Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    about time

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    A couple of incorrect pieces of information in there but shouldn't complain - there seems to be a lot of good will being generated by the campaign.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    about time
    what do you mean?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Green and Gold Rugby has treated the Western Force team and its fans like Rugbys ugly red headed step child since day one.

Lets face it for the first 2 or 3 years GAGR - the site - should have been called Sky Blue Rugby Matt and his side kick Moses certainly wore their affiliation to the Waratahs for all the world to see.

Whilst every newspaper has had articles, or serious column inches dedicated to the subject of the Own the Force. What has GAGR done? mentioned it once in a Podcast - about 8 seconds worth.

The regular commentators of GAGR have spent more time discussing the topic, not only that, the majority support it.

Prior to todays headline grabbing effort - the last article written about the Force was the 26 of July. - Season in Review - written by a Perth Local.

Sure its easy to say no Force supporter is willing to step up and write for GAGR about the Force- but lets be honest now. You dont exactly make anyone feel welcome.

So "About Time" is pretty appropriate.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

Rookie
    vCash
    Ok, some points to note:

- GAGR is totally volunteer run. Matt doesn't make a cent from it, nor do any of its contributors.
    - Unlike newspapers we don't dictate stories. We leave it up to contributors to write the articles that interest them. We don't have paid journalists that we can dictate which stories to write. The fact its volunteer we leave it up to them to write what they are passionate about. Sorry to say it but I am more passionate about my Reds than the Force so I usually focus on them (or 7s or the Wallabies).
    - I've come here a few times now asking for any interest to write articles about the Force/Spirit/WA Rugby etc and let's just say I was never inundated with offers. Which is fine, as I've said, we can't make people write about them.
    - GRaham Parkinson (with some support from Garth Davis) did a cracking job of covering the NRC for us which was brilliant. I'm hoping he backs up again and does some Super Rugby stuff for us too. But that will be his choice. Ben Yeates did a lot of Super Rugby stuff for us this year
    - No Force articles since 26 July? Well guess what - it's Wallaby season. There's been nothing on the Rebels since 14 August, nothing on the Brumbies since 22 July (if you are happy not to count the article on Lealiifano's illness battle) and nothing on the Tahs since 8 August.
    - for what it's worth Nick D who wrote this article is a QLDer. So there you go.

Anyway mate, if you want to keep sitting back and taking pot shots then go for your life. I appreciate you've gotten used to living with a chip on your shoulder. If you want to change things than at any time take up my numerous offers to cover the game in the west yourself.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    what's wrong with taking potshots Reg--we at the Force have been copping them without vass for years!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    I havent scoured GAGR but IRL the GAGR types that some of us met when the beat the Tahds in Sydney a couple of years ago seemed quite okay

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I miss Chook. Where did he go?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    RugbyReg.

First up - nothing like having a little banter between friends and enemies but I am curious as to how well you know me to decide that I have a chip on one of my shoulders.

It is a little disappointing to see a discussion escalate so quickly to personal attacks. But you gotta do what you gotta do, I guess.

All I am doing is dealing with facts.

The fact is that in all the time that GAGR has been on the world wide web - the Force has never received favorable coverage.

The fact is that for a long time the only articles written about the Western Force matches - were the volunteer staff covering the other team.

The fact is TheWholeForce website has been around for as long as the Western Force has, yet it took GAGR 10 years to come on here looking for someone willing to write Force articles for you. I could ask about the first 9 years. But thats OK.

And yes you are correct, it is easy to sit back and take pot shots, I would love to be able to write articles for GAGR, I dont believe that I have the ability to do so.

Anyway - I hope that you do find someone to write Force articles for the 2017 season, I think the Force will have an improved year. And a full coverage of all Australian Teams can only make GAGR a better website.

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    RugbyReg. First up - nothing like having a little banter between friends and enemies but I am curious as to how well you know me to decide that I have a chip on one of my shoulders.
    If you don't have a chip on your shoulder I would consider it un-west Australian. Since I know how well entrenched you are, I would certainly expect some form of chip. ;-)

C'mon the

Apprentice
    vCash
    Sure its easy to say no Force supporter is willing to step up and write for GAGR about the Force- but lets be honest now. You dont exactly make anyone feel welcome.
    Exile I can't speak for your experience but I have contributed articles/match reports (rarely), forum posts (occasionally) and photos (regularly) to GAGR over the last few years and have always been made to feel welcome.

Whatever may have been the case in the past, GAGR have been very keen in recent times to encourage Force content. Test the waters the waters with a contribution or 2. I think you'll be surprised at the positive response and encouragement.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    If you don't have a chip on your shoulder I would consider it un-west Australian. Since I know how well entrenched you are, I would certainly expect some form of chip. ;-)
    X doesn't have said chip due to being a Sandgroper. It's due to being a Sandgroper living in enemy territory.

vCash
    The continual conspiracy theories that the rest of the country are against us gets a bit tiresome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    The continual conspiracy theories that the rest of the country are against us gets a bit tiresome.
    Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast