Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Round 3 Brumbies v Force

Senior Player
    vCash
    RHP will know he let the lads down. But the game was not all lost in the last 10 minutes. We should have been more clinical and scored at least two early tries. That could have changed the whole complexion of the game.

As for Rona, he effectively shut out the three Wallaby 13s in 3 successive weeks - Folau, Kerevi and Kuridrani. He and Meakes work well in defence.

And if we are pointing the finger, Morahan, apart from a few head on tackles late, had a shocker. He is just not solid enough to break or make a first up tackle.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eleypinkbit View Post
    8,467 can't miss the extra few! It is a long weekend though and Canberra is deserted on holiday weekends
    Strange people in Canberra. Seems they all left on Friday and came back today. The Raiders are playing now and the joint is packed.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Ruck Involvements - Brumbies v Force

Remember:
    1. Early means 1st or 2nd of player’s team AFTER the ball carrier has been tackled and brought to ground.
    2. Impact means active engagement: strong physical contact, changed shape of ruck, clean-out, protecting ball etc. (more than hand on someone’s bum or arriving after the hard work has been done). Yes it’s subjective - but as I collect all data at least it’s consistent.
    3. Impact DOES NOT equate to Effectiveness. I’ve concluded that coming up with an effectiveness measure is just too hard in the time that I have available – but open to suggestions.

Name:  2017-03-11_17-17-02.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  179.2 KB

Name:  2017-03-11_17-11-11.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  183.6 KB

Against the Clock

Name:  2017-03-11_17-12-37.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  100.4 KB

Name:  2017-03-11_17-12-53.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  96.3 KB

Spread over Playing Groups

Name:  2017-03-11_17-05-27.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  33.9 KB

Comments:

1. Possession and Territory very evenly shared.
    2. Force won 94% (63 of 67) of their own rucks; Brumbies 92% (52 of 56).
    3. Forc conceded 12 turnovers; Brumbies only 6.
    4. Force Tackling Efficiency 80% - 92 Tackles/18 Missed
    5. Brumbies Tackling at 92% - 103 Tackles/8 Missed.
    6. Kane Koteka a big work rate for his 50 minutes.
    7. Richard Hardwick the key contributor on Defence Rucks. (1 TOW)
    8. Other TOW by Tet Faulkner & Heath Tessman.
    9. RHP & Matt Philip the most involved Locks.
    10. Force didn't have a lot of possession in the last 30 Minutes. Unfortunately when thy did get the ball they tended to kick the ball back to the Brumbies I found the kicking (IPx1; LMx1; DHPx2) in the 60-70 min period very frustrating as that was before RHP got his YC and we were leading 17:14 and in with a chance.
    11. Last 20 minutes was mostly scrums, linouts and mauls controlled by the Brumbies.
    12. Heath T very involved for his 41 minutes.
    13. Very little impact off the bench beyond the 1st 10 mins after half time.
    14. Very similar involvement by main player groups with good involvement by Force Front Row. (mostly due to HT)

Last edited by andrewg; 11-03-17 at 17:54.

vCash
    Name:  2017-03-11_17-05-53.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  33.3 KB

Both teams were standing off Defence Rucks.
    Minimal involvement by Brumbies Locks.
    Brumbies Back Row put most pressure on the Force ball carriers.

Name:  2017-03-11_17-04-20.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  28.2 KB

Very similar level of support for ball carriers from both teams.

Name:  2017-03-11_17-04-38.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  31.3 KB

Brumbies stood off 55% of Defence Rucks; Force 46%.
    Brumbies 95% of 1 player or less after the tackler in D rucks.
    Force slightly more prepared to commit 2 or more players to D rucks.

Both teams provided strong support for their own ball carriers.
    This game really wasn't a battle over the breakdown as total ruck involvements were quite low by SR standards.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Dave Wessels about to be interviewed on 882 6pr about game and how we are travelling

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    I wonder y ruck engagements were so low this week, aggression at the ruck was a future of both of the other games

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Dave Wessels about to be interviewed on 882 6pr about game and how we are travelling
    Congrats on beating The Man to the punch. But where's the link?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WF2006 View Post
    Double movement my ass!
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    He was held and didn't release. Legit penalty.
    Check out the 29th minute of the Stormers game and you will see how it should have been done. A prefect explanation of the right way and the wrong way

I think those missed early opportunities cost us the game, not RHP. What he did was stupid, but we should have had the game sewn up by then.

The Reds showed that the Cruaders are beatable, I hope it's gunna be worth the trip across the dutch.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Just being able to have a few pints of Speights from the tap will make it worthwile.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Ruck Involvements - Brumbies v Force

Remember:
    1. Early means 1st or 2nd of player’s team AFTER the ball carrier has been tackled and brought to ground.
    2. Impact means active engagement: strong physical contact, changed shape of ruck, clean-out, protecting ball etc. (more than hand on someone’s bum or arriving after the hard work has been done). Yes it’s subjective - but as I collect all data at least it’s consistent.
    3. Impact DOES NOT equate to Effectiveness. I’ve concluded that coming up with an effectiveness measure is just too hard in the time that I have available – but open to suggestions.

Name:  2017-03-11_17-17-02.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  179.2 KB

Name:  2017-03-11_17-11-11.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  183.6 KB

Against the Clock

Name:  2017-03-11_17-12-37.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  100.4 KB

Name:  2017-03-11_17-12-53.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  96.3 KB

Spread over Playing Groups

Name:  2017-03-11_17-05-27.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  33.9 KB

Comments:

1. Possession and Territory very evenly shared.
    2. Force won 94% (63 of 67) of their own rucks; Brumbies 92% (52 of 56).
    3. Forc conceded 12 turnovers; Brumbies only 6.
    4. Force Tackling Efficiency 80% - 92 Tackles/18 Missed
    5. Brumbies Tackling at 92% - 103 Tackles/8 Missed.
    6. Kane Koteka a big work rate for his 50 minutes.
    7. Richard Hardwick the key contributor on Defence Rucks. (1 TOW)
    8. Other TOW by Tet Faulkner & Heath Tessman.
    9. RHP & Matt Philip the most involved Locks.
    10. Force didn't have a lot of possession in the last 30 Minutes. Unfortunately when thy did get the ball they tended to kick the ball back to the Brumbies I found the kicking (IPx1; LMx1; DHPx2) in the 60-70 min period very frustrating as that was before RHP got his YC and we were leading 17:14 and in with a chance.
    11. Last 20 minutes was mostly scrums, linouts and mauls controlled by the Brumbies.
    12. Heath T very involved for his 41 minutes.
    13. Very little impact off the bench beyond the 1st 10 mins after half time.
    14. Very similar involvement by main player groups with good involvement by Force Front Row. (mostly due to HT)
    I don't understand the logic behind kicking the ball away at that time of the game.If its to get the territory, it just hands the ball back the other team and tiring forwards have even more pressure to defend. Our backs weren't getting much of a run the last 20 minutes from what I remember, so I would love to know Wessels rationale on the kicking tactic, or was it down to the players' decisions?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    I don't understand the logic behind kicking the ball away at that time of the game.If its to get the territory, it just hands the ball back the other team and tiring forwards have even more pressure to defend. Our backs weren't getting much of a run the last 20 minutes from what I remember, so I would love to know Wessels rationale on the kicking tactic, or was it down to the players' decisions?
    One of my concerns so far has been in DHP's game and his reduced impact as a ball carrier.
    Last year he averaged 14 carries and 87m per game.
    This year he's averaged 9 carries and 51m per game.
    It seemed that in the 60-70 min period of the game, despite the excellent ground conditions, neither side wanted possession.
    Obviously the Brumbies were of the view that the Force was more likely to make a mistake getting out of its own half.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    One of my concerns so far has been in DHP's game and his reduced impact as a ball carrier.
    Last year he averaged 14 carries and 87m per game.
    This year he's averaged 9 carries and 51m per game.
    It seemed that in the 60-70 min period of the game, despite the excellent ground conditions, neither side wanted possession.
    Obviously the Brumbies were of the view that the Force was more likely to make a mistake getting out of its own half.
    I suspect a number of points:

1) DHP probably still getting back to full match fitness.
    2) After last year a few teams targeting him more and earlier.
    3) Meakes proably making more carries 28 so far and Peni 19, to ease the burden
    4) We are trying to get the ball wide at least some of the timne rather than very little last year, placing a bit less relaince on him

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Senior Player
    vCash
    I honestly thought Ruru should've been brought on earlier to spark the attack back up again. Nothing like a good injection of enthusiasm off the bench to get the team thinking again. Also I noticed in the last few games Mozza not exactly firing either. 1 ordinary kick in the first half that goes dead with an overlap taking shape and the dodgy pass for the 2nd bombed try. Should be better options from a player of his calibre.

Rookie
    vCash
    I, as we all are, am very frustrated that we are not 3-0. I am excited about the potential we show. I figure this year will be a growing year given the new system and all the new players. But it doesn't make these losses any less painful.

I agree that Monahan has not been up to form this year. And I was surprised when Penni was pulled and not him. Also, Koteka being replaced instead of Stander. A few strange subs this game for me.

vCash
    I think Koteka was feeling his shoulder from the week before and was holding it as he exited the field.

Morahan had a better game according to the stats on Vodacom rugby than his previous two games.

2 linebreaks against 3 season to date

0 missed tackles against season 8

5 tackles made against season 9

6 good passes against season 11

41 run mtrs against 87 season

Agree Ruru needed to come on a bit earlier

Penni seemed to tire in the second half, been doing a lot of work so far this season. While Coleman did not do anything as the ball never got there due to the kicking, I think Wessels was hoping he could inject a bit of pace but that did not materialise.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast