Thread: Nicholas Bishop's Fantasy Force Team

vCash

Nicholas Bishop's Fantasy Force Team

from this article on 'The Roar' http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/12/14...-gift-fantasy/

1. Pek Cowan, 2. Tatafu Polota-Nau, 3. Greg Holmes,
    4. James Horwill, 5. Adam Coleman, 6. Peter Kimlin, 7. Matt Hodgson, 8. Ben McCalman,
    9. Nic White, 10. Jono Lance, 11. James O’Connor, 12. Billy Meakes, 13. Adam Ashley-Cooper
    14. Luke Morahan, 15. Dane Haylett-Petty
    16. Ben Daley, 17. Harry Scoble, 18. Kieran Longbottom, 19. Ben Matwijow, 20. Richard Hardwick, 21. Ryan Louwrens, 22. Brock James, 23. Robbie Coleman.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Mowen > kimlin
    A tackle bag > white
    But apart from that not a bad team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    from this article on 'The Roar' http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/12/14...-gift-fantasy/

1. Pek Cowan, 2. Tatafu Polota-Nau, 3. Greg Holmes,
    4. James Horwill, 5. Adam Coleman, 6. Peter Kimlin, 7. Matt Hodgson, 8. Ben McCalman,
    9. Nic White, 10. Jono Lance, 11. James O’Connor, 12. Billy Meakes, 13. Adam Ashley-Cooper
    14. Luke Morahan, 15. Dane Haylett-Petty
    16. Ben Daley, 17. Harry Scoble, 18. Kieran Longbottom, 19. Ben Matwijow, 20. Richard Hardwick, 21. Ryan Louwrens, 22. Brock James, 23. Robbie Coleman.
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Mowen > kimlin
    A tackle bag > white
    But apart from that not a bad team
    The way the Roar article was written, the returning Australian players went in a draft, and Mowen was picked in the 1st round by the Brumbies, so Kimlin was the best '6' available of what's left. Our 5 picks went: AAC, Holmes, Horwill, White, JO'C.

I'm not sure that AAC as out 1st pick is necessarily the best. AAC is damn good, and a partnership with Meakes would be good for direct running, but there are plenty of Australian backs to pick from. I'd have said our main needs are either a lock (Coleman would currently partner the lesser Arnold twin/Matwijow/Phillips) or a replacement for Cottrell if none of the current crop are considered good enough. Therefore, I'd have said our first pick would be Mowen or Luke Jones.

Greg Holmes would be a good 2nd pick, bolstering the front row stocks, unless the other of Mowen/Jones was still available. Mind you, a front row of Pek/TPN/Holmes might stretch the stocks of half-time Werthers Originals.

For our 3rd/4th picks we could start to look at the backs, although I think we're quite good at the moment. There is a lot of potential rather than proven performance in guys like Louwrens, Burton, Peni & Rona, but if the Roar article's draft happened as predicted, there would still be Giteau, Barnes, Harris, Betham, J'OC and Tapuai to pick from (I'd never pick Nic White, though!)

Picking JO'C with our 5th pick is interesting. On skill levels, he'd be gone in the first 10 picks, but his baggage dropped him down to 21st. I'd still think of taking a punt on him, partly because he didn't get into much trouble while here, it all started to kick-off once he reached the East Coast, and partly because I'd arrange for him to share a house with someone like Hodgo/McCalman/Tessman

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Player
    vCash
    Along with Fardy, Kimlin is the most overrated player to leave Australia.

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by choice View Post
    Along with Fardy, Kimlin is the most overrated player to leave Australia.
    Fardy?

vCash
    I think lock and prop are our biggest problem areas in terms of depth, and perhaps flyhalf as we are very reliant on Jono at the moment, so I would've gone for the following in order:

Kieran Longbottom, Luke Jones, Greg Holmes, James O'Connor & Brock James (although maybe getting a bit old)

Certainly no need for Kimlin considering we've got RHP, Hardwick, Big Dog and Stander who would all be better in that position than Kimlin

vCash
    I still think, despite being smallish, rhp makes for a serviceable lock.

Yes, if somebody taller is around he could play 6, but then who do you leave out? I don't think he's a better 6 than Gus, or Stander or even one of the backup 7s who will be queueing up behind hodgo.

He's probably more use as a lock.

C'mon the