Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 2 Force v Reds 2017

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post
    Rugby Heaven headline. So instead of reporting something postive about the Force they focus on a negative that detracts from the Force performance. What Wankers!! This headline could of been "Force March On" Instead we get "Nabuli's hat-trick not enough for Queensland Reds against Western Force". Well fuck me if only Nabuli could of scored 4.

"Force fight back for gutsy win"..no just way too positive.
    Don't think that attitude will ever change. Not while according to Fox every player who plays for the Force has happened to play for another team, or born somewhere else, yet they very rarely mentioned Nabuli or Thors international heritage.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Tonight Meakes reminded me of Paddy Dellit.

He tried hard to get involved without actually doing a heck of a lot.
    Haven't checked the rest of the stats but I like Billy Meake's involvement around the area where the ball is.
    He's not afraid to get involved wherever the team needs him no matter how big the opposition.
    When the numbers are finalised I'd expect him to be close to the top for the Force for Tackles.

Billy had the 3rd highest Ruck Involvements for the Force:

Kane Koteka - 78 mins - 27 Total (18 Attack/9 Defence)
    Ross Haylett Petty - 80 mins - 23 Total (14A/9D)
    Billy Meakes - 80 mins - 19 Total (11A/8D)
    Richie Hardwick - 45 mins - 18 Total (11A/7D)
    Heath Tessman - 60 mins - 18 Total (13A/5D)
    Matt Philip - 80 mins - 17 Total (14A/3D)
    Brynard Stander - 64 mins - 15 Total (9A/6D)
    Jermaine Ainsley - 50 mins - 11 Total (8A/3D)

The Force will be all the better for Backs who get involved in Rucks.
    Clearly the instruction is get involved if you are closest to the action.
    Michael Ruru's ruck involvements in the dying stages were telling in killing the Reds' momentum.

Meakes had a lot of handling errors (by my count at least 8).
    But he also carries the ball through traffic and makes m in close.
    Will be interesting to see how he adjusts to the pace of SR re his offence.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Right from the start the WF looked the better team and I had called the win at 7.00pm.
    Couple of things I noticed, ex league backs need to be more switched on in defence. You don't stop just because the opposition has got behind you. Lance gives nothing and should have been pulled halfway through the 1st half. Our attack is much better when DHP runs the ball back.
    The commentators are shit, they can't even let us know the sub changes.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    What's with Fox Sports monitoring Wessel's heart rate - second time last night. Good on him for being a good sport but I can't help feeling it's condescending.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    What's with Fox Sports monitoring Wessel's heart rate - second time last night. Good on him for being a good sport but I can't help feeling it's condescending.
    It's rubbish TV too! Coach gets worked up; heart rate goes through the roof - yeah, and?!! Stupid gimmick.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post
    Rugby Heaven headline. So instead of reporting something postive about the Force they focus on a negative that detracts from the Force performance. What Wankers!! This headline could of been "Force March On" Instead we get "Nabuli's hat-trick not enough for Queensland Reds against Western Force". Well fuck me if only Nabuli could of scored 4.

"Force fight back for gutsy win"..no just way too positive.
    Sh!t that's poor.

On Nabuli - First time I've seen him play, is this guy the real deal? Certainly looks the goods.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Actually, a funny thing happened on the way home from the Rugby tonight - I saw a bloke in a Neddies polo shirt on the train (no that's not the funny part)..going to Midland.. wtf? I asked him - politely of course - if he knew where he was going and he said yes..
    Maybe he's one of those aspirational consumers we hear about all the time.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    I have the commentary turned off in the sportsears....but what did his heart rate go up to? Particularly in those last 10 seconds of the game?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    Woohoo! I'd almost forgotten what that felt like.

New recruits looked great - I can see Chance Peni becoming a favourite with his revving up of the crowd during the game.
    Different feeling to have the ball go all the way to the wing, and think "might get something out of this".
    Different feeling to not be behind, or one point in front and defending on your line for the last 20 odd minutes.
    Early days yet, but last season a lack of straight running was a major issue, and last week the lineout was dire - good to see both addressed in the first minute of the game.

Champion
    vCash
    Jono Lance has rib damage according to medical staff, which leads onto my question Peter Grant when is he due back ?

Again watching on TV there was still alot of school boy errors and dropped balls, hope we can improve AGAIN and give the Brumbies a shake in Canberra on Friday night - Trying to get there we'll see how my travel plans and wallet is hold up !!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    I have the commentary turned off in the sportsears....but what did his heart rate go up to? Particularly in those last 10 seconds of the game?
    They only showed it once IIRC - 90 bpm during an intense period of play - higher than last week but not too bad!

Fox Team - how about monitoring stroppy Bernie on Saturday.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Attendance figure was a smidge over 7000. Not at all bad for a game at 6.30pm on a Thursday I don't think.
    FFS ARU and SANZAAR, kick-off at 18h30 on a Thursday evening? Some of us have businesses to run and time zone differences to observe (e.g. with Africa) so how the heck do you expect us to be able to attend a game which starts late afternoon on a Thursday weekday?

Oh silly me. I forgot that 2017 is "Piss in the Face of Force Members" year!

vCash
    A gutsy win, lots of handling errors due to the slippery pill, but who cares... We won!..

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    Jono Lance has rib damage according to medical staff, which leads onto my question Peter Grant when is he due back ?
    Not sure on Peter but Burto is probably not ready to go until they return from NZ.

What a great night, haven't enjoyed a beer/s after game for a loooong time, voice is screwed, and the TAB is paying me for the half time draw

I thought the ref did a pretty good job despite a couple of howlers (the knock on and their 45 degree line out throw) and perhaps him not having any preconceived ideas about us keep us on level terms.

DHP was very good on the verbal with ref on a few occasions. As good as pour past Captain's have been, this is one department they have lacked.

Next home game is against The Kings, obviously a winnable game so here's hoping the crowd really gets up for that one because the Chiefs follow and we know the Bro's will turn up for that

Some great talent being unearthed, keep up the great work Force!

Did anyone notice Taps was listed at 13 in the program!

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    FFS ARU and SANZAAR, kick-off at 18h30 on a Thursday evening? Some of us have businesses to run and time zone differences to observe (e.g. with Africa) so how the heck do you expect us to be able to attend a game which starts late afternoon on a Thursday weekday?

Oh silly me. I forgot that 2017 is "Piss in the Face of Force Members" year!
    Apparently some Canadian druggie man-boy is calling the shots this week.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast