Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Other Games this weekend

Champion
    vCash
    If anyone get's a chance watch the Saffas deal to the frog's, one of the best games I've seen for a while.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Am I seeing things - but The West article's pic about Nikoro looks suspiciously like Ruru to me!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Am I seeing things - but The West article's pic about Nikoro looks suspiciously like Ruru to me!
    No you definitely aren't seeing things, they have the wrong picture as it is Ruru in it but the description below talks about Nikoro being tackled....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Pictures of Nikoro don't seem to show tattoos on his right arm.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Champion
    vCash
    The Lions left it late scoring 14 tries in the final 79mins 59sec to sneak home over the Sunwolves 94 - 7 ....

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Yes KH, I watched that as well and cannot believe that the ARU and Sanzaar thinking that ditching the Rebels and keeping the Sunwolves could possibly improve Super Rugby....

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    National footprint and player depth wise we should be keeping a 5th franchise as long as its not a complete financial basket case, which unfortunately the 5th added franchise is, but my curiosity with this result lays with how long will the Almighty Saviour of Super Rugby, the Asian Market, will be keen to support this team when the results are showing they are years away from being competitive. As we know and have seen across just about every sport, fan support and financials start to become a real issue for any side who struggle for multiple seasons. Seeing as also no other Asian nation is nowhere near ready for Super Rugby, then does this push for the Asian market become a one and done deal when the Sunwolves start hitting bumpy waters? Already their match attendances in Singapore have been continuously poor and they would be losing money hosting matches there. The novelty of the World Cup in Tokyo is the only thing in focus right now, what happens in 2021, 22 when the Sunwolves are still a way off being regularly competitive, crowd interest wanes and the Asian market starts to move away from rugby? Speculative, i know, but based on past events this has a good chance of happening in Super Rugby.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Continues to show that the ARU and SANZAAR just look at short term profit with no regard to a long term competition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    ... Already their match attendances in Singapore have been continuously poor and they would be losing money hosting matches there. ...
    If I were them I'd be looking at removing the 'home' matches 5,300 km and a 7 hr flight away from their real home.

They were getting attendances of ~16,000 at their Tokyo stadium (capacity 27,000, so 60% full), but attendances of ~8,000 in Singapore (capacity 55,000, so 15% full). Plus it increases their travel burden by some 30,000-40,000 km each season (some Super Rugby sides only travel about this far in total).

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Jag's 40 - Tahs 27. Looks like we're heading for a nice little showdown next week

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Jag's 40 - Tahs 27. Looks like we're heading for a nice little showdown next week
    Buiding nicely. Stir and repeat (last night)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Don't jinx us Andrew! But I think the Folau/Foley 'new' crossfield kick(trick) idea may get a showing! Thought the Hugwaryiaaze (as kearnsy calls them) played a good game Simple stuff done well, after they cut out the dirty trick/ soccer stuff.

vCash
    The way to beat Foley's Cross field kick is to attack in defense all night, never giving him the chance to do it from 10-15 out. They spend so much of their efforts on setting it up that we should have plenty of opportunities to push them back to the 22 and force a turnover while Foley and folau are dicking around waiting for the moon to enter the fourth stage of sagittarius.

Tahs will pick exactly zero back rowers, they've been doing it for several years now, so good breakdown pressure will break their attack down. All it will take it the confidence to attack with purpose and we have a huge chance.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Just watched most of the Stormers v Sunwolves... Another epic flogging for the Sunwolves. If Australia needs to lose the Rebels because there are not enough quality players for five competitive teams then surely SANZAAR should be looking seriously at the Sunwolves.... The Japs don't even have one competitive team.
    Just a reminder... The A in ARU stands for Australia... not Japan or Argentina for that matter.... The problems in Australian rugby are systemic. Failure to get decent talent development programs off the ground under dorks like David Nucifora and a total focus on national teams has failed the grass roots and failed Super rugby... That whole centralisation of Acadamies strategy under Nucifora was dumb as dogshit.. and set talent development back 5 years. Pump bucket loads of cash into the elite end and pay rugby league converts squillions, strip the Super teams and grassroots of cash to pay for it, give a shit about the next generation and surprise surprise Australian rugby is in trouble... Who needs 30 year old x leaguies making average debuts pumped up by the media as brilliant emerging players.... Where are the 22-25 year olds.
    Lets find another million or so to bring back another has been blast from the past Will Genia because he might make aging Quade Cooper look good, Meanwhile the two best young up and comers Ruru and Louwrens have their development blocked and their team chopped from under them. Insanity.
    While I am ranting how good would the Force look if they were in the South Africa 2 Conference.... weak conference has consequences. Love to have played the Sunwolves twice and avoided most NZ teams!!
    Serenity now Serenity now...

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    How terrible is Quade Cooper,clueless ,lost and looks scared.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast