Thread: Lets make Junior rugby great again

Red Carded
    vCash

Lets make Junior rugby great again

Can someone enlighten me here if this is fake all fact , after meeting a rugby mum of 4 kids at the Corfield tavern last night , we were chewing the fat over a coffee this morning . She wasnt to happy at all , rugby wa juniors have to enroll on line now and the subs must be paid in full . Now a single mum with 4 boys cant aford to pay this amount up front to the ARU . We are now driving the grass roots and future of rugby away from the game .
    Junior league registration $ 130 including shorts socks and a training shirt , plus a bag of goodies for attending registration day at the club .
    Now all outer clubs might end up with the same problem as the purple circle , no juniors .
    Your Thoughts . Hansie do you wish me to pass on your number .

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    At Palmyra we have a club registration day for Juniors as well.

At registration we repay the mums the ARU registration fee and pay them $50 per week in advance for them to bring their kids to training all season. We pay them $100 each time there kid turns up on a Saturday and plays a game.

If the mums are unmarried, we donate a plasma TV to the family and supply a carer two days a week to give the mums some time off.

Next season we intend to introduce a baby bonus to ensure a steady stream of juniors for the future.

Do you think we are heading in the right direction?

vCash
    How much do you pay Jargs to turn up?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    How much do you pay Jargs to turn up?
    Apparently not enough to get his ass onto the pitch!

C'mon the

vCash
    Shasta, stop hijacking sevenmile's thread.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Shasta, stop hijacking sevenmile's thread.
    Sorry. He could always start a Dribb......oh yeh. Been done.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    You're no qualified to dribble shasta.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

Red Carded
    vCash
    Fulvio not good comments mate , might be best you retract these . Dont want to live in the past stop[ talking in riddles.
    As well that is a piss take for people who a on a below average wage , maybe your profession as the same morals as a car sales man .

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    And GIGS20 you are the king of dribble , dont ever PM me again . And as for you THE REST OF YOU SCUM if you have something to say dont PM me bring it out on the forum . this is about RUGBY not your egos .

vCash
    Listen sevenmile, what I do for a living has got fuck all to do with my comments here.

You don't work for nothing, and you are a hypocrite if you expect others to. I get paid by the degree my work is valued, and if you get less, increase your own value, don't get bitter and twisted about mine.

A rugby club is not a charity, nor a baby sitting service. There is a cost. It is kept to a minimum and subsidised to a degree, and Union is one of the cheapest sports around. Price the cost of tennis or golf for comparison.

If you can find a cheaper option, and refuse to or can't pay for the premium product, then that perhaps is the choice to make.

Rugby has no obligation to take on the Government's welfare role in society, and your attempt to portray my post as some form of elitist class warfare is fucking pathetic.

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Listen sevenmile, what I do for a living has got fuck all to do with my comments here.

You don't work for nothing, and you are a hypocrite if you expect others to. I get paid by the degree my work is valued, and if you get less, increase your own value, don't get bitter and twisted about mine.

A rugby club is not a charity, nor a baby sitting service. There is a cost. It is kept to a minimum and subsidised to a degree, and Union is one of the cheapest sports around. Price the cost of tennis or golf for comparison.

If you can find a cheaper option, and refuse to or can't pay for the premium product, then that perhaps is the choice to make.

Rugby has no obligation to take on the Government's welfare role in society, and your attempt to portray my post as some form of elitist class warfare is fucking pathetic.
    Wow have we hit a sore point here my friend , have one of your cars come back from an irate customer . Tell me more , your angry seems like someone out of the gladiator movie where they love the blood , but to gutless to enter the arena .

vCash
    Don't talk to me about gutlessness from the comfort of your alias, you snide little sleazebag.

Player
    vCash
    There is a break up of the fees
    Insurances
    ARU/RugbyWA
    Club fees

Some shires have kid sports grants for families that find it a bit tough and can prove it. Shire Liaison people.
    Each shire may be different with regard to that.

Each clubs fees are different and offer differing inclusions.
    Also as per Baysie may be on a sliding age/fees set up, some may be flat fee across all.
    Minimum payment covering certain aspects are required before a junior can play.
    Some clubs may offer a partial payment scheme as an aid where required.

For a giggle check out how much soccer and dancing are- Madness!
    Doesn't excuse union pricing, but as a sport we could do with TV channel and gambling subsidies like AFL and NRL.

After all that. Junior numbers are pretty strong and some phenomenal talent in WA.
    Highly recommend catching a couple of littlies matches as well as some mid teen age groups to see what's coming through the clubs.

Red Carded
    vCash
    Thanks G Beard I will pass this on , hopefully her boys club is one of the ones that will do the partial payment scheme .
    Very hard out there just now for parents and the last think we need is to have kids miss the chance to play the game they play in heaven .
    Now as for the other comments from a man who negotiated with the local council to move from an area where kids come from a lower social demographic area , to the foreshore where the kids are from a higher social demographic area should maybe look what areas a lot of the top players come from in other countries . Search up and maybe you might change your arrogant attitude that rugby is not here to take on the government welfare roll , it may not but morally it should be as you watch some of the wonderful players that a playing our great game that have not being bought up with the luxurys of life and with a silver spoon in there mouth , .
    Yes your comments are that of a used car sales man , all of a similar industry .