Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: WA Rugby - The Future

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenmile View Post
    That's the old furfy blame the club what a load of shit it's these clubs that have developed nothing and prey on clubs that can't offer much other than the effort there volunteers and coaches have put in to get them to a level that makes there club competitive then the purple circle and rugby wa arrive and promise spots in the Force 20s to a few and then there mates follow it's been going on in Perth before the New Testament was written
    There will be only 5 clubs left soon and then they will be all happy
    Good Sevenmile, constructive.

If you had the capacity to process, before dribbling shit id give you some credence. However, you are who you are, you are needed, for it is you who reminds us what we are trying to weed out of the game in WA. (for that reason alone i image you are still a member as you add very little).
    What my point was, seems lost on you. Yes the "golden clubs" will always prey on talent, why wouldn't you? in business you bring the best talent in, as in sport. If not there would be no complaint about the equity of the sports playing field. its not a new issue, and it does not make it right or wrong.

No. Loyalty is not a Gen y trait, we must do better to appeal to them.
    What i want to know is why would the colts TEAM want to leave?
    It is a fair distance and a commitment for those players who are are the minority, most of the lads i imagine are solid players who just enjoy the game. But yes there is the opportunity to get in front of coaches who are involved at the next level in our great game, to train with NRC and Force fringe players (have you never looked for an opportunity to find promotion in your chosen career?).

Rocky is a fantastic club, which unfortunately does not currently sit in the premier grade comp. I have recently heard it said that u20 players with ambitions to make the next level must play premier grade to have a chance, which in WA seems fair (it is not the Shute shield). So perhaps it was ambition, or perhaps they where not being supported? I dont know, that is why i asked the question as some one indicated they knew more. I thought that by understanding this we may be able to plan for it not to happen as often as it does.
    But thats alright mate, you continue with your self gratification and take pot shots without in-put worth a penny.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Give it up guy, your fighting a losing battle

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by That guy View Post
    Good Sevenmile, constructive.

If you had the capacity to process, before dribbling shit id give you some credence. However, you are who you are, you are needed, for it is you who reminds us what we are trying to weed out of the game in WA. (for that reason alone i image you are still a member as you add very little).
    What my point was, seems lost on you. Yes the "golden clubs" will always prey on talent, why wouldn't you? in business you bring the best talent in, as in sport. If not there would be no complaint about the equity of the sports playing field. its not a new issue, and it does not make it right or wrong.

No. Loyalty is not a Gen y trait, we must do better to appeal to them.
    What i want to know is why would the colts TEAM want to leave?
    It is a fair distance and a commitment for those players who are are the minority, most of the lads i imagine are solid players who just enjoy the game. But yes there is the opportunity to get in front of coaches who are involved at the next level in our great game, to train with NRC and Force fringe players (have you never looked for an opportunity to find promotion in your chosen career?).

Rocky is a fantastic club, which unfortunately does not currently sit in the premier grade comp. I have recently heard it said that u20 players with ambitions to make the next level must play premier grade to have a chance, which in WA seems fair (it is not the Shute shield). So perhaps it was ambition, or perhaps they where not being supported? I dont know, that is why i asked the question as some one indicated they knew more. I thought that by understanding this we may be able to plan for it not to happen as often as it does.
    But thats alright mate, you continue with your self gratification and take pot shots without in-put worth a penny.
    Critisisim is good in all forms
    There is no problem preying on premier grade talent ,but to undermine an already struggling system by approaching players that will never play premier grade is a low act
    How can a club with no junior club of note sit back and wait for the eggs to hatch before swooping in to pick up the last few chips on the ground apptley called seagulls
    It would be good to see how many of the players stay until the end of the season or even continue playing rugby after the seaside experience
    Last season there colts played a few games defaulted on numerous but still remained in the comp a team that never even existed but to make it look as if they did to placate RWA rules do you think we all walk around with our heads in chip bags
    If these kids are left alone those with ambition will travel and those not so talented may remain in the game
    There is a massive difference in those players and those that get left behind tend to disappear from the game totally
    there is no problem approaching a player from anywhere capable of playing prem grade but when as last year they fielded a team made up from who knows where for a couple of weeks and now where are all those players
    Let me know your thoughts between ambition and destruction TG

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by sevenmile; 27-02-17 at 15:32.

Player
    vCash
    There is no problem preying on premier grade talent ,but to undermine an already struggling system by approaching players that will never play premier grade is a low act
    How can a club with no junior club of note sit back and wait for the eggs to hatch before swooping in to pick up the last few chips on the ground apptley called seagulls
    It would be good to see how many of the players stay until the end of the season or even continue playing rugby after the seaside experience
    Last season there colts played a few games defaulted on numerous but still remained in the comp a team that never even existed but to make it look as if they did to placate RWA rules do you think we all walk around with our heads in chip bags
    If these kids are left alone those with ambition will travel and those not so talented may remain in the game
    There is a massive difference in those players and those that get left behind tend to disappear from the game totally
    there is no problem approaching a player from anywhere capable of playing prem grade but when as last year they fielded a team made up from who knows where for a couple of weeks and now where are all those players
    So true, many people over the years have raised this issue on this forum and it has been taken to Rugby WA to no avail.

The effect of this poaching of U/18 to U/20 year old good players from Championship Clubs is a major contribution to a large loss of players in those age groups.

I have seen it happen to many times at the 2 clubs I have been involved with. I no longer spend much time in the club scene other than going to watch the odd game too rarely mainly due to this. I feel some thing should be done about it but hold no hopes.

The main players in administration of the game in WA are not doing enough about tackling this problem which is only stunting the growth of the game in WA.

What their motives are for this ignorance would be interesting to know?

Rookie
    vCash
    Nice reply.

I think what you say is true, however, and i may be wrong, to take a whole side would take some doing.
    Agreed last years side Cott was seemingly not representative of a true born and bred colts side and those who know more than me would be able to shed light on why what was a relatively strong side at the beginning of the season capitulated. location in the golden triangle i can imagine does make recruiting difficult with the loss of players for 3 years to the PSA and churchlands aside not much rugby played elsewhere (small population and 4 strong clubs). I think if those with ambition sat back and reflected it would not be their intention to destroy anything but provide for a strong pathway to the senior club and use what leverage they have.
    We do however come back to the bigger issue of a huge player population without representation south of the river. With out this players will continue to move to the premier clubs and that will have a flow on effect. I am also conscious we are talking about young men, but they are adults and can make choices which can be held accountable, which is why is still ask the question, what presented itself to cause this (some of our Rocky members might be able to find a little more). i know many have gone to neddies in the past, Uni is full. Perhaps a silver lining is a stronger colts program as there will be and certainly is the depth down south to fill any number of sides. We have to get club rugby well represented in these areas again.

vCash
    At least there's (their, they're) some para breaks starting to happen. Just waiting on the full stops............😊😏

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Well said.

Player
    vCash
    As I recall RWA put out a Code of Conduct for clubs a year or two ago which dealt with a whole lot of stuff aimed at improving relations between clubs. Recruitment of Junior and Colts age players was one of the many issues covered by the Code. A club that has a complaint can take steps to have their complaint dealt with under that Code.
    This would involve a "natural justice" process eg producing an actual evidence based complaint and the opportunity to have that complaint found proven. My memory of it is bit vague, but as I recall it would involve having the matter dealt with by a panel of three club presidents not involved in the dispute. Much better than having perceived grievances, mud slinging and rumours floating around which never get dealt with. So if you know of a club with a complaint there is a proper process for them to access.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political BS View Post
    So if you know of a club with a complaint there is a proper process for them to access.
    That I didn't know! Does anybody know if a club has ever made use of such a facility?

C'mon the

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    That I didn't know!
    There's a lot you don't know. Suggest you back out of this club-related matter.

I am really a Palmyra troll.

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political BS View Post
    As I recall RWA put out a Code of Conduct for clubs a year or two ago which dealt with a whole lot of stuff aimed at improving relations between clubs. Recruitment of Junior and Colts age players was one of the many issues covered by the Code. A club that has a complaint can take steps to have their complaint dealt with under that Code.
    This would involve a "natural justice" process eg producing an actual evidence based complaint and the opportunity to have that complaint found proven. My memory of it is bit vague, but as I recall it would involve having the matter dealt with by a panel of three club presidents not involved in the dispute. Much better than having perceived grievances, mud slinging and rumours floating around which never get dealt with. So if you know of a club with a complaint there is a proper process for them to access.
    Dont come in here and patronize the hard workers of WA community rugby , stick to your purple circle . You need to change your name from Political Bull Shit to Political Piece of Shit .
    Go find out why the Rocky U 20s have gone to Cott , and tell me if there is any truth that a bus has been offered to these young men to get them up to training . Heard this down at Nedlands on Saturday , and it was not from the man formally known as Westieman who seems to have got over Wests and was wearing a Bintang supporter singlet instead of the Boar .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    There's a lot you don't know. Suggest you back out of this club-related matter.
    As much as you hate it SevenMile, I'm actually interested in club rugby, that's why I ask questions.

If you don't have an answer then that's fine, but at least admit that, in this instance, you're as qualified as me.

Does anybody actually know if a club has made an application for a club to be sanctioned under this code of conduct?

If so, what was the result?

Is the process effective, or is it a sham, designed to make an unfair system seem to be looking after the little guy and thereby remove scrutiny from the nefarious actions of the few?

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Ok the coach wasn't happy that his players were not going to get everything for free .Cott have supplied a bus ,fuel no fees and a full kit plus top up for coach (not 100% on details re coach ).
    About 10 players have gone so leaves Rocky with not enough to field a team looking at a possible Peel district combined team .
    Cott suck cock

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chertubler View Post
    Ok the coach wasn't happy that his players were not going to get everything for free .Cott have supplied a bus ,fuel no fees and a full kit plus top up for coach (not 100% on details re coach ).
    About 10 players have gone so leaves Rocky with not enough to field a team looking at a possible Peel district combined team .
    Cott suck cock
    Thank you for the info
    Why should a club have to make a complaint about this when a purple circle club can undermine a fellow community rugby club
    This is gone on for to long now and is the reason the game is going backwards
    Why don't we all sit down with the code of conduct and wipe our arses together maybe we will get somewhere

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    As much as you hate it SevenMile, I'm actually interested in club rugby, that's why I ask questions.

If you don't have an answer then that's fine, but at least admit that, in this instance, you're as qualified as me.

Does anybody actually know if a club has made an application for a club to be sanctioned under this code of conduct?

If so, what was the result?

Is the process effective, or is it a sham, designed to make an unfair system seem to be looking after the little guy and thereby remove scrutiny from the nefarious actions of the few?
    Well gigs you are more than welcome to comment without the sacasim or abuse from myself but please never put myself in the same category as yourself I have feelings and may come across as an arrogant person but I do this for the love of rugby
    I like yourself toss and turn at night watching good hard community rugby volunteers undermined lied to and mislead by a bunch of self indulgent pieces of shit
    I to feel left out of the inner circle gigs and hope one day to have lots of friends like you
    I am waiting for the day when I am accepted in the rugby community as one of its prodigal sons
    The way I am spoken to gigs leaves me dissolutioned with no where to go or no one to talk to
    People are to quick to judge me feeling down my grammar stats to fail my language falls to new lows
    There must be somewhere out there for me where I can feel part of society and have friends and a social life that I can only dream about one day I will be popular and feel happy again like you Gigs

This is a disclaimer
    No content from this post should be used by any institution or for any school work as you may end up like gigs

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast