Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sitting down and having a chat......

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Really Appreciate the support. Just remember I am just telling it as it is. The work you guys do and the cohesive link we have with Community will not only see us through and succeed, but from Hodgo's mouth " mate when this is over, we are going to be sooooo strong"
    Hans,stunning work there mate. You have missed your calling. I've got you those Nicaraguan Cigars. Home soon to help.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Interesting titbit posted on GAGR by NTT:
    Guess who has taken on another gig now.

Whitecoat to take him away?

Former NAB chief Cameron Clyne to chair Whitecoat

April 27 2017
    SMH: Clancy Yeates

Former National Australia Bank chief Cameron Clyne is returning to the business world as chair of health insurer-backed website Whitecoat, as it seeks to bring greater competition and transparency to the health care sector.

In his first post-NAB board role outside the not-for-profit sector and the Australian Rugby Union, Mr Clyne will lead the inaugural board of a start-up that aims to be "TripAdvisor for health care".

… "I've always been very interested in competition, and certainly when I was involved in banking that's something I tried to drive as much as possible," Mr Clyne said in an interview with BusinessDay. …

http://www.smh.com.au/business/bank....26-gvsvbs.html

It's time to take on more opportunities with everything going swimmingly and under control at the ARU.

Either that or he is about to cut and run again.

After presiding over NABs failed UK expansion and now being at the helm of the ARUs bumbling, im surprised anyone would hire Clyne, especially to take on the Healthcare industry where big pharmaceutical companies rule the landscape and self diagnosising over the Internet is generally frowned upon.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Far out.... what the hell on earth are these guys thinking giving this crook another job.....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Just to clarify Jules,

Hansie said that they hadn't heard from the ARU and what they've heard from their lawyers has been adversarial.

so the ARU are trying to let their lawy

I'm not sure about the legal profession, but i would think that leading with a threat is likely to be the action of somebody who is either so confident that they have a watertight case that they don't need to settle or somebody who understands that they are so far from having any kind of a case that they want to bluff the other guy into settling.

Would that be right?

I guess a third option would be they have no freaking idea whether they have a case and they're just being belligerent out of habit.
    Thanks for that! I'm so sad about the disrespect to the club, the fans, the players everyone associated with rugby in this state. 😳

vCash
    "as it seeks to bring greater competition and transparency to the health care sector."

He knows how to destroy competition! Just remove it!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    ....Mr Clyne will lead the inaugural board of a start-up that aims to be "TripAdvisor for health care"....
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Last edited by sittingbison; 28-04-17 at 14:11.
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Alternate title rejected by the editor

Clyne runs for the hills after killing rugby in Australia.

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    Hans,stunning work there mate. You have missed your calling. I've got you those Nicaraguan Cigars. Home soon to help.
    To Hansie, General and all other Rugby WA people who read these posts.

Please accept our admiration and our appreciation for all the hard work and effort which you are putting into saving the Western Force.

I think everyone on this forum appreciates what a high stakes game this is, as you take the fight up to the ARU.

If we lose the Western Force, then we will lose more than 6-8 high grade rugby matches each year in Perth and the opportunity to be members of a particularly committed rugby tribe.

The symbolism of the ARU culling the Force will be undeniably powerful.
    It will be a manifest signal to the rugby community in WA that it is not a part of the Australian rugby community.

As one east coast journalist stated in early April, "If the ARU ... choose to cut the Western Force, rugby union is dead in Western Australia. This is the nuclear option. Nothing will ever grow there again, in rugby terms. It will become a wasteland."

Unfortunately, a row for Symbolism cannot be added to the ARU's spread-sheet!

Once again,
    Thank you,
    Baie dankie,
    Trevor

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    hear hear...well said FingerTips.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Alternate title rejected by the editor

Clyne runs for the hills after killing rugby in Australia.
    Is it written somewhere that these blokes can't have two jobs at the same time?

and who said a bachelor arts won't get you anywhere? Why you too could become chairman of the ARU with those sorts of qualifications.

vCash
    I think someone should have a quiet word in the ear of the boss of Whitecoat just so they know what they've REALLY employed. Honestly these guys have hides like rhinos, I don't even know how they can lie straight in bed at night!

vCash
    From the Whitecoat website

Former NAb CEO named chairman

Australia’s most comprehensive online healthcare provider directory and patient review site, Whitecoat, has announced the appointment of former head of National Australia Bank, Cameron Clyne, as their inaugural Chairman.

Clyne is one of Australia’s most respected business leaders, and has joined Australia’s breakthrough digital healthcare start-up this month. Clyne served as CEO of the National Australia Bank from 2009 until 2014 – guiding the bank through the most difficult years of the global financial crisis.*

Announcing Clyne’s appointment, Whitecoat CEO Matthew Donnellan says “Cameron Clyne’s experience and passion for improving the transparency and decision-making of every day Australians is invaluable to Whitecoat and this will have a significant impact on the healthcare journey of millions of Australians.”

Transparency and decision making improvements!!!!!!

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    From the Whitecoat presser I can clearly see that somebody is avoiding even mentioning his ARU directorship. I would assume that he is the one who removed it from his CV, preferring to make it look like he did nothing for three years.

Probably the smartest move he's made in the last 12 months.

C'mon the

vCash
    Bring it on!!! Alan Jones rallying cry on his interview on 882 6 PR, getting behind the Force

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    We'll clean them out! Bring it on!
    Loved that interview.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast