Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sitting down and having a chat......

Champion
    vCash
    Sorry will make sure to listen tmr 😳

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    A couple of thing Hansie might be able to highlight or get Jones to ask the ARU is..

1) the mysterious $28m - exactly who and when did this go to?

2) The "cost" of the Force. The ARU have highlighted a line in the Annual Accounts for paying the Force player in 2016 - but now they are the "owners" of the Force, do they not now receive the income eg Memberships, Sponsorship, Broadcast Income? Where is this in the accounts?

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Good chat. Interesting to hear that the ARU are only speaking on a legal basis to the Force now. Alan Jones saying that the Force are integral to Australian Rugby is going to be a very powerful force over the coming months to continue the support of the rugby community and any potential legal battle we go through.

It seems from that discussion, that other than a u-turn from the ARU this is going to be dragged through the courts.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Champion
    vCash
    They haven't heard from the ARU. The incompetence just leaves me speechless!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Good job Hansie, well done.
    Great that a high profile radio jock is on our side with this.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Really Appreciate the support. Just remember I am just telling it as it is. The work you guys do and the cohesive link we have with Community will not only see us through and succeed, but from Hodgo's mouth " mate when this is over, we are going to be sooooo strong"

9 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    ARU are STILL playing the bully boy, trying to bully the Force out. Being hard nosed pricks seems their only strategy, however it all seems to be backfiring at a rapid rate. Would love to hear more from Hans on radio & media.

vCash
    I wonder when Clyne will next be on his show, last time he said he would accept any invitation to come back.
    He will get absolutely grilled again if he accepts another invitation by Alan Jones....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    A couple of thing Hansie might be able to highlight or get Jones to ask the ARU is..

1) the mysterious $28m - exactly who and when did this go to?

2) The "cost" of the Force. The ARU have highlighted a line in the Annual Accounts for paying the Force player in 2016 - but now they are the "owners" of the Force, do they not now receive the income eg Memberships, Sponsorship, Broadcast Income? Where is this in the accounts?
    This ^^^^^

Gerry has nailed the core issue, and source of constant lies, disingenuity and innuendo.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Champion
    vCash
    Hallo Everyone, Please let everyone know that at 3:05pm today, Alan Jones is being interviewed on 6PR. UMMM to say he's fired up would be an understatement.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Hallo Everyone, Please let everyone know that at 3:05pm today, Alan Jones is being interviewed on 6PR. UMMM to say he's fired up would be an understatement.
    As highlighted by others.

One of the critical aspects which should be uncovered at Alan Jones' level is the breakdown of the $28M which the ARU has publicly stated has been lost in rescuing Aussie SR franchises.

The public really needs to see an "official" (or even unofficial from a reliable source) breakdown of this $28M which shows where it has gone and how little of it has been directed towards the Western Force.

From the timing of events it now appears that the ARU was talking about dropping the Western Force from Super Rugby only days after finalising the Alliance Agreement. For ARU Board Members to be unaware of the contents of the Alliance Agreement is unacceptable. SANZAAR didn't need to know about the contents of the Alliance Agreement as the ARU had a power of veto. The ARU chose to act in the manner that they did in moving to dump the Western Force.

Whether an Alliance or Joint Venture the ARU had a fiduciary duty to always act in the interest of both parties to this agreement.

Fiduciary duties represent the highest standard of care. Any actions which are outside of this framework will readily be considered as unconscionable conduct. Australian law has a long history of dealing strongly with those who breach their fiduciary duties.
    It's no wonder that the ARU Board have gone quiet as all but one voted to dump the Force.

BE STRONG. WALK TALL. GO THE FORCE.

9 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I just phoned the 6PR drive producer Re the Alan Jones interview this avo to try and get the 28 million bail out scrutinised. Unfortunately the interview was prerecorded this morning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    They haven't heard from the ARU. The incompetence just leaves me speechless!
    Just to clarify Jules,

Hansie said that they hadn't heard from the ARU and what they've heard from their lawyers has been adversarial.

so the ARU are trying to let their lawyers do the talking, and the lawyers are making threats.

I'm not sure about the legal profession, but i would think that leading with a threat is likely to be the action of somebody who is either so confident that they have a watertight case that they don't need to settle or somebody who understands that they are so far from having any kind of a case that they want to bluff the other guy into settling.

Would that be right?

I guess a third option would be they have no freaking idea whether they have a case and they're just being belligerent out of habit.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I'm not sure about the legal profession, but i would think that leading with a threat is likely to be the action of somebody who is either so confident that they have a watertight case that they don't need to settle or somebody who understands that they are so far from having any kind of a case that they want to bluff the other guy into settling.

Would that be right?
    No, that is just the normal 'lead with the fist' bullshit you get from lawyers.
    If you told a lawyer the sky was blue not only would they argue about it, they'd threaten to kick you in the nuts if you didn't agree with them.

I sunk to new levels by listening to the bigot extreme Alan Jones.
    I'm not one to believe that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" as I'm sure Alan has his own reasons for sticking the boot into the ARU but even a broken clock is right twice a day and while he's using his size 5's to stomp this particular group of people I'll cheer from the sidelines.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast