Thread: sanzaar-need-lift-game-super-rugby-schedule

vCash

sanzaar-need-lift-game-super-rugby-schedule

http://www.theroar.com.au/2017/02/21...ugby-schedule/

David Lord supporting the Force on The Roar
    an interesting article for a lot of reasons.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    But he failed to call Spiro a dick, so the article left me wanting more

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    We've been shafted once again by the draw. But this will not be an issue until SA/NZ have to travel to play each other in the finals.

Our home supporters will barely know who the team is until mid season. At a time when we are desperate for some wins to get some momentum behind the club. Another FU Force moment by SANZAAR.

Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I cant agree with any of these travel complaints, we want to play in their competition, we play by their rules. End of story.

Sick of hearing the same bleating from West Coast and Dockers Supporters about their travel. If they don't like, stick to the WAFL like they used to.

I could be worse, we could have daylight savings over here and lose another as well

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Travel is always going to be a factor living in Perth regardless of what sport you follow. Even under the previous derby system that was used as the format for Super Rugby the Force were always going to rack up the frequent flyer points.

SANZAAR probably could tweak the fixture slightly eg the Force would have been better playing on the Friday instead of the Saturday given the short turn around for next week but I guess when you're playing in a competition that has to factor in the requirements of 18 different teams I'm sure that it's not just the Force that get dudded at some stage during the year.

The Sunwolves have to spend 7-8 hours on a plane just to play a home game at times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    I cant agree with any of these travel complaints, we want to play in their competition, we play by their rules. End of story.

Maybe that's the entirety of the problem - the view that we play in their competition and we have no part or ownership of it.

Of course we would have issues with travel. I'm ok with that as long as seems reasonably fair and yes the sunwolves clock the k's because like us they are nowhere near another team.

But in a competition where the draw seems fairly arbitrary and subjective the "A" part of SANZAAR could be a better advocate in my view of giving us a better crack every 3rd year or so....

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Travel is always going to be a factor living in Perth regardless of what sport you follow. Even under the previous derby system that was used as the format for Super Rugby the Force were always going to rack up the frequent flyer points.

SANZAAR probably could tweak the fixture slightly eg the Force would have been better playing on the Friday instead of the Saturday given the short turn around for next week but I guess when you're playing in a competition that has to factor in the requirements of 18 different teams I'm sure that it's not just the Force that get dudded at some stage during the year.

The Sunwolves have to spend 7-8 hours on a plane just to play a home game at times.
    And SANZAAR have tweaked the fixture list for the Jaguars, less so for the Sunwolves, but it's only been in the last couple of years that they seem to acknowledge that Perth isn't on the East Coast and organised 1 week trips to NZ.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon