Thread: Round One

Champion
    vCash

Round One

So what do we know?
    I watched Roo Dogs v Baysie.Not a bad first game hit out.
    I don't know where the info came about Wanneroo spending big because they looked pretty much the same as last year with maybe two or three changes but they certainly looked more drilled and a better side. They had the wood on a much bigger P-B pack at the scrum and P-B were lucky not to penalised more. Baysie weren't helped by a first half red card and made more errors. It helps when the coach (KK) can bring himself on and score two tries when the opposition is tiring.
    What updates on what Force players playing where and how did the Cott-Rocky Colts go?
    Vui was not at Wanneroo so looks like he's on his way to NZ and Grant was playing for Cott apparently.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by wholetruth; 25-03-17 at 18:52.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Palmyra flogged Cottesloe in firsts, seconds, thirds and colts.

Cottesloe won fourths and women's.

Wanneroo dodged a bullet with Grant. If they are really that desperate at no 10, they can invite Billy Watt to have a go.

Tyler had some problems in finishing refereeing second grade.

There was someone apparently auditing her game and other referees' games.

Why he didn't take her off before she collapsed from heat stroke is beyond me. She is gutsy, but no one should be put at risk of physical collapse for the sake of a game of rugby.

Champion
    vCash
    Ha ha. Saw Billy working behind the bar at Wanneroo today. Good to see Roo Dogs and P-B play for the trophy in his name. He did actually tell me what a good N0.10 he had been and still could be. And 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,and 15 coach and water boy

Champion
    vCash
    Okay I'll get back involved but if the ferals start the usual bullshit personal attacks from behind the safety of a keyboard I'll be out of here for good.

Wests fell over the line against a Neddies team that also looked and played like it was the first game of the year.
    Game never reached any great heights with plenty of handling lapses and malfunctioning set piece.

A tip for any one playing Neddies do not under any circumstances kick the ball to their fullback and keep it away from him at all cost. He absolutely tore Wests backline to shreds with sheer speed and if Verity Amm continues like that his Force debut will not be too far away.

Wests scrum gave the impression that they could smoke Neddies at any time until Peanut reared his bad head and steadied the ship.
    You have to take your hat off to a man that played 3rds,came on for 2's and then came on for 1's and can still do the damage.

Wests have picked up a very handy loose forward that plays with real intent and a decent tighthead and although I thought they would be going through a rebuilding stage they may surprise.

Depth off the bench looked a major issue for both sides.

Neddies won every other grade with the colts game a very even affair and they won it at the death. Good game to watch.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    That's strange. David Wessels comment on the Wests Nedlands encounter (on twitter, on the first page of this site) was "What a game!! Gonna be interesting last few minutes."

Doesn't quite jell with "Game never reached any great heights with plenty of handling lapses and malfunctioning set pieces."

Or with " ... a Neddies team that looked and played like it was the first game of the year".

Champion
    vCash
    A Neddies team that ALSO looked and played like it was the first game of the year was what I said, which meant it also applied to Wests. Don't get me wrong there was plenty of intent and enthusiasm ,just seemed to be a real stop start affair ,well that's my opinion anyway. What did you think Choice.

Last edited by westies man; 26-03-17 at 19:50.
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    My bad with the "also".

But that makes Wessell's comment even more incongruous.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Okay I'll get back involved but if the ferals start the usual bullshit personal attacks from behind the safety of a keyboard I'll be out of here for good.

Wests fell over the line against a Neddies team that also looked and played like it was the first game of the year.
    Game never reached any great heights with plenty of handling lapses and malfunctioning set piece.

A tip for any one playing Neddies do not under any circumstances kick the ball to their fullback and keep it away from him at all cost. He absolutely tore Wests backline to shreds with sheer speed and if Verity Amm continues like that his Force debut will not be too far away.

Wests scrum gave the impression that they could smoke Neddies at any time until Peanut reared his bad head and steadied the ship.
    You have to take your hat off to a man that played 3rds,came on for 2's and then came on for 1's and can still do the damage.

Wests have picked up a very handy loose forward that plays with real intent and a decent tighthead and although I thought they would be going through a rebuilding stage they may surprise.

Depth off the bench looked a major issue for both sides.

Neddies won every other grade with the colts game a very even affair and they won it at the death. Good game to watch.
    that new #6 for wests did look very handy and did play with intent,pity about the odd cheap shot he was prone to use.That prop is a Mclellan i believe

vCash
    Wanneroo smashes Baysie in Prems, but got thrashed in reserves and 3rds, not a good sign...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!