Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Round 5 Crusdaers v Force

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Even Andre Watson thought Hoffman had a crap one!

Just re-watched the #CRUvFOR game. Rohan Hoffmann was struggling tremendously!! This type of refereeing is not good enough!!!
    And Jonathan Kaplan agreed

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Player
    vCash
    Can a front rower be cited for causing injury for intentional foul play resulting in injury, in a scrum?

Or no due to shifting mass and 16 players involved in a set piece?

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I think the best outcome would be for refs to listen up to what is blatantly obvious to the average observer and penalise Crockett off the park.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I think the best outcome would be for refs to listen up to what is blatantly obvious to the average observer and actually penalise the kiwi teams.
    Made a sight amendment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

But we didn't deserve to win that, not enough impact on the defensive ruck.
    The game plan had the Force standing off 60% of the Defensive Rucks.
    I've never seen us that high before.

Key Def Ruck Involvements:
    Hardwick 8 (1TOW); Hodgson 6; Naisarani 5; RHP 3; Koteka & TPN 2

For >70% of the D rucks involvements Force pressure (?) was applied by only a single player.

Both teams had about 25 Handling Errors and about 20 Missed tackles.

Stats to follow when available.

Last edited by andrewg; 27-03-17 at 07:17.

vCash
    I didn't need stat's to see that Andrew, I'm still at a loss to understand why we essentially gave one of the most dangerous all-round rugby teams in the world unlimited ball to play with.

Bad coaching or weak players?

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Based on Wessel's comments after the match where he said they were too passive in defence they may have been standing off rucks with the plan to rush up and get in the face of the cruasaders. By not committing to the rucks they could maintain the line and not open too many holes with a rush defence. Only works if we we're aggressive in defence in the first half.

vCash
    And winning contact and using good line speed, all of which were sadly lacking.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    In addition, is this ongoing thing the Kiwis/All Blacks have been doing for years, is the cynical smack down of the ball in their own D. It's done every time, yield a penalty rather than giving in a try by the other team. It's cynical play, and should have been carded, not just a little bit of a warning. Personally I'm sick to death of the Hoff, have been for a long time - don't know why we've been expected to put up with his shit game after game. He needs to be thrown out of Super rugby and learn some basics.
    I couldn't agree more. I had the same feeling watching this game as I do watching most All Black games. The AB's must intimidate the Ref's. "But you can't penalise us we're the All Blacks". Or maybe it is just that they infringe so many times that there wouldn't be a game if all the infringements were called. It is frustrating to watch. The Force DOMINATED the scrums and all the ref would do is warn BOTH teams ( 5 meters out from our trie line) to improve the scrum. Then (after sending one of them off) gives a penalty against us when they didn't push straight and wheeled the scrum....which they started doing from then on...new illegal tactic.
    I thought the Force tried hard but didn't get a chance to play rugby. TPN words will go down in history "But I there's nothing to push against ref".
    Let's hope we don't get Hoff again this season and next week has a ref that is prepared to penalise the AB's....sorry..the Blues.

vCash
    All these complaints about Hoffman, but can the Force actually do anything about it? Is there a stats compiler or video analyst working for the Force who can put a package together to make a case for Hoffman to be excluded from Force games? This particular episode was predicted by people not just on this forum, but on others. The Force need to make an official complaint/protest or we're going to end up looking like perennial whingers.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    I have had three Crusaders supporters agree with me that the Reffing "wasn't the best" and they "were lucky not to have seen more yellow" If that isn't proof that he was blatantly favouring a team that was deliberately playing outside the law then I don't know what is!

and PJ, the bore in and wheel is definitely not a new tactic for Wyatt Crockett, it's an all time favourite to go with his classic "Wait for a second and then drop the scrum" and "engage blatantly early to gain some momentum"

I would seriously like to know what dirt this bloke has on the entire referees panel, because nobody calls him on his crap.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ43 View Post
    I thought the Force tried hard but didn't get a chance to play rugby. TPN words will go down in history "But I there's nothing to push against ref".
    It went over the heads of the commentators 'oh nothing there against an All Blacks front row' etc. Pretty arrogant mind you.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    All these complaints about Hoffman, but can the Force actually do anything about it? Is there a stats compiler or video analyst working for the Force who can put a package together to make a case for Hoffman to be excluded from Force games? This particular episode was predicted by people not just on this forum, but on others. The Force need to make an official complaint/protest or we're going to end up looking like perennial whingers.
    I would hope in their after match report they would highlight some of their concerns with the referee performance including the TMO.

If I was the Force I would suggest that when the refs review the match they consider their mindset at the time as to whether they had preconceived notions that may have contributed to their decision making.

As to whether we would see any action I don't think so and I suspect we will get Hoffman again multiple times. If it was the Tahs or Reds who copped his poor decisions such as he made on the weekend, every decision would be analysed and complained about in the media. Only when enough attention is generated would there be action, for now they can just keep him reffing the "lower" teams that don't have the media voice behind them.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/wa...18-gh4h25.html

Note what constitutes "demotion"...

We've had Hoffman as a referee three out of four, and on-field twice. I have no doubt we'll see plenty more of him yet...after all, it is only the Force. As the French coach said, "small" teams just get reffed differently.

Last edited by AndyS; 27-03-17 at 14:02.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    The Force need to make an official complaint/protest or we're going to end up looking like perennial whingers.
    Yeah... that ship has sailed, been deemed as scrap and is an artificial reef at this point in time.

Hoffman didn't lose us the game - there is an argument the TMO robbed us of more than hoff did).

We went to sleep in defence and didn't take it to them. BUT - the crusaders are at this point in the season are equal favourites to win it. we were never going to win. BUT WE ARE MAKING PROGRESS FROM THE LAST 2 YEARS!

putting aside the possibility that the ARU are a bunch of slimy cun - sorry, Almost got off topic- looking at this season objectivley, as long as we put in a better showing than we did last year we'll have a good season.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast