Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I'm Just A Lonely Boy, Lonely And Blue (And Brown And White)

Rookie
    vCash
    He was never at Wanneroo, why the F--k would he have played for Wanneroo, when he lived at Rockingham, makes no sense.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Settle down. Perhaps you could ask him

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    You are a bitter and twisted little half truth aren't you?

In the beginning Rugbywa said all players would be fairly allocated between clubs. This lasted for a season.

Then RugbyWA said it could not allocate players to clubs because of their agreement with the players. That story changed slightly when the less favoured clubs indicated their displeasure,to the players not being able to be fairly allocated because RUPA forbade the Union from telling the players where they could play.

So the majority of the players suddenly appeared on the Associates team sheets, then the Nedlands team sheets, then the University Team sheets, then the Cottesloe team sheets and latterly the Wests team sheets. It was amazing, but the majority of players mysteriously chose to play for the clubs having the most influence in RugbyWA, although this had nothing to do with the RugbyWA officials at the time of course.

After a few more seasons of this some of the less favoured clubs got really hot under the collar and RugbyWA told the clubs that if they wanted the players to go to them they should make it attractive for them to do so. This was RugbyWA code for something or other, but the clubs didn't understand this, most of them had no money to do anything anyway, and the same concentration of players in favoured clubs continued.

Things then changed at RugbyWA. They got themselves into a state bordering on insolvency and had to be bailed out by the ARU. That didn't resolve all their financial woes and they are now begging for donations from the members they have left.

With that scenario facing them, RugbyWA found itself asking the clubs to help out by subsidising their players with whatever financial and other assistance they could. Of course those clubs that were in a position to do so, and there is only one that I know that was, wanted something in return.

They had the green light, and went for it, to what ultimate success I do not know, and no longer care very much.

Suddenly the likes of Nedlands and Wests went hysterical whinging whining and sending emails about that terrible club beating them at their own game.

And the weak lily livered RugbyWA administration is beside itself trying to placate them once again, backtracking and trying to change the goal posts again so that it can "allocate" the players. Funny though, the current "allocation" has 8 Force players at Nedlands and I'll bet my shirt Associates are "allocated" an entire first grade of Force Academy players.

If you have any issue with Kim Short, take it up with him. Every dickhead on that committee comes from one club or another, or did you think they especially import them?

As far as I can see his recent conversion to Cracism on the road to Damascus will only end in tears for him. Dogs and fleas and all that.

Finally, I don't think Gary Mickle would give a tinkers curse for you or your opinions. But again better you take it up directly with him.

Champion
    vCash
    Love your work Frank. Once again you have hit the nail on the head.
    Nothing bitter and twisted here I was just trying to point out, but not as succinctly as you, what goes on between those that have influence and those that don't.
    Totally agree that the whole situation is a clusterf***
    Perhaps you would agree that players who came from a WA club should be told to go back there though? - ala the Haylett Petty boys etc
    By the way I hear Nedlands are trying to shift players off their allocation list (having lobbied/paid to get them) because they are first/second choice Super players and unlikely to be playing for them.
    Always something smelly at the Foreshore

Love this.
    As far as I can see his recent conversion to Cracism on the road to Damascus will only end in tears for him. Dogs and fleas and all that.

Rookie
    vCash
    Already have, he's said he's never played for them

vCash
    Peni has never played for Wanneroo

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    just concentrate on queensland rugby,Pieter

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    Peni has never played for Wanneroo
    I thought you'd left.

I am really a Palmyra troll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    I thought you'd left.
    This may come as a shock but they are actually connected to the internet thingy in Qld nowdays.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    This may come as a shock but they are actually connected to the internet thingy in Qld nowdays.
    Don't tell the locals though!
    Then you'd have a larger army of capslockman/woman pandering their shit on Facebook & news comment sections

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Don't tell the locals though!
    Then you'd have a larger army of capslockman/woman pandering their shit on Facebook & news comment sections
    Don't say that too loud, jono. Besides you know the one about people who lay down with canines..........

EDIT: That could be offensive, just realised. Just meant you've been there so long, I'm a little worried it may be rubbing off on you. "Carna Bronx"

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Just giving you the inside word! If it was on race 3 you'd be all over it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2