Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Round 5 Crusdaers v Force

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Not going to comment on our game or ref.

However is Jermaine ok?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    hope so-that scrum which resulted in his injury should be scrutinized

Champion
    vCash
    Force add injuries to insult in Crusaders loss
    Nick Taylor

Western Force will fly replacements to Auckland for next Saturday's clash with the Blues after being left battered 45-17 by the unbeaten Super Rugby Crusaders powerhouse at AMI Stadium.
    Prop Jermaine Ainsley dislocated his left elbow when a scrum collapsed leaving him screaming in pain, flanker Kane Koteka left the game after a head knock while centre Curtis Rona also suffered concussion.
    With their future under a cloud the Force were the definition of a desperate team at times, fighting and scrapping in what is the toughest provincial test in Super Rugby.
    They can count themselves a little unlucky when Crusaders second-rower Luke Romano was awarded a try before half-time when the ball had clearly been grounded by the Force and then soon after the break scrum-half Ryan Louwrens was denied a try when the ball touched the ground.
    A possible 14-point turnaround could have changed the face of the game however the Crusaders, oozing quality, were no doubt the better side.
    Their bench depth and ability to close out the game were turning points as the Force fought back from a poor start but were left without a win in their last five visits to Christchurch.
    They failed to score after the break and will be disappointed at leaking two late tries that blew out the score.
    Force coach Dave Wessels said his side were too passive from the kick-off.

More here

https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-u...-ng-b88426129z

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    This was more a muscle game than a game of rugby for me and the Hoff well and truly should be slapped out of the reffing job. He lost control/any idea, totally destroyed the flow. How there wasn't a penalty try given, and allowing that try to Romano was a joke! Hope he enjoys his beer with the Saders after the game

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    The Rebels are a bit like the Force, they don't know how to close out a game

vCash
    Having vented, still reckon they played bloody well. Wonder if the scrum causing that injury to Jermaine will get looked at. Wasn't very good form either with Kieran Read laughing with the team on the field while Jermaine is lying on the ground in front of him screaming in pain, fn arsehole.

vCash
    Wyatt Crockett didn't pack straight all night, but better ref's than Hoffman have let him get away with it.

Romano was never onside when he scored that bullshit try, the controversy over an obscure law is pointless, he never retired once the ruck was formed.

Is had possession of the bal, ball off the ground and maintained his feet then played it back when he lost his feet.

I'm proud of the tight 5 particularly, they served up an all black tight five and should have earned at least a second yellow.

Penalty try was never going to happen, the saders dropped it as soon as they lost momentum, so we never moved forward, but I think it would be a reasonable question about Ryan being taken out, Morahan was behind him and 10m to the side and he had a genuine play on the ball.

But we didn't deserve to win that, not enough impact on the defensive ruck.

C'mon the

Apprentice
    vCash
    As a Force supporter it always difficult supporting a team that is battling but when they give 100% effort then it endears the supporter base.The better team won no doubt but rubbish decisions make it hard to swallow, I can't understand how Hoffman gets a gig really that was another truly biased rubbish performance by himself and the TMO

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    I can't understand how Hoffman gets a gig really that was another truly biased rubbish performance by himself and the TMO
    TMO even went outside Hoff's instructions at one stage

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Jermaine Ainsley going off with what looks to be a pretty bad arm injury.
    That is exactly why teams are penalised for not scrumming straight. Frankly I think the judiciary should look at the crusaders scrum tonight after that and all the penalties' against them. And Hoffman's excuse of new front row is a load of shit when we had four scrum penalties in a row.

And then our 8 to get sent off in a completely legal move just shows where super rugby suffers, one refs penalty is anothers play on. Forgetting why the penalty was awarded, Why is a yellow carded against a defending team that hasn't defended for the previous 15 mins and been on the oppositions try line!

Don't think we would have won the game but certainly the score would have been different if the Hoff had watched the Cruasaders at the breakdown ( I.e. Releasing the ball/tackled player).

Lastly, and it's a big call but I'm sick of it, I dont believe the crusaders (amd chiefs as well, other kiwi teams not so bad) play in the spirit of the laws.
    They spend a lot of the time pushing the laws and through shear volume seem to expect not to get caught, kicking ball in ruck, hands in ruck, not rolling away, not releasing. Frankly it turns me off from watching them.

And before the haters tart hating, again I dont think the Force would have won tonight, because of their own mistakes, but the value of the game would have been improved. Teams like the crusaders don't need to make the game unattractive as I feel they do. Fast, moving, offloading games are great, they did it well tonight, but then the opposition has the ball and stopped from doing the same by questionable tactics. Felt the same watching chiefs and rebels and even some kiwi derbys.

Rant over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beliefs View Post
    The Rebels are a bit like the Force, they don't know how to close out a game
    Please don't put a comment like this in a current thread! I was going to watch the game with no knowledge of the result etc but once I read your comment I new the result! There is another thread something like "other games this week" .

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Having vented, still reckon they played bloody well. Wonder if the scrum causing that injury to Jermaine will get looked at. Wasn't very good form either with Kieran Read laughing with the team on the field while Jermaine is lying on the ground in front of him screaming in pain, fn arsehole.
    I was surprised by KR's laughter. I wonder if R Hoffman has heard of "duty of care"! If his officiating of the scrum was wrong maybe he's liable! To my mind the the 'Saders milked the ref and he allowed it!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Ref was atrocious. Don't think we would ever have won, but, he totally took it up the hoop! We were worthy of a BP!

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DazloT View Post
    That is exactly why teams are penalised for not scrumming straight. Frankly I think the judiciary should look at the crusaders scrum tonight after that and all the penalties' against them. And Hoffman's excuse of new front row is a load of shit when we had four scrum penalties in a row.

And then our 8 to get sent off in a completely legal move just shows where super rugby suffers, one refs penalty is anothers play on. Forgetting why the penalty was awarded, Why is a yellow carded against a defending team that hasn't defended for the previous 15 mins and been on the oppositions try line!

Don't think we would have won the game but certainly the score would have been different if the Hoff had watched the Cruasaders at the breakdown ( I.e. Releasing the ball/tackled player).

Lastly, and it's a big call but I'm sick of it, I dont believe the crusaders (amd chiefs as well, other kiwi teams not so bad) play in the spirit of the laws.
    They spend a lot of the time pushing the laws and through shear volume seem to expect not to get caught, kicking ball in ruck, hands in ruck, not rolling away, not releasing. Frankly it turns me off from watching them.

And before the haters tart hating, again I dont think the Force would have won tonight, because of their own mistakes, but the value of the game would have been improved. Teams like the crusaders don't need to make the game unattractive as I feel they do. Fast, moving, offloading games are great, they did it well tonight, but then the opposition has the ball and stopped from doing the same by questionable tactics. Felt the same watching chiefs and rebels and even some kiwi derbys.

Rant over.
    In addition, is this ongoing thing the Kiwis/All Blacks have been doing for years, is the cynical smack down of the ball in their own D. It's done every time, yield a penalty rather than giving in a try by the other team. It's cynical play, and should have been carded, not just a little bit of a warning. Personally I'm sick to death of the Hoff, have been for a long time - don't know why we've been expected to put up with his shit game after game. He needs to be thrown out of Super rugby and learn some basics.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Hoffman is a low dog c&@t pure and simple.(sorry about the swearing Alison). To all the lovers that get on here and say oh but you've gotta take the ref out of the game ffs watch that game and tell me how? The fucken cheat has probably helped a young fella lose his rugby career because he couldn't officiate the scrums properly.

Last edited by boof1050; 24-03-17 at 22:56.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast