Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'm Just A Lonely Boy, Lonely And Blue (And Brown And White)

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

I'm Just A Lonely Boy, Lonely And Blue (And Brown And White)

With most clubs commencing pre season training next week, the senior coaching positions must be filled by now, and recruiting and poaching pretty much settled.

I've been out of the loop for a few seasons now, but I do know that Donny Stevenson and Lex Wilson will hold the reins at Palmyra.

Grant Oakley is senior coach at Kala, from what I have read, and Cott were still advertising for coaches in mid December, usually not a good sign.

Other than that I've heard zilch.

My usual source of info, Westieman, through his conduit, Adrian, has all but dried up.

It would be interesting to hear who's coaching where, and what players have jumped clubs.

Trying to pump information from Paly committee members is like pulling teeth.

Someone must know what's happening around the traps, especially at Paly.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Bally coaching Nedlands

Champion
    vCash
    KK at Roo Dogs

Trying to pump information from Paly committee members is like pulling teeth.
    What teeth? I heard they had sold all the gold from their fillings to buy this year's team

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    Bally coaching Nedlands
    Coaching the Sorrento Academy didn't pay enough then?

vCash
    I don't think they had to, Truthie.

Just cashed in a couple of their $200,000 term deposits, I believe.

Champion
    vCash
    Just a couple? That would only cover the costs for Peni and Rona wouldn't it?!

vCash
    Maybe they cashed in a few more then ...

Who are Peni and Rona?

Champion
    vCash
    Oh dear Frank you might be able to come over all innocent before a magistrate but honestly.....and you a student, sorry BA, of local rugby

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    nah,the term deposits weren't generating much interest-so we have thrown all the moolah into this deadset beaut investment involving a product that helps fuel economy

Penies from heaven,I reckon

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Went down to see Palmyra's first pre season training tonight. Disapointing numbers, more coaches than players, about seven of last years first grade attended, including Mees Erasmus, and a smattering of juniors and a few lower grade players. Still, early days, and a 36 degree day.

Didn't see the army of expensive new recruits some of you guys have been raving about, must have lost their way or existed only in your fevered imaginations.

Found out that Kim Short, Referee, former club president and secretary, is now on Crack, and has his first meeting tomorrow night. Good luck with that. Gamekeeper turned poacher.

Westieman's bestest mate Adrian tells me Westie has disappeared off the radar, didn't even invite Ads to his recent birthday bash. Hope Border Force haven't found new temporary accomodation for him in the Northam area....

Also heard that a wealthy Western Suburbs club may have a sponsorship problem this season. May have to re-order the new playing kit ...

Maybe I'll be able to provide more juicy tidbits of information after Thursday's training run, when the club old farts turn up to see if there are any free drinks on offer.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    If only your club had gold instead of that brownish colour on your kit. Whats with the brown anyway?

Neddies shaping up for another top year with Bally at the helm. Unsure of import and force player status yet but am reliably informed that wheels are in motion.

Champion
    vCash
    Who are Peni and Rona?

Didn't see the army of expensive new recruits some of you guys have been raving about, must have lost their way or existed only in your fevered imaginations.

Dear me Frank the Legal Practice Board may want to scrutinise your previous statements relating the Whole Truth and nothing but etc.- see the link below.
    How refreshing to see your well-heeled money men investing in locally home- grown talent.
    Rona - Wanneroo, Peni - Wanneroo, Aranmore poached for Wests and the big fat lump from Kala albeit not home grown in the Hills I will admit.
    You would have thought having wasted their money in a bid to do a Nedlands/Cott etc and buy a premiership last year (an abject failure) they would have learnt a lesson.
    And where is the much vaunted RugbyWA policy of players coming back to the Force linking with their home grown club.
    Good on you CRAC - oh that's right Kim Short is on the committee isn't he. No clash of interests there of course.
    But let's be realistic there is as much chance of "Rona" on a Paly team sheet as there is as seeing "Sammut" unless of course there is the usual shenanigans that goes on for finals qualifications and he "plays" the required number of games in 4th Grade
    At least he will have a nice car to drive down to Paly with his wife.
    However word on the gossip grapevine is that we have not heard the last of this and the aforementioned Force players may not yet be playing in the yucky brown tainted jumper.
    I wonder what the great Gary Mickle would make of all this having played for his beloved side for free all those years.
    Frank, Any thoughts?

http://www.palmyrarugby.com.au/news/...t-1743372.html

Last edited by wholetruth; 21-01-17 at 10:31.

Rookie
    vCash
    Penrith played for Rockingham for most of his Junior rugby, came to Wests at 14 years of age, never played for Wanneroo

Rookie
    vCash
    Should read Peni bloody spellcheck

Champion
    vCash
    I beg to differ He was at Wanneroo before wests snaffled him through the Aranmore link/threat/scholarship

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast