13 March, 2017. 14:34

ERROL PARKER | Editor-at-large | Contact

Rugby Union’s chief governing body in the southern hemisphere has put a number of underperforming clubs on notice this afternoon, as the look to ‘trim the fat’ and make the once-popular code ‘great again’.

SANZAAR [South Africa, New Zealand, Australia and Argentina Rugby] announced this afternoon that the Western Force and Melbourne Rebels need to lift their game – or face the consequences.

That latter of the two Australian sides has had their members pool together to buy a little-known rugby prospect from the Logan region in South Brisbane.

Iosefa Tuiasosopo, a 19-year-old recent graduate of a Brisbane Wallaby factory, t0ld The Advocate that he’s been approached by a number of clubs from a variety of sporting codes since leaving school.

However, he’s taking the Melbourne bid quite seriously.

“Yeah look, aye. Not really a fan of Melbourne, my blood is too thick for that far south,” he said.

“But yeah, bro. It’s a lot of money, they’ve managed to scrape enough together for me to live comfortably. One bloke even said he’d sort my family out if they wanted to come down. Dad said no way but Mum said she might come. Might go back to New Zealand, though. But I’ll never be an All Black, but I reckon I might have a Wallaby cap by next season.”

More to come.

http://www.betootaadvocate.com/sport...boy-sensation/