Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rugby heaven lack of transparency

vCash

Rugby heaven lack of transparency

It's breathtaking that in Rugbyheaven today there are two articles that discuss the future of Super Rugby and what should be done to remediate Australian Rugby.

The immediate thing you notice is that both have images of the Western Force on them.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...08-gutboo.html

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...09-guuids.html

Not surprisingly, one of the articles was written by Georgina Robinson and not surprisingly the headline was hardly complementary. Despite the fact that the article does go on to discuss the issues the other Super teams and Unions have had, the fact that the title, and the image both reference the western force is typical SMH/Rugby heaven bastardry.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Totally agree with you andrewM, it is just more proof of the East is best mentality that they have on top of their short-sightedness.....

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    They continue to show their true colours.

They have also put up an article quoting Bob Dwyer and suggesting yet again we be moved to Western Sydney and another from Tom Decent again talking of culling us.

They are either totally baised or are copy and paste journalisrts that keep regurgitating the some old content.

They will only be happy once rugby is again isolated to NSW and QLD, they need to wake up from their slumber and accept that rugby in Australia (Yes, Australia) has moved on and Australia is made up of a lot more than their little patch.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Rugby Heaven is a Sydney Morning Herald website. Most of their readership will be based in NSW so they're probably writing what their audience wants to read.

We need journos over here covering the Force and trying to get the word out as to all the good things that RugbyWA is doing to grow the game in this state.

Unfortunately the likes of Bob Dwyer think the Shute Shield is still the 3rd tier of Australian Rugby.

Last edited by jargan83; 10-03-17 at 08:00.

vCash
    a level-headed article in the Telegraph by Canno today:
    http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/b...62078fc575c58c

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    One of the better articles regarding the topic

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Champion
    vCash
    She makes cursory - if any - mentions of the millions and millions the Waratahs and Reds have cost over the ARU over the years. But that's typical of E States reports

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Rugby Heaven is a Sydney Morning Herald website. Most of their readership will be based in NSW so they're probably writing what their audience wants to read.

We need journos over here covering the Force and trying to get the word out as to all the good things that RugbyWA is doing to grow the game in this state.

Unfortunately the likes of Bob Dwyer think the Shute Shield is still the 3rd tier of Australian Rugby.
    If you bothered to watch the new Fox rugby show this week they did a fantastic job of talking the Force up. Considering Fox Sports essentially runs Aussie Rugby I would think that can't be a bad thing.

All we need is to beat the Brums and show that the number 1 ranking isn't a fluke and they won't have the ability to rag on us.

I assume that they talked about the Force because all of the "Heartland" franchises lost pretty badly and there wasn't much positive to say about it, however it was good press for us.

C'mon the

vCash
    The Rugby Heaven headline to Robinson's effort was enough for me to swear out loud. It could not have been more misleading or more out of context. Fake news!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    I've just read the Rugby Heaven article by Robinson and I'm fuming!

vCash
    Neither Georgina or any of the other ES Journo's will be making the decision, nor will any of their opinions be considered at the meeting.

The absolute key to it all is that all parties must agree, and based on that alone, nothing will change.

You heard it here first, as usual

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    The Rugby Heaven headline to Robinson's effort was enough for me to swear out loud. It could not have been more misleading or more out of context. Fake news!
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthGirl View Post
    I've just read the Rugby Heaven article by Robinson and I'm fuming!
    Save it for the game, not long to go now

vCash
    I just read Robinson's article,

Whilst none of it is factually wrong, (Apart from the $3mill being a bailout, The Force sold stuff to get that 3 Million) she cretainly draws some interesting conclusions with her veiled suggestion that it be the Force that is canned.

The Qld "several million" How much was that, and how many individual payments were there? I'm sure there were at least 3 $2million payouts since they won the championship in 2011, Possibly more.

The 3 Million to the Rebels (who incidentally are privately funded, therefore it's a gift to their current owner for no good reason whatsoever) included a commitment to spend up to 10 million over several years

THe 5 Million to the Waratahs, despite being the largest of any sum she has mentioned is only one in a series of bailouts of=ver the course of the competition.

No mention of the Brumbies? they've had their slice of the carve up as well.

My point?

If we simply stopped the ARU from putting their hand in their pocket every time somebody from NSW or Queensland stub their toe, we'd be nearly 10 Million in surplus (even counting the money that has been credited to other franchises)

If we stopped paying a private investor to keep his investment afloat financially we would be significantly better off.

If we bought the management rights to every franchise that needed a payout, like was the arrangement with the Force then Aussie rugby would be centralised in three years WITHOUT A SINGLE THING CHANGING FROM THE CURRENT SITUATION!

So leading with the smallest figure on the balance sheet, and the only one which isn't simply a brown paper bag full of cash is (searching for a word and failing) Growden-esque

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    That article made me so angry! I just wish the media could be positive about super rugby and rugby in general! I hope we can get a win tonight.

Player
    vCash
    Posted the following on her Facebook page in the comments under the article. Join in people she needs a bit of an adjustment I think.

Why is it that you can twist the facts to make a story? Why is the headline so far from the truth? I would like you to have a look at all the money given to both NSW and Qld since they have been participating in Super Rugby and write a story about that. I bet the 3 million that was NOT GIVEN to the Western Force but used to buy the Intellectual Property Rights is rather small when put against the other franchises. The article you wrote is nothing more than FAKE news. How low can you go Georgina, call yourself a journalist, if so a very poor one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast