Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Force vs Tahs round 1 2017

Champion
    vCash
    Don't get me wrong I hate a loss like everyone else .... But I think this will be an improvement year. The ref/umpire had the Waratahs blue glasses on with some questionable calls but inconsistent from both sides of the whistle... Ruined potentially a good night of ruggers.

Some new faces (4 of em) to super rugby and some transfers from other clubs held there weight .... I'm chuffed how we performed and upwards and outwards for the reds in the quick 4 day turn around and AFL have a whinge when there having a 6 day break .

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Proud of the boys. The defence was brilliant and a sign of the team playing for each.

Great base to build on.

Kept Isi and Semoni in check.

Big wraps for our back row and Louwrence

Meakes looks a great buy and Rona and him will make a formidable pairing once they get games under their belt

This will be a decent year for us

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Bit messy, but early days yet. If they can cut down the errors, should be able to develop into the season.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    didn:t know much about the new boys so was hoping just to keep in touch with the cream of aussie rugby but at the end of day with alittle bit of luck we should of won that well done WESTERN FORCE hold your head up loved the agression and the big hits

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Bit messy, but early days yet. If they can cut down the errors, should be able to develop into the season.
    Didn't mind that at all, once they get used to each other, the play should improve, OK I'm onboard for another season.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I just wonder if I've been saying that every week for the last 11 years...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    Don't get me wrong I hate a loss like everyone else .... But I think this will be an improvement year. The ref/umpire had the Waratahs blue glasses on with some questionable calls but inconsistent from both sides of the whistle... Ruined potentially a good night of ruggers.

Some new faces (4 of em) to super rugby and some transfers from other clubs held there weight .... I'm chuffed how we performed and upwards and outwards for the reds in the quick 4 day turn around and AFL have a whinge when there having a 6 day break .
    Actually the correct term is referee, umpire is for that gay shit. A season of not whinging about the ref would make a pleasant change. Thought Meakes was very lucky not to get a card.
    Inaccuracy at the breakdown was the decider, body position was too high, needed to get under the pilferer, win the shoulder battle and you win the contest.
    Will get better and was a lot to like about the intent.

Last edited by westies man; 26-02-17 at 07:13.
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Red Carded
    vCash
    This may be Sevenmiles opinion but for the Force to go forward they need a little injection in the backline and this is no disrespect to the lads tonight who went well , and as much as it worries me , lets go for James and Kurtlie , with these boys in the back line look out .
    We all make mistakes lets give them a chance , two of the most talented Aussies around .

Regards Sevenmile

Player
    vCash
    A lot of those unforced errors can be put down to the weather, for both teams, it was slippery ad the rain came just enough to keep it slippery. I'm glad they kept going at it in terms of attack even with the mistakes. They didn't drop their heads and go defensive, tactical maybe and it didn't work but at least they kept pushing and hitting the line hard. Lots of good defense so that side of their game hasn't been lost. We aren't going to win the comp yet but we are going to keep teams on their toes.

And if we were playing the rebels tonight we would've won by at least 4 tries 😀

Player
    vCash
    Btw NSW should be ashamed of the turn out tonight. Even with the weather and having to play the Force the crowd should have been double.

Everyone has a weather app that can predict how not bad the rain would be.

FFS NIB has more atmosphere when the force are losing.

We were the lone people for 15 rows, southern side, dead centre of the posts. You don't get that much room at a force game.

vCash
    Really impressed with how they played- it was more the new attitude than anything, didn't get that hangdog look on their faces like before. Great defence and guess the conditions suited the Tahs usual style with those fortunate penalties for the Tahs the only diff. Some dumb/unlucky stuff ups & the lineouts with TPN cost them tries. Luke unlucky to not finish that run. Tahs looked really rattled the whole game IMO - was like the Sharks/Reds game where the better team lost, although the Force lost the plot a bit in the last 10-15 minutes. Still waiting to see the backline cutting loose! BTW What was Hoopers prob at Jono try?

vCash
    Bit harsh slogging the ref tonight Benny. I thought he did a great job.

Allowed common sense to rule on the makes tackle, but it's still likely to be cited, as far as the interpretation goes, it needs to be assessed whether it was "reckless"

I hope, for the sake of the game, that a clean out, where the body position was about 30mm too high and the defender was falling away doesn't see a suspension, because that would remove any chance of a contest, first person to touch the tabled player would be untouchable.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Really impressed with how they played- it was more the new attitude than anything, didn't get that hangdog look on their faces like before. Great defence and guess the conditions suited the Tahs usual style with those fortunate penalties for the Tahs the only diff. Some dumb/unlucky stuff ups & the lineouts with TPN cost them tries. Luke unlucky to not finish that run. Tahs looked really rattled the whole game IMO - was like the Sharks/Reds game where the better team lost, although the Force lost the plot a bit in the last 10-15 minutes. Still waiting to see the backline cutting loose! BTW What was Hoopers prob at Jono try?
    stander gave him a bit of a nudge with his shoulder on the way through to congratulate jono. Hooper took offence because he is a girl.

Champion
    vCash
    Hooper is not a girl, he is soft. Please don't use girl as a derogatory term

vCash
    How about Hooper is a blancmange is that better?

C'mon the

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast