Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Western Force vow to step up battle for their future

Senior Player
    vCash

Western Force vow to step up battle for their future

Western Force have vowed to step up the battle for their future after being left in limbo by the Australian Rugby Union who have refused to reveal plans for their five Super Rugby franchises.
    ARU Chairman Cameron Clyne would not disclose any details discussed at today's board meeting.
    He would only say there were a number of options that would be taken to next moth's meeting of SANZAAR, Super Rugby's governing body.
    "I am not going to get into specifics of the options because we don't know what our partners are necessarily doing...we are looking at what's the best interest of Australian rugby," Clyne said.
    "There are multiple options. It's not really a question of how many teams it's what is the future format."
    Force chief executive Mark Sinderberry said the uncertainty would make the club fight harder for survival.
    "It just means that here at the Western Force, with that uncertainty, we've got to keep on fighting," Sinderberry said.
    "It makes it clear that we've got to keep progressing. We have to look at influencing the issues that we can control."
    Clyne said he understood concerns about the uncertainty after the competition went under an independent review last year and came up with a number of options including axing sides.
    "No-one likes uncertainty. I fully understand there's a degree of opaqueness," Clyne said.
    "There are a number of challenges and we want to ensure it (Super Rugby) is sustainable.
    "We looked at all the options. We have to debate a whole series of options.
    "We agreed on a whole series of options depending what our joint venture partners decide.
    "We are looking for a model that gives us the best way to structure the competition going forward to maximise fan engagement and to ensure the tournament is financially viable.
    "We have a series of preferences. How those preferences play out will depend on our partners."
    The Force, Melbourne Rebels and Brumbies are all potentially at risk but the Force, now in a partnership with the ARU, have stabilised financially with a four year sponsorship worth $1.5 million a season with the state government Road Safety Commission.
    It is the largest single deal ever struck by an Australian Super Rugby franchise.
    They are also finalising the Own The Force campaign that should raise a further $5 million with the franchise becoming Australia's premier fan-owned club.
    They now need to get on-field results when their season kicks off on Saturday against the Waratahs in Sydney.
    https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-u...-ng-b88392591z

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Whoops sorry. Someone beat me to it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    They are also finalising the Own The Force campaign that should raise a further $5 million with the franchise becoming Australia's premier fan-owned club.
    They had better get a fucking move on or some of us may lose the ability to stump up the cash.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    They had better get a fucking move on or some of us may lose the ability to stump up the cash.
    Probably too late for me already.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    So what they are saying is 'so far so good Western Force but unless you can show us you are competitive on the field with one arm tied behind your back I'm afraid you're fired'? I don't know what more we can do. This has been a bloody horrible day and I'm at the point of throwing in the towel. I have nothing left to give, either financially or emotionally. Fighting against the tide is futile.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    With the continued failure of the bosses to counter the Spiros and GRobs in the media with some words of support, I'll need to have some form of guarantee that I'm not just giving the ARU and Foxtel a lazy grand to prop up their franchise (which is what The Force are now in reality) until the end of the broadcast deal. It's looking like we won't have to stump up before next month's SANZAR conflab, at least. Should they continue to avoid a decision there, that could be it for me.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Let's all take a deep breathe, nothing is different to what it was yesterday or the day before that. No decision has or was expected to be made today or before Sanzaar meets.

Let's continue to show the relisiance that we have since the end of last year and let's keep up the fight, this is not the time to lay down arms and roll over dead.

For the first time in a long time we are not being singled as the only potential victim, Brumbies and to a lesser extent the Rebels.

I believe and will continue to do so.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Let's all take a deep breathe, nothing is different to what it was 3 months ago when SANZAR delayed any decision and "Own the Force" was launched.
    Fixed

We are still in the dark re the share scheme.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Fixed

Yeah. Beginning to get a bit frustrated with that.
    But I think Alison was right when she mentioned that it was signed the day before the caretaker govt kicked in over there. So I'm assuming that the naming rights took priority in finalising because it was a guaranteed income stream. Where own the force is still only potential.

That's the way I'd prioritise anyway.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Fixed

Can only be legalities, it's not a raffle they are trying to set up

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Damn it, I wanted to win a chicken...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Damn it, I wanted to win a chicken...
    Meat tray > chicken

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Meat tray > chicken
    referring to the western force as a meat tray may have people questioning your sexual orientation there Jono

not that there's anything wrong with that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    A pissup in a brewery would be preferable.

vCash
    referring to the western force as a meat tray may have people questioning your sexual orientation there Jono

not that there's anything wrong with that
    question away.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast