Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: WA Rugby - The Future

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Plenty of bush lawyers here, I'm sure, who'd take up your commission, GIGS.

All you need is a good stock of peanuts to feed them.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    All reasons why it'll be interesting to see the response from RugbyWA to the complaint against cott. AS I said. Clubs can bullshit their way out of free kit and free fees, but the bus is blatant and (if it can be proven) it would seem that RugbyWA doing nothing about it would open the entire organisation up to an appeal to a higher authority.

If dsr don't do something about it, I would think that there's some form of contract, rule or regulation covering this that could see it go to the courts.

Perhaps there's a lawyer on here who might be looking for a pro-bono opportunity to shove it up cotts ass?
    Do you see now why the WF is in a position of demise even with new players and coaching regime
    With the exit of spirit players and the natural attrition of prem players and the development of the base falling away there isn't a good future for rugby as a whole in this state
    The shit running your force will undermine you as they have the good people of community rugby and it would be interesting to read the properganda in there prospectus as to there experience in running a rugby club and the future development of rugby in this state
    That's why it's taking so long to come out as they don't know what issue of the old mad comic to issue
    The fact that this has been going on for so long unchecked has created a culture of distain between the haves and have nots as the purple circle undermines the comp as a whole
    Why do you need a lawyer to deal with this
    This could have been dealt with in about 30 minutes but it takes weeks to cover the arse of a purple circle club

Red Carded
    vCash
    Alex Stajka the Western Force Academy Coach from Cottesloe, STOP poaching juniors from other clubs to Cottesloe with false promises.

Hunter I know your aware of this issue..........this is not going to go away! You are complicit by your in action in dealing with this.

I am a vigilante, I will expose the truth and I will be back with more.

vCash
    I think if RWA were concerned about poaching they would have stamped it out years ago.

I'm sure part of the reason some clubs are struggling is their own doing, but I can't see any evidence of RWA doing much to support clubs in this situation. Years ago when Wanneroo was promoted to Prems, RWA did everything in their power to ensure this didn't happen despite Wanneroo being in a much better position than ARKS, the team they were trying to displace. I never understood their rationale. RWA's priority should be the development of rugby in this state, allowing the Rockingham Colts to be poached by Cott (has this been confirmed or just a rumour?) is doing nothing for the sport. It demonstrates a poor example to impressionable kids and the end result will be most of the kids will lose interest and give up the sport. Traveling from Rockingham to Cott twice a week for training will get old real quick. You take a look at the U20s from last year, it was a joke, last round, 3 thrashings, 2 forfeits and 1 competitive game. RWA need to make this a competitive league, having a few very dominate teams is counter-productive, kids aren't going to hang around if they're losing by 80 points every week. RWA need to address that.

Last edited by zed; 09-03-17 at 09:46.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenmile View Post
    Why do you need a lawyer to deal with this
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    I think if RWA were concerned about poaching they would have stamped it out years ago.
    At the risk of being accused of dabbling in club posts, I think you need a lawyer to deal with this because RugbyWA (according to my only source of information) won't (see Zed's post) IMHO the bus thing is probably the biggest and most blatant thumbing of the nose out of all the poaching rumours that I've read over the years.

You can't cover it up by using all the regular lines which have enough gray that you can't push back when the administration don't act.

My suggestion about engaging a lawyer was purely about bringing some pressure to bear to force RugbyWA to follow their own rules. Nothing grinds my gears more than an organisation which essentially writes its own rules refusing to follow them. If the facts of this issue are as reported, I think it would be really easy to get the administration into hot water with a couple of photos of Colts players in Cottesloe training kit boarding a bus in front of the Rocko pub (pretty hard to explain that one away)

C'mon the

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Plenty of bush lawyers here, I'm sure, who'd take up your commission, GIGS.

All you need is a good stock of peanuts to feed them.
    Couldnt agree more Fulvio , bush lawyers come to think of it all lawyers / car-salesmen / insurance salesman / all tared with the same brush , they all will sell a dud all your ass to get what they want .

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Q. Why don't lawyers play hide n seek?

A. Because nobody would look for them

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Plenty of bush lawyers here, I'm sure, who'd take up your commission, GIGS. All you need is a good stock of peanuts to feed them.
    As a used car salesman, surely you have some contacts, would you mind sending a pm to the one who will work for wine?

C'mon the

Red Carded
    vCash
    Punisher you are like the alter ego of Westie man .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Q. Why don't lawyers play hide n seek?

A. Because nobody would look for them
    Oh, God! Don't get us started

What is the difference between a lawyer and a catfish?

One's a scum sucking bottom dweller, the other is a fish.

C'mon the

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Punisher, you are a breath of fresh air on twf. Welcome. Apologies you will have to put up with so many plonkers.

Consider yourself added to my list of approved posters on the "Dribble with Darkness" thread.

I am really a Palmyra troll.

vCash

Rocky Boys on the move

Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post

I'm sure part of the reason some clubs are struggling is their own doing, but I can't see any evidence of RWA doing much to support clubs in this situation. Years ago when Wanneroo was promoted to Prems, RWA did everything in their power to ensure this didn't happen despite Wanneroo being in a much better position than ARKS, the team they were trying to displace. I never understood their rationale. RWA's priority should be the development of rugby in this state, allowing the Rockingham Colts to be poached by Cott (has this been confirmed or just a rumour?) is doing nothing for the sport. It demonstrates a poor example to impressionable kids and the end result will be most of the kids will lose interest and give up the sport. Traveling from Rockingham to Cott twice a week for training will get old real quick. You take a look at the U20s from last year, it was a joke, last round, 3 thrashings, 2 forfeits and 1 competitive game. RWA need to make this a competitive league, having a few very dominate teams is counter-productive, kids aren't going to hang around if they're losing by 80 points every week. RWA need to address that.

Approaches have been made, people within the Rocky Club promoting the move as "there is no pathway for these players at Rockingham" Never going to be, if these repeat offender Clubs continue to rape and pillage lowly Clubs to get anyone who shows a bit of promise. Seen it all before, and I think you will find most who choose to go, will drop out of rugby fairly quickly. Sadly, although this sort of thing has never been condoned by RWA, they have never had the guts, or ability to control it. Rugby in this State hasn't changed a bit in 30 years I have been involved. Having said that, if these players do not want to be part of the Club, they never were part of it. Good riddance, the Club will be a better place without them.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Bunch of mercenaries with no morals - should fit in quite nicely down at Cott.

Prediction: they won't be playing rugby next year and cotts colts won't last this season.

I am really a Palmyra troll.

Champion
    vCash
    No he's not, people like myself don't hide behind a keyboard, the point you try to get across only has credibility if your identity is known otherwise you are seen as a spineless cretin with fuck all moral fibre.
    Actually that sort of describes a few people here.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    If the facts of this issue are as reported, I think it would be really easy to get the administration into hot water with a couple of photos of Colts players in Cottesloe training kit boarding a bus in front of the Rocko pub (pretty hard to explain that one away)
    Picture this, a shiny new coaster bus with Gulls logo pulls up outside a Rocko pub playing the Cott team song 'We're Blue because We're blue because We're Blue repeated a nauseating 58 times as the poached stealthily sneak aboard resplendent in all their new kit quietly sipping away on Gin and Tonic's .

The Emu Export fuelled Rocko bogans staggering around the joint aren't going to let that happen without having some fun.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast