which Australian team is to be cut.

So - technically no one on the board has told any porkies because they are waiting for other SANZAAR members (SA) to confirm they are going back to a 15 team structure. Once this is done they will then make a decision (if they do) on which AUS team is executed.

Remember also the ARU, like other SANZAAR members has a veto. They could simply vote down the plans to kill any AUS super rugby team even if every other single member of SANZAAR wanted this. It is very telling that the ARU has not come out and simply said that they are committed to 5 AUS super rugby teams. If they did this none of this angst in the middle of a season would be occurring. If AUS loses a super rugby team it is because the ARU want and approve of this. It cannot happen otherwise.

I would expect it to play out if SANZAAR did confirm the 15 team structure, the ARU would then say their hands were tied and they would have to make a decision to 'axe' an AUS team as SANZAAR has come to this decision. Which at that point would make them lying twats.

From the smoke in the media it seems the ARU's finger of death is pointing firmly at the Force. Can't condemn the ARU strongly enough for misrepresenting the interests of australian rugby, in particular the force, at this critical juncture.

Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

Senior Player
    vCash
    Would that not mean that Stooke is part of the whole messy shit fight? Pretty shit from an ex chairman of the Force if that's the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbasimplex View Post
    @gerry

He was responding to reports made that the decision has been made to kill the force.The reality is (if you read the carefully crafted ARU statement they released) that the decision about cutting teams needs to be confirmed by SANZAAR before the ARU makes a decision on which Australian team is to be cut.

So - technically no one on the board has told any porkies because they are waiting for other SANZAAR members (SA) to confirm they are going back to a 15 team structure. Once this is done they will then make a decision (if they do) on which AUS team is executed.

Remember also the ARU, like other SANZAAR members has a veto. They could simply vote down the plans to kill any AUS super rugby team even if every other single member of SANZAAR wanted this. It is very telling that the ARU has not come out and simply said that they are committed to 5 AUS super rugby teams. If they did this none of this angst in the middle of a season would be occurring. If AUS loses a super rugby team it is because the ARU want and approve of this. It cannot happen otherwise.

I would expect it to play out if SANZAAR did confirm the 15 team structure, the ARU would then say their hands were tied and they would have to make a decision to 'axe' an AUS team as SANZAAR has come to this decision. Which at that point would make them lying twats.

From the smoke in the media it seems the ARU's finger of death is pointing firmly at the Force. Can't condemn the ARU strongly enough for misrepresenting the interests of australian rugby, in particular the force, at this critical juncture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kept One View Post
    After reading the article by Jamie Pandaram of the Daily Telegraph and watching the video clip that was attached I emailed the following to the ARU:

"It appears that the statement put out by the ARU on the 28/3/2017 in regards to Super Rugby future is not entirely honest and designed to mislead the rugby following public. According to journalist Jamie Pandaram of The Daily Telegraph "A TOP SECRET proposal has been drafted by the ARU that summarises how a 15-team Super Rugby tournament would work next year, and it does not involve the Western Force". I am disappointed and disillusioned that the ARU has decided to support the interests of rugby in other countries, such as Japan, Argentina and South Africa over the needs of Australian rugby.

The ARU needs to follow up and make a definitive statement that says regardless of the decision in South Africa, Australia will not be cutting a Super Rugby Team. To not do so will only prove that the ARU and it's Board's action in this matter is duplicitous."

I don't suppose it will do any good, but I feel better for doing so.
    I have tweeted the following and yet to receive a response

Name:  jamie2.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  33.6 KB

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Would that not mean that Stooke is part of the whole messy shit fight? Pretty shit from an ex chairman of the Force if that's the case.
    Lots of maybes but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say if and when presented with the decision to kill the force i'll expect the other board members will outvote him. I'll further expect him to immediately resign from the board if that does indeed occur.

Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

Veteran
    vCash
    is there a way to send pictures of each of us to the ARU wearing our force gear:

Name:  IMG_20170331_0737301.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  37.3 KB

something like a #tag to pulver?

Veteran
    vCash
    Also - despite everyone else.

IF the force get scrapped, i will still play rugby, as i love it, i will still watch the wallabies. Dont know if i can support a different super team, but i wont be abandoning Union...

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast