8. Scott Higginbotham
    7. George Smith
    6. Adam Korczyk
    5. Kane Douglas
    4. Rob Simmons
    3. Sam Talakai
    2. Stephen Moore
    1. James Slipper (c)

Reserves: Andrew Ready, Taniela Tupou, Sef Fa’agase, Izack Rodda, Hendrik Tui, James Tuttle, Jake McIntyre, Izaia Perese

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

vCash
    Very solid team. It will be a hard game.
    I think that we need to attack Cooper wherever he defends

vCash
    I think we have exactly the same task ahead of us as last week. The biggest threat is Cooper getting clean ball, so we need to upside frisky like wide did phipps.

Their set piece should be stronger, but I'd suspect a bit less mobile in the loose.

Win the contact, win the breakdown and survive the set piece we should be ok.

Reasonable to assume well be fitter than the granddads of Aussie rugby as well

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Amazing what team can do without Richard Graham

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Anyone heard about the ref Federico Anselmi? Where is this guy from? Also the Hoff on touch duties could be anything this game.

vCash
    Argentinian referee with very limited refereeing experience at Super Rugby level!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Road Safety Western Force Named for Clash with Reds

By David Berrie on Tue 28th February 17

The Road Safety Western Force have re-shuffled the starting forward pack but made no changes to the backline in their team to face the Queensland Reds at nib Stadium in Round Two of the Vodafone Super Rugby competition on Thursday, 2 March.

Head Coach Dave Wessels has brought young lock Matt Philip into the starting line-up and he will link with Wallaby big man Adam Coleman in the second row.

In other changes, Ross Haylett-Petty will move to blindside flanker and Brynard Stander will start at No. 8. New recruit Ben Daley will get his first start in the blue jersey at loosehead prop, making a straight swap with stalwart Pek Cowan.

Local products Curtis Rona and Chance Peni will make their long-awaited debuts in front of their home crowd as they line up at inside centre and right wing respectively.

Wessels says that the team will be looking to improve on last weekend’s performance and play some exciting rugby for the Sea of Blue.

“We felt that we were good in a number of areas of the game last Saturday, but we were disappointed that we didn’t win the game.

“So, what we’re looking to do this week, in hopefully better conditions, is be able to show more of what we’ve been working on from an attack perspective.

Wessels went on to say that all Rugby fans need to get down to this game and support Rugby in Western Australia.

“We’re very excited to play in front of our home crowd for the first time this season, and I think there’s a rallying call for West Australians, that if you love rugby and if you want to see Super Rugby continue in this state, whether you support the Force or not, you need to come on Thursday night.

“More than that, we’d like you to bring someone with you. It’s really important that we show through our numbers at this game that we want to keep professional rugby in Western Australia.”

The Road Safety Western Force kick off against the Queensland Reds at 6:30pm (AWST) on Thursday, 2 March at the ‘Force Field’ nib Stadium. Gates open at 5:30pm.

Road Safety Western Force Team
    1.Ben Daley
    2.Heath Tessmann (C)
    3.Jermaine Ainsley
    4.Matt Philip
    5.Adam Coleman
    6.Ross Haylett-Petty
    7.Kane Koteka
    8.Brynard Stander
    9.Ryan Louwrens
    10.Jono Lance
    11.Chance Peni
    12.Billy Meakes
    13.Curtis Rona
    14.Luke Morahan
    15.Dane Haylett-Petty

Reserves

16. Tatafu Polota-Nau
    17. Pek Cowan
    18. Tetera Faulkner
    19. Richard Hardwick
    20. Isi Naisarani
    21. Michael Ruru
    22. Ian Prior
    23. Alex Newsome

https://www.westernforce.com.au/arti...med-clash-reds

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Probably a decent idea to bolster our lineout given how it went last week.

Would've liked to see Luke Burton on the Bench, but other than that I like the look of the team. Hopefully we'll get to see what the back can do this week. Should be a good game!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-u...-ng-b88399409z

Western Force step into unchartered waters this week with just four days to prepare for Thursday night's clash with Queensland Reds at nib Stadium.

In the shortest ever Super Rugby turnaround between games, forced on the club by Justin Bieber's concert at the stadium next Monday, they need to learn how to stay focussed after letting the Waratahs claw their way back for a 19-13 win at Allianz Stadium last Saturday.

They led by four points at half-time but were pointless after the break as the highly fancied 'Tahs grafted their way back to win the first-round clash.

Coach Dave Wessels will make changes for the Reds but veteran flanker Matt Hodgson is only a slim chance of recovering from a hamstring tear suffered in the Global 10s competition.

Captain Ben McCalman will also be missing, not expected to return from thumb surgery until after the bye in round five.

"There will be some changes given the turn around time," Wessels said.
    "We are waiting for medical assessments to see who pulls up but we have planned for this and now it's about shifting focus.
    "The good thing is there were no serious injuries."
    Wessels offered no excuses for Saturday night's second-half drop-off, something that plagued the side last year.

"Yes it's a very young side but to be honest we've got to learn how to win," he said.
    "To brush it off in any way, to talk about bad luck, is not good enough.
    "There were things that we did in that game that we should know better.....when to kick, when to run.
    "We have to fix it. That's the simple message. You can't be frivolous about those things.
    "You expect your senior players in particular to take control of those situations, to make the right calls.
    "We let the pressure off too easily but I'm confident about the next game.
    "We are not talking about big things, we are talking about concentration.
    "The big thing coming into the Reds game is how quickly we can turn around and fix some of these things."

vCash
    How TF can a concert on Monday stop the main winter tennant from using NIB on Friday? I just can't fathom this one. The only saving grace is that it's early in the season so they might recover sufficiently, thanks to modern fitness regimes. Way back in the day the first few games were the sorest.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player
    vCash
    We've got a Wallaby front row sitting on the bench. I just worry that they will be brought on too late. The 60 min mark is too late. Bring 'em on after half time.

Slipper cannot scrummage. We know that. We need to target him.

Hardwick didn't do too much wrong, and even the tackle in the final minutes was not worth a yellow IMHO. Hopefully Stander runs and tackles himself to a standstill and Hardwick also gets a decent run.

I liked the look of Naisarani too, in the brief moments he had on the pitch.

vCash
    I wonder if Hardwick's yellow was a square-up for not yellowing Meakes?

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Ditto fixing the lineout- a bit sus about Tpn going against his old team last week. Maybe he should've started the 1st half instead of muffing the throws when we needed them. Plan A, B & C for the Reds seems to be "pass it to Kerevi", Frisby & Hunt are fluff balls

vCash
    Reds fans crowing that Hunt should've been MoM... didn't see it myself

Senior Player
    vCash
    Message to Messrs Meakes, Stander, Koteka, Haylett-Petty (of both varieties) and Rona - run hard at Cooper when you have the ball, and run hard and smash Cooper when he has the ball.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast