Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New front shirt sponsor: a Force in road saftey

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    https://thewest.com.au/politics/stat...-ng-b88371280z

"Political rivals slam $1.5m RugbyWA deal

The Barnett Government has thrown Western Force a lifeline after striking a $1.5 million sponsorship deal with RugbyWA to promote road safety. But former Liberal turned independent Rob Johnson has blasted the deal, warning that vital road safety funds were being used to prop up an ailing rugby team.

etc"
    Does Rob Johnson realize that for us to get this money our players and coaches have to do 1200 hours of community service to promote road safety. I reckon the most effective target are going to be the young kids. We have seen from the junior skills sessions their have been a lot of kids who admire the players and look up to them. If they see that their heroes are interested and concerned about road safety we might create a new generation of safer drivers on the road. Just like the players will hopefully inspire these young kids to be the next generation of rugby players, hopefully they can now also inspire them to be safe drivers in the future.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Rob Johnson is the current MLA Member for Hillarys as an independent.
    That area is full of Rugby supporters and the statements that he made will have a major impact on his re-election prospects which were in jeopardy already.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    TWF Contributor!
    Really like the support from the government and it is great for the Force. However I also think it doesn't align to reaching a large audience of where the campaign matters most (due to it being local government) in WA. The Force do not have the pull of the AFL especially as the campaign should have a main target of 15 to 18 year old boys and girls and men of of all ages. If the Government wanted to support the Force and get their best bang for buck than the tourism department with the new qantas to Europe link and the ability to pull some weekenders to some of the local treasures would have been a better ploy. IMVHO

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you arenít learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Really like the support from the government and it is great for the Force. However I also think it doesn't align to reaching a large audience of where the campaign matters most (due to it being local government) in WA. The Force do not have the pull of the AFL especially as the campaign should have a main target of 15 to 18 year old boys and girls and men of of all ages. If the Government wanted to support the Force and get their best bang for buck than the tourism department with the new qantas to Europe link and the ability to pull some weekenders to some of the local treasures would have been a better ploy. IMVHO
    Your probably on the mark in that AFL players would likely be more recogisable and thought provoking to the target group. But, in any event it would still be a state-based campaign due to the peculiarities of the Federation. I'll selfishly console myself with the fact that, being as it is, and with the Force's first home grown and developed Wallaby looking like the face of the campaign, Rugby will get good exposure to that group. Happily, it is demographically similar to the people Rugby needs to target in order to broaden it's base in WA. Were the same number of dollars thrown at tourism they would probably be spent largely outside WA.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Gotta spend the money from the budget to which it was allocated, I guess tourism didn't have the cash to do it.

OTOH, maybe tourism had enough money to think an AFL sponsorship was a possibility.

C'mon the

Rookie
    vCash
    still hasn't rated a mention on fox sports red button segment

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3