Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: WA Rugby - The Future

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    your deliberate misspelling of the word"their" tries to give the impression to punters that you are a bogan.
    come on sevenmile,admit that you have even more academic qualifications than Bruce Hartley!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    I also believe it is the old school belief that all teams need to play at the same ground that is holding things back. Don't get me wrong I love playing a game of 3rd grade and then getting to drink beer and watch 2nd and 1st grade play but if they split teams up it will be easier to get a more equitable competition. If you look at local AFL comps they don't have all teams playing together.

Or maybe another option would be that all premier clubs have to upgrade their grounds to be able to host games under lights and then they could make the premier grade competition and reserves could all be played completely on Friday nights. I think that would be brilliant and would attract great crowds as something to do on a Friday night. A lot of lower grade players would come watch Friday night and then play there games on Saturday and doesn't matter where they play, home or away etc. Premier grade clubs would have to have a premier grade team and reserve grade team and everything below that doesn't matter if they have it or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I think, with small numbers and (apparently) limited quality, a better system would be a feeder system like is
    The first step to doing this is to wipe the slate entirely clean though (particularly at the top level) and redesign the whole thing. Perhaps 8 regions, Inner and Outer North South East and West, possibly named after a club that is central
    GOOD GOD man - are you saying Cott will have to share their facilities with someone like Rockinghamton. First we lose the election, and now we have to put up with this communistic treason. NO WAY - they'll be asking to use our bus next.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    This is what, I hope, my idea could eliminate. The 4th division could have clubs like Neddies 'D' & Soaks 'D', but also Rocky 'B', Joondalup 'C', Perth Irish & Ellenbrook 'A'. If the club from Ellenbrook gets better it can move up the ranks by promotion, rather than by having to have Premier, reserves, 2nd, 3rd & 4th sides just to be allowed to compete at a high enough level.
    Forgot the double d's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    GOOD GOD man - are you saying Cott will have to share their facilities with someone like Rockinghamton. First we lose the election, and now we have to put up with this communistic treason. NO WAY - they'll be asking to use our bus next.
    No, I'm saying Cott should give up everybody above 3rds to a centralised reps club that doesn't exist yet.

The only way the idea becomes anything other than the strong getting stronger is for the reps sides to be completely unrelated to any of the existing clubs.

Reps sides should also be banned from fielding sides in 3rds or lower, but are required to draw their player pool from their feeder clubs.

Asking the purple circle to give up prems status is both the reason it's a great idea and the reason it'll never fly in WA.

C'mon the

Red Carded
    vCash
    For rugby in WA to work its time to start amalgamating some clubs , like the NRL and AFL had to years ago where certain clubs weren't pulling there weight and had to either move on all they would not survive To many clubs in one corridor that have FUCK all juniors and continually poach players from the outer clubs after they spend there unpaid time bringing them thru the ranks . Wests jumped the gun and moved before they were pushed all had the same problem now its time for at least two if not three of the other chardonnay clubs to move and amalgamate with likes of Arks / Rocky/ and Baysie . Grow some BALLS Rugby WA and do something for the good for the game , and dont turn a blind eye to these issues , if you have the time to PRIVATE MESSAGE Sevenmile continuously use that time to fix the problem And to the two board members of RWA who have contacted me I will work with you as requested but only for the development of the game .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    Forgot the double d's
    Are you talking about women's rugby or the 5ths front row?

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    [QUOTE=Kev;424446]
    Quote Originally Posted by yungfen View Post
    They will say that they need all of their teams to play at the same venue....
    QUOTE]

Which is a very valid point, as so many clubs are dependent on home games' income where everyone can hang about to the final game of their first team ... it's also the biggest reason why the junior set up is fundamentally flawed; Britannia Oval, seriously still happening?
    Albeit a little off topic.
    Britannia goes in 2018 .. City of Leederville is redeveloping so juniors are missing a home

I'm pretending not to be affiliated to any club so shhhh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Cannon View Post

Britannia goes in 2018 .. City of Leederville is redeveloping so juniors are missing a home
    Interesting, who thinks it will be replaced by the same exact thing at a different venue?

C'mon the

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Interesting, who thinks it will be replaced by the same exact thing at a different venue?
    Where would be big enough? Lark Hill and UWA would be the only two places I can think of.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugaree View Post
    Where would be big enough? Lark Hill and UWA would be the only two places I can think of.
    Brace yourself sheilas for Home and Away.

I am really a Palmyra troll.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Brace yourself sheilas for Home and Away.
    Home and away would be fine too. Britannia however is one of the best setups I have experienced for youths rugby

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Home and away would be fine too. Britannia however is one of the best setups I have experienced for youths rugby
    Finding a local council that has that acreage available and willing to give it up to rugby (soccer maybe) for use by punters from across the metro area would be a challenge I suspect. With perths increasingly dense population public open space is becoming difficult for councils to supply, even for their own rate payers.

I am really a Palmyra troll.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Finding a local council that has that acreage available and willing to give it up to rugby (soccer maybe) for use by punters from across the metro area would be a challenge I suspect. With perths increasingly dense population public open space is becoming difficult for councils to supply, even for their own rate payers.
    I wonder do all rugby clubs have sole use of their facilities on Saturdays or are some spaces in other use in the mornings?

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    I wonder do all rugby clubs have sole use of their facilities on Saturdays or are some spaces in other use in the mornings?
    Most if not all would be available to the respective rugby clubs each Saturday morning.

The issue is the mismatch between clubs of numbers of Junior teams and numbers of grounds. A real square peg in a round hole dilemma.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast