Brynard Stander

Heath Tessman

James Verity-Amm

Shambeckler Vui
    http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2017/02...rce-tens-squad

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    The Western Force has today annouced the squad to compete in the Brisbane Global Rugby Tens at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday, 18 February.

Headlining the Force squad for the tournament is Wallaby duo Tatafu Polota-Nau and Luke Morahan, while Brisbane fans will get a first look at NRL sensation Curtis Rona in the blue jersey and rounding out with club legend Matt Hodgson.

Western Force Head Coach Dave ‘Blood’ Wessels says there is great excitement around the team about competing at the tournament and also made the announcement that current skills coach Kevin Foote will coach the side at the event.

“It’s very exciting, a new format of the game, we’ve seen how successful it’s been for a sport like cricket trying different forms, so we’re thrilled to be involved with it.

“Kevin Foote will be the coach at the tournament, with the rest of the coaching staff supporting him. He’s had some experience in the tens format of the game and we feel he is the appropriate coach to lead the team and the rest of the staff will all be suppoprting him.”

Western Force Tens Coach Kevin Foote says that the tournament in Brisbane is going to be huge for rugby and can’t wait to get over to the east coast and get started.

“I’m really pumped about the Tens, it’s an exciting tournament and I think we’ve got a really strong squad who are excited to play that style of game.

“We will definitely take momentum from the win in the Mauritius Tens last year, but more importantly we want to go out there and enjoy playing the game.

“I think we have a really good balance in the squad; a guy like ‘Hodgo’ (Matt Hodgson) over the ball in unstructured play with so much space and having guys like Luke Morahan, Curtis Rona and Chance Peni outside of them with pace it should be entertaining to watch.”

The Force will be without captain Ben McCalman as he prepares for the Super Rugby season and star fullback Dane Haylett-Petty who is still working back to full fitness.

The inaugural competition will feature the ten Super Rugby franchises from Australia and New Zealand Super Rugby, along with the Panasonic Wild Knights, French powerhouse club Toulon, South Africa’s Blue Bulls and the Samoan international team.

https://www.westernforce.com.au/arti...gby-tens-squad

vCash
    26 players for a 10s comp? A little unfair on the opposition; do they hold hands and cover the width of the field?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Guessing they are the players flying for the 10s and the scratch match that they have against the Rebels on Monday bfore the 10s

Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    26 players for a 10s comp? A little unfair on the opposition; do they hold hands and cover the width of the field?

vCash
    A bit earlier to name a team for the 11th Feb, and that is probably why so many names included.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    The Western Force has today annouced the squad to compete in the Brisbane Global Rugby Tens at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday, 18 February.
    I really hope the Force show up on the 11th & 12th instead of the 18th. Might be a bit embarrassing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DazloT View Post
    I really hope the Force show up on the 11th & 12th instead of the 18th. Might be a bit embarrassing.
    The Western Force is contractually bound to attend the 10s.

I hope the squad get their fitness and ability to innovate in open play tested - perhaps even be more agile

Embarrassment in 10s doesn't even worry me.

The Western Force was formed to play Super Rugby which is for XV men on the field.

I would think this squad is for the 10s and to have a competitive squad for the Rebels trial.

As the first Super Rugby game is just over 3 weeks away I hope the focus is the XV game rather than X game.
    I'm glad that the main coaching panel still have their Super Rugby focus.

Player
    vCash
    Might be something lost in translation andrewg. I'm hoping they show up on the correct date, unlike what is stated in the press release.

As for everything else you posted, agree completely. I'm going to be in the crowd cheering them on win or lose. Just looking forward to seeing the team in action again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    The Western Force is contractually bound to attend the 10s.

I hope the squad get their fitness and ability to innovate in open play tested - perhaps even be more agile

Embarrassment in 10s doesn't even worry me.

The Western Force was formed to play Super Rugby which is for XV men on the field.

I would think this squad is for the 10s and to have a competitive squad for the Rebels trial.

As the first Super Rugby game is just over 3 weeks away I hope the focus is the XV game rather than X game.
    I'm glad that the main coaching panel still have their Super Rugby focus.
    "Hey look, it's the point!"

Name:  Two%u00252Bkisses...two%u00252Bfamilies%u00252Bcoming%u00252Btogether%u00252Bat%u00252Blast%u002.jpg
Views: 1158
Size:  23.8 KB

vCash
    No Badger as a guest player then?

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    Force Brisbane Tens squad

Richard Arnold

Marcel Brache

Robert Coleman

Mees Erasmus

Peter grant

Richard Hardwick

Ross haylett-Petty

Matt Hodgson

Onehunga Kaufusi

Kane Koteka

Ryan Louwrens

Semisi Masiwera

Luke Morahan

Isi Naisarani

Alex Newsome

Chance Peni

Matthew Philip

Tatafu Polota-Nau

Ian Prior

Anaru Rangi

Curtis Rona

Michael Ruru

Brynard Stander

Heath Tessman

James Verity-Amm

Shambeckler Vui
    http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2017/02...rce-tens-squad
    Good looking squad
    Really excited to see Rona, Isi and the beautifully named Onehungi
    Wish you were going Yungfen? (Thanks for the idea) 😜

vCash
    Yeah gutted that I can't make it... I am sure I will be even more when I will hear the stories afterwards! Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by kipper_mckinnon View Post
    Good looking squad
    Really excited to see Rona, Isi and the beautifully named Onehungi
    Wish you were going Yungfen? (Thanks for the idea) ��

Senior Player
    vCash
    LANCE RUSHED INTO BRISBANE TENS SQUAD

The Western Force have made one change to their Brisbane Global Rugby Tens squad, with playmaker Jono Lance coming into the squad for veteran Peter Grant.

Grant will take time to spend with his family after wife Leigh-Anne gave birth to baby Luke on Thursday, 19 of January.

Lance is making his comeback from a broken arm he suffered playing for the Wallaby XV in France against the French Barbarian side in late November.

The skilful flyhalf says he is excited to be playing in the tournament and looks forward to getting back to Brisbane and playing some high quality rugby.

“I’m stoked to be brought into the team,” he said. “Tens is a great format of the game, and suits the way we like to play so I can’t wait to get out there.

“It’s a really exciting prospect to see some of the new talent we have signed in the offseason, I know I can’t wait to see guys like Curtis Rona and Chance Peni on the field.”

Western Force coach for the Tens tournament Kevin Foote says the inclusion of Lance in the squad is a real boost to the backline.

“It’s brilliant news for us,” he said. “Jono is a fantastic player, he runs hard and he loves to get the ball moving, which is exactly what we want in this format.”

The Western Force are set to play against the Bulls, Hurricanes and Toulon on Day One of competition, with the tournament airing live on Fox Sports 1 (501).

https://www.westernforce.com.au/arti...ane-tens-squad

vCash
    OK, so after seeing pretty much everything peter grant has to offer over the last season I can't say losing him to family leave is a great loss, but I hope to God they haven't rushed jono back at the risk of repeating his injury.

Grant proves how desperately shallow we are at 10 and we can't afford to lose number 1 in a pre-season throwaway tournament that isn't even the same format as the comp.

Ian prior for lots of game time unless they're super confident of Jones recovery

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    I hope everything is ok with Peter's family. Unusual to be named one day and the next be taken off due to family reasons.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast