Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Round 2 Force v Reds 2017

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Tonight Meakes reminded me of Paddy Dellit.

He tried hard to get involved without actually doing a heck of a lot.
    Actually he was right up there in the tackle count, and ruck involvements.

I like him, he's smart and a little bit cheeky. Just has to watch his discipline...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Not sure on Peter but Burto is probably not ready to go until they return from NZ.

What a great night, haven't enjoyed a beer/s after game for a loooong time, voice is screwed, and the TAB is paying me for the half time draw

I thought the ref did a pretty good job despite a couple of howlers (the knock on and their 45 degree line out throw) and perhaps him not having any preconceived ideas about us keep us on level terms.

DHP was very good on the verbal with ref on a few occasions. As good as pour past Captain's have been, this is one department they have lacked.

Next home game is against The Kings, obviously a winnable game so here's hoping the crowd really gets up for that one because the Chiefs follow and we know the Bro's will turn up for that

Some great talent being unearthed, keep up the great work Force!

Did anyone notice Taps was listed at 13 in the program!
    I asked Burto last night when he would be back and he said next week :-))

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by choice View Post
    The commentators are shit, they can't even let us know the sub changes.
    What we also desperately need are stadium announcers who
    1) understand the game
    2) can pronounce players names, and
    3) announce the replacements and subs correctly.

And god I hate the siren ending the game....

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agrugger View Post
    Yes Meakes' drops were very frustrating, but I love what I see out of him. He is runs hard (and looks for an offload), tackles hard, rucks hard. He will be very good for us. Ruru played great last night with his energy and decisions; and especially that counter ruck. I was impressed at the lineout improvement (like most of us) but the strength of the scrum was a pleasant surprise.

If Adam is out, I would like to see RHP go back to lock with Phillip and maybe let Naisarani have more of a run. I was very impressed on his involvement in limited time.

When is McCalman back? We are missing a true ball carrying #8. I though Hardwick was better last week than Stander this week. Standar is a good #6.
    Last I heard, Benny Mac should be back for Round 5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    What we also desperately need are stadium announcers who
    1) understand the game
    2) can pronounce players names, and
    3) announce the replacements and subs correctly.

And god I hate the siren ending the game....
    And 4) sounds much more excited!

vCash
    Bloody Oath!

Really need someone new in there. I know we don't need any assistance in getting up when we're in the fight, but, it could really be an advantage to have someone whip us up in to a frenzy.

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    Bloody Oath!

Really need someone new in there. I know we don't need any assistance in getting up when we're in the fight, but, it could really be an advantage to have someone whip us up in to a frenzy.
    Maybe get Cédric Abellon across here for a few games. He is Mr Pilou Pilou for Toulon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUx4-pO-18A

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    Actually he was right up there in the tackle count, and ruck involvements.

I like him, he's smart and a little bit cheeky. Just has to watch his discipline...
    Meakes is one of my favourites this season (and Ruru) They've been terrific in the NRC at every game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by #10 View Post
    Maybe get Cédric Abellon across here for a few games. He is Mr Pilou Pilou for Toulon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUx4-pO-18A
    Yes! Luv that at the French games!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Haven't checked the rest of the stats but I like Billy Meake's involvement around the area where the ball is.
    He's not afraid to get involved wherever the team needs him no matter how big the opposition.
    I agree, but he needs to get a spray of that sticky shit on his hands at each break.

Held onto the ball like it was a live hand grenade

C'mon the

vCash
    The man not mentioned so far (whI think deserves a big wrap) is Ian Prior.

When Jono left the field, I thought we were in for the rodgering of a lifetime, however Ian (or maybe the blokes around him) made it have virtually no impact.

Even more so, the kicking for post improved (not a lot, but it improved)

Up until last night I would have said we have nobody to cover Jono if he's injured. I think I might have been wrong in that respect.

The same can be said for Matty Philip and RHP, who wouldn't have been placed in the same postcode as Adam Coleman, however I thought the defensive lineout got better after Adam limped off.

I'm not saying I want either of the injured players to take their time coming back, we need them both fit, but I'm not as terrified of the games we will endure without them.

As for Back Row? How do we return our Captain and our spiritual leader when the things that backrowers are responsible for are being done so well by their replacements. Hardwick and Koteka in particulare look like they're on track for breakout seasons and Stander was solid if not spectacular. With Nasairani, McCalman, Hogson and long term Cotterell in the mix, even with injuries somebody awesome is going to wear a suit every week!

Great problems to have, now we just need Bill Meakes to hold the footy in contact.

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Thought Kano and Dickie were again very good against much bigger players. You wouldn't have thought the legendary George Smith would have got done up as easy as he was, just wasn't in it.

It was the younger no name brigade that got us through last night. Won't mention names but a few of the established stars were bloody ordinary, poor option taking and even worse execution,wouldn't mind seeing a bit more of Alex Newsome.

I generally try not to comment on the refereeing but because we won I figure I'm entitled to say what I think and that bloke didn't just have a bad game he was fucken atrocious and was so far out of his depth it wasn't funny. Where do they find these guy's.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    As for Back Row? How do we return our Captain and our spiritual leader when the things that backrowers are responsible for are being done so well by their replacements. Hardwick and Koteka in particulare look like they're on track for breakout seasons and Stander was solid if not spectacular. With Nasairani, McCalman, Hogson and long term Cotterell in the mix, even with injuries somebody awesome is going to wear a suit every week!
    Worked last night so I haven't had a chance to see the game yet - but this situation is where having the 2 captains comes in handy. Especially with it being more important for the organisation that we win games, there is a little more flexibility in who starts this season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    I generally try not to comment on the refereeing but because we won I figure I'm entitled to say what I think and that bloke didn't just have a bad game he was fucken atrocious and was so far out of his depth it wasn't funny. Where do they find these guy's.
    He's an Argentinian, Federico_Anselmi, who is only 34 and more used to reffing Sevens. He has been an assistant ref for Super Rugby last year, and reffed some games at junior and U20 level, so this might have been his first match in charge of 30 professional players. But everyone has to start somewhere, and judging on last season's standings, a Force-Reds game is about as low-key a match as you can give to a new ref.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast