Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Round 5 Crusdaers v Force

Senior Player
    vCash
    Proud of the lads tonight they played with some real balls even with Hoffman ruining the contest all night. And Sanzar and the ARU are wondering why crowds are walking away when fucktards like that bloke are refereeing. He's a deadset cancer on the game. Ecky I too would be interested to hear what a fellow ref would comment on that performance. And by no means am I saying we should've won that game but jeez there seemed to be some ghastly decisions that sure influenced an awful lot.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    some saucey language Boof but the sentiments are spot on. Just a dogs breakfast of a reffing performance. You couldn't practice being that bad.

Force desperatley need to regroup for the Blues. Hope Ainsley is OK, Rona and KK come back from their concussions.

Benny Mac needs to just come back ASAP before we are playing catchup from too far back on the table. This is a pivotal year for Super Rugby and you want to be showing your best out their before its too late.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Certainly why I'm most pissed off tonight is not losing but losing by what I think is an unfair amount because off poor referring.

I would love some of the refs from the the NH to come down and ref a game like tonight and see how they interpret it.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post

Force desperatley need to regroup for the blues.
    If there is one thing I feel from the the team this year is they don't panic and seemed very relaxed and know exactly how they want to play every game. Going for more 80 mins will be the key.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    What was the Naisarani card all about? I couldn't fathom that, was it repeat team infringements in defensive positions, was Naisarani individually on a warning or something like that?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by chibi; 25-03-17 at 01:31.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    I'm pretty sure it was for cynical play, mainly because he was wearing blue.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    All I have ever asked for is that the team show pride in playing for the WF. This current team does this like no other WF team has.
    They look like they genuinely enjoy playing for each other.
    These away games will bring them even closer and I can't wait until the next home game.
    Sure they need to improve in some basic areas, getting rid of Lance would help he is one paced, boring and can't kick for shit.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    I was impressed how we never put our heads down and we are starting to really open up and play some nice entertaining rugby that we can be proud of and I think if we can be a bit more clinical and finish a few opportunities off we will definitely upset a few teams. I think we needed to be a bit more aggressive in defense and Jono needs to improve his kicking. All credit to the crusaders they were definitely the stronger team but I dont think the score was a true representation of the game. Very impressed with how Jermaine played so really hoping his injury is not too bad. Newsome looked good in his first start and so did Naisarani. Louwrens is in really good form at the moment. Hodgo made a big difference coming on and you could see why we still need him.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddly View Post
    I don't like to complain about the ref, but Ecky I would love to hear your review on his efforts?
    Sorry - I don't have Foxtel and I work. Didn't see the game; just reading about it on here now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Sorry - I don't have Foxtel and I work. Didn't see the game; just reading about it on here now.
    Could be a lucky thing you don't as you even might have a few negative points on the game.. Even the NZ commentators were baffled at some decisions against the Force..

Veteran
    vCash
    yeah - I think we were all happy with the way the game went, but that reffing was absolutely atrocious! too many to list right now, but i was so angry at it, and the lack of warnings to the saders for cynical and repeated infringements, that there should have been a card way earlier.

the turn-over penalty on that scrum, was not a particularly straight push. urrgght, just thinking about the game makes me angry!

on another note - Force need to maintain possession much better!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    the turn-over penalty on that scrum, was not a particularly straight push. urrgght, just thinking about the game makes me angry! on another note - Force need to maintain possession much better!
    Not particularly straight, it was as bad as the one which folded jermaines elbow. I think the force stood off way too many rucks,i know that filled the defensive line across the park, but some of the saders phase counts were obscene. Added to the fact that they knew damn well that Hoffman wouldn't penalise for holding on (apparently) they just held the ball on the ground until the ruck formed, making the only way we could get the ball off them was illegally. Take notes boys, because we can beat the blues by the looks of that performance but we won't unless we can secure some turnovers.

C'mon the

vCash
    Despite some of the headlines, the press both sides of the Tasman seem to be giving a reasonably balanced view of the game

Fox Sports

.."The Force also had two TMO decisions go against them, potentially costing them 14 points".. (Not to mention Hoff not going to the TMO for other debatable decisions. His bias was just breath taking)

..."However, with some TMO calls going against them and Naisarini yellow carded despite keeping his feet at the ruck, the Force were unable to keep pace in the high-scoring affair"...

NZ Herald

.."The not so good news is that this was messy at times and especially in the second half when the Crusaders' discipline came under severe scrutiny and they were perhaps lucky to lose only one player to a yellow card.."

Stuff

The Force dug their heels in, showing some real grit, and the Crusaders struggled to contain a penalty count - the majority of them during the scrums. Eventually referee Rohan Hoffmann caned the Crusaders 17-12 in this facet, reducing what many Crusaders fans hoped would be a free-flowing affair into a slog (The operative word being "eventually" - if we'd given away just say, two penalties at scrum time with the Saders on our try line we would've copped a yellow from Hoff no question - just how many did the Crusaders concede in that 6 minute period - anyone?)

I thought the stats in the Stuff article were interesting - the Saders were definitely the better side, but we weren't too far off the pace, especially considering playing against 16. We really are a much better coached side this year - well done Wessels and team.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Yes, they not far off now, and Wessels says is true-was a great learning curve for them. I feel more confident going against the Blues next week. Big cred to Brache, thanks to him for Alex's try and he tackled his heart out. Thought Daley also played really well, and reckon TPN is playing the best consistent rugby I've seen from him in ages!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Even Andre Watson thought Hoffman had a crap one!

Just re-watched the #CRUvFOR game. Rohan Hoffmann was struggling tremendously!! This type of refereeing is not good enough!!!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast