Thread: Road Safety Western Force U20s Named for QLD Clash

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Road Safety Western Force U20s Named for QLD Clash

By David Berrie
    Thu 2nd March 17

Road Safety Western Force U20s Head Coach Dwayne Nestor has made several changes to his side ahead of their Round Two clash with the Queensland Reds U20s at the Foreshore, Nedlands this Saturday, 4 March.

Nedlands big man Sam Offer comes back into the starting second row, after missing last week with concussion and Kalamunda’s Kitione Nairube will start in his first game of the season in the 14 jersey.

All but one Pindan Premier Grade club will be represented on Saturday, with UWA boasting the strongest contingent with seven players selected.

While the Future Force Foundation have six representatives in the side, including prop sensation Shambeckler Vui coming off two tries last week and the exciting centre combination of Jordan Holgate and Will Latu.

Head Coach Dwayne Nestor says that while the team played well last week, there is still room for improvement against what is sure to be a strong Queensland team.

“The Reds are a good team,” he said. “They’re big, they’re strong and their backs move the ball really well, so defensively we’re going to have to be good.

“We scored points last week, but we want to score more so we’ve picked a pretty attacking team this week who I’m really excited to coach.”

The Road Safety Western Force U20s kick off against the Queensland Reds U20s at 2pm (AWST). The match will be live streamed here.

Road Safety Western Force U20s vs Queensland Reds U20s
    Saturday, 4 March
    Foreshore, Nedlands
    Kick-off: 2:00PM (AWST)
    LIVE stream here

1 Victor Harris JOONDALUP

2 Sama Malola WESTS SCARBOROUGH

3 Shambeckler Vui WANNEROO

4 Sam Offer NEDLANDS

5 Ben Grant COTTESLOE

6 Lachlan Currie UWA

7 Evan Stafford PALMYRA

8 Brody Macaskill WESTS SCARBOROUGH

9 Rory O'Sullivan UWA

10 Anthony Hondros UWA

11 Trey Moloney PALMYRA

12 Jordan Holgate KALAMUNDA

13 Will Latu WANNEROO

14 Kitione Nairube KALAMUNDA

15 Clay Uyen UWA

16 Nick Luyt COTTESLOE

17 Lorenzo Mari JOONDALUP

18 Tahere Reha PALMYRA

19 Hendricus Van Der Heyden UWA

20 Sosifa Likio UWA

21 Brendan Vorster UWA

22 Aidan Shortall KALAMUNDA

23 Jonah Chase PERTH BAYSWATER

https://www.westernforce.com.au/arti...amed-qld-clash

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Going to be very toasty at kick off!

Champion
    vCash
    When I saw it last week I thought it must be a mistake but apparently not.
    Something must be rotting at Uni. Good pick up by the Dogs and I bet it didn't cost them a nice new car. Oh that's right he doesn't have a wife to give one to!

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    When I saw it last week I thought it must be a mistake but apparently not.
    Something must be rotting at Uni. Good pick up by the Dogs and I bet it didn't cost them a nice new car. Oh that's right he doesn't have a wife to give one to!
    Talk to your club officials before you say "I bet it didn't cost them a nice new car".

You may be surprised how much the Force wanted for him. A pretty sum.

I am really a Palmyra troll.

Champion
    vCash
    As I said before I'm not aligned to any club. What do you mean what the Force wanted for him?

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    As I said before I'm not aligned to any club. What do you mean what the Force wanted for him?
    Ask the guys at Wanneroo.

As I said, you would have lost the bet.

I am really a Palmyra troll.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Road Safety Western Force U20s Go Down to QLD

By David Berrie on Sat 4th March 17

The Road Safety Western Force U20s have been defeated by the Queensland Reds U20s 46-15, in a hot Perth day at the Foreshore in Nedlands.

The Reds piled on six tries in a dominant display, which the Western Australians could not match, as the Queenslanders took the chocolates in a fast-paced match.

Both teams traded attacking phases early, but it was the Reds who struck first after an errand lineout from the Force led to a turn over try to winger Sam Edwards. A successful conversion pushed their lead to 7-0.

Australian Under 20s sensation Shambeckler Vui’s game was cut short after chasing down a dropped lineout, collecting a Reds’ players knee, and suffered a concussion.

The Reds struck again not five minutes later through speedy left wing Will Eadie, after the Queenslanders created numbers out wide and put the ball through the hands and scored an easy five-pointer. Nucifora slotted the conversion and extended the visiting team’s lead to 14-0.

The Reds pointed to the post after a scrum penalty in the 26th minute and Harry Nucifora made no mistake with the kick, taking their lead to 17-0.

The Reds weren’t done yet, with a strong rolling maul crashing over the line and hooker Efitusi Maafu scored his first of the game. Nucifora kept his kicking efficiency at 100% with another successful conversion, pushing the score out to 24-0.

The Queenslanders dug deep and managed to score just before half time after a strong run from openside flanker Liam Wright. Another successful conversion from scrumhalf Nucifora, taking the score to 31-0.

The Road Safety Western Force finally hit the scoreboard, after a strong scrum, receiving the penalty and Anthony Hondros slotted the kick giving his team a much-needed boost heading into the half time break, 31-3.

It didn’t take the Reds long to strike after the break, after hard running outside centre Dylan Riley sliced through the Force defence and scored under the posts. Nucifora had no troubles with the conversion, extending their lead to 38-3.

It took 56 minutes for the Force to get over the white paint and they did it in style, after a beautiful set piece play with Future Force Foundation inside centre Jordan Holgate running a superb line and dotting down under the posts. Hondras converted the try edging the score back to 38-10

After two yellow cards to the Queensland Reds scrumhalf and flyhalf, the Force made no mistake with the number advantage and big number 8 Brody Mackasill bulldozed his way over for the try. The conversion was unsuccessful, leaving the score at 38-15.

The Reds managed to force the ball into their own half with only 13 men and secure a penalty just outside the 22, and captain Liam Wright pointed to the posts. Alex Horan hit it perfectly and the Reds walked away with an important three points, 41-15.

The Reds regained their two yellow cards and pushed hard to score in the last two minutes of the game. Reserve second rower Angus Blyth crashed over and left the scoreline at 46-15.

https://www.westernforce.com.au/arti...0s-go-down-qld

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!