Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 2 Force v Reds 2017

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    I wonder if Hardwick's yellow was a square-up for not yellowing Meakes?
    Wouldn't have thought so. The TMO stated that Hooper was falling and that a penalty only was sufficient.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I actually think Hunt might come good this year.... but hopefully not against us.

Gotta feel a bit for Scoble. He looked really good last year, and I would've thought should be in the team over Tessman. But with Big Dog out, Tessan gets the captaincy so Scoble doesn't get into the 23.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Anaru Rangi is better than Scobie, and tackles like a demon.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    Anaru Rangi is better than Scobie, and tackles like a demon.
    But is too much like TPN for them both to be named.

I think Heath is doing OK, he certainly outplayed Tatafu on Saturday, that might have been that the Tahs knew how to shut TPN down, I guess we'll know by Friday morning.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    Message to Messrs Meakes, Stander, Koteka, Haylett-Petty (of both varieties) and Rona - run hard at Cooper when you have the ball, and run hard and smash Cooper when he has the ball.
    Gee, I dont know about that after the way he DEMOLISHED Sir Richie all those years ago.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash

vCash
    Most looking forward to seeing the great man George Smith in action!

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Force lock Adam Coleman is talking tough ahead of taking on the Reds

Christy Doran
    March 1, 2017 2:04pm,

THE Wallabies’ breakout forward, Adam Coleman, says the Force will need to outmuscle the Reds pack and watch their discipline if they are to break their dire home record in Perth on Thursday night (9.30pm Thursday AEDT).

The Force competed well in their opening round 19-13 loss to the Waratahs in Sydney but conceding 15 penalties proved crippling after they had led by four points at halftime.

With just a five day turnaround — and demanding cross-country travel — big lock Coleman said the Force needed to eradicate silly errors from their game.

“It was just individual skill error that hurt us last week, and we’ve got a tight turnaround this week so we need to rectify that,” Coleman told foxsports.com.au.

“There’s parts of that game where we relieved pressure very easily with some soft penalties and back-to-back errors, so that’s something we need to eradicate from our game quickly.”

It’s been 663 long days since the Force won in front of their home crowd — against the Waratahs in round 13, 2015.

The Force boast a good recent record against the Reds, winning five of their last eight encounters.

But they’ll confront a reinvigorated Queensland outfit on Thursday — and a forward pack that’s leading the way.

Wallaby Kane Douglas and flanker Adam Korczyk are fit and firing, while recruits George Smith and Scott Higginbotham have given the Reds a massive shot of experience and quality in the back-row.

“I think this game’s going to be won up front,” Coleman said.

“They’ve said they’re going to come and take it to us up front with their mauls and scrums and lineouts, so we’ll really look to take it to those guys up front.

“We’ve got some really good backs outside of us that can shred any team.

“We need to set a good platform for them to have quality ball, so they can do what they do best.”

Coleman, 25, holds the key to that.

The 2.04m, 122kg man mountain came of age in 2016 — so much so that by season’s end he was one of the first Wallabies picked by Michael Cheika.

Aggression is his hallmark, and after recovering from a knee injury suffered against Scotland last year, he will be all the better for last week’s run.

And, with the Force’s future still up in the air, Coleman said the side was determined to deliver in front of their loyal and long suffering fans.

“We could definitely get relegated (from Super Rugby),” Coleman said.

“But the boys want to make sure that we don’t, and the best thing we can do to ensure that is play good footy.

“I’m sure you’ll see an improved performance on Thursday night.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/fo...d4ff0eadd1fc20

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Fee bus from leaves one hour before kick off for each home game.

As Coach Wessells said, bring friend

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Will be watching from aussie bar soi 11 bangkok

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Fee bus from leaves one hour before kick off for each home game.

As Coach Wessells said, bring friend
    By "friend" does that include 'full pint of Guinness'?

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    A FRONT-ROW blow-up in Perth on Friday night is certain, or Reds skipper James Slipper has completely misread the incendiary make-up of long-time mate Ben Daley.

Daley’s surprise selection as a Western Force starting prop is a clear ploy aimed at rattling the Reds up front in what shapes as a terrific forwards battle.

Slipper and his packmates know exactly what is in store because Daley brought his feisty style to Reds training as much as he did to his 80 Super Rugby outings for Queensland.

“Combative is a good word for Dales. He’s an all-in type of player,” said Slipper, who debuted beside Daley in the Wallabies front-row in Perth in 2010.

“There’s not as many scraps at Reds training with him gone, that’s for sure. Personally, I’m pleased to see him back playing after all the injuries.

“He’ll go hard, try to give it to us and I’ll enjoy catching up with him after the game.”

In 2014, Daley and James Horwill faced off in a headgear-grabbing, verbal spat after a clash at Reds pre-season training which both appreciated as the perfect mood for the pack.

The Force have won five of the past eight games between the sides, which is a poor reflection on the Reds either being bullied up front or treating their opponents too lightly.

Coach Nick Stiles will not cop either tonight in a key local derby in which a win can begin to correct two woeful stats. The Reds were 0-6 in Aussie derby games last year and have been road kill with eight straight losses away from their cosy Suncorp Stadium home.

Stiles is tipping a sharp improvement from halfback Nick Frisby but he will have to weather torrid attention.

Stiles should know because he helped write the Force textbook on harassing Reds halfbacks when two upsets were sprung during his time in the west as forwards coach in 2011-13.

“They’ll be trying to tackle Fris late, hold him down, delay his arrival to the next ruck and make him their top target to disrupt our continuity,” Stiles said.

The Reds have plenty of room for improvement in their 2017 forward pack.

Flanker George Smith’s 20m pick-and-go run and flashes of support play against the Sharks last Friday night were only hints of the influence he can have.

Stiles has shown a willingness to back his “closers” from the bench, where Taniela Tupou, Andrew Ready, Sef Fa’agase Izack Rodda and Hendrik Tui have the grunt to sustain the march of the pack.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/selection-of-ben-daley-as-starting-prop-means-western-force-aiming-to-rattle-reds-up-front/news-story/9edfd7b9eeb4124a8b95b33dfb4d6801

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    A FRONT-ROW blow-up in Perth on Friday night is certain, or Reds skipper James Slipper has completely misread the incendiary make-up of long-time mate Ben Daley.
    http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/s...95b33dfb4d6801
    If there's a front row blow up on Friday it will have been a very very very long game.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post
    If there's a front row blow up on Friday it will have been a very very very long game.
    Or an old fashioned after game warm down.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Which top should I wear to tomorrow's game?

this one?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast