Thread: Pocock targeted by bogus website

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Pocock targeted by bogus website

Wallabies clean-skin David Pocock is being targeted by a fake website threatening to "expose" the rugby star for his use of controversial nutritional supplements.

Pocock's management are aware of the bogus page, which uses ESPN branding to flog a supplement it says is used by Pocock. NFL stars Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have also been targeted in similar methods.

"Pocock's dirty secret is one that he's been trying to keep under wraps for years and for a good reason too," the site states, under the byline of a Ryan Hasman, who purports to be an "ESPN senior staff writer".

"Unfortunately the alternative that he's been using has now fallen under the scrutiny of officials and is in all likelihood going to get banned."

At the bottom of the article, a series of Facebook users appear to comment on the story, endorsing the supplements and urging others to try them.

"David is an athlete that trains exceptionally hard and relies on his own natural ability and drive, determination and preparation to achieve his outcomes and goals", Levine told Fairfax Media.

"David has taken action as its own expense against these rogue business operators, and this fake site was completely shut down in June.

"However despite best vigilance, from time to time fake sites, encompassing false advertising and renegade operators, pop up and David begins the process again, to stop their misleading and totally false advertising. This not only happens to David but a number of leading sports personalities around the world.

"Should these sites continue to pop up in the future (and as far as we know they have not re-emerged) , David will continue to spend his own money to protect his well-earned reputation and seek to shut down completely false advertising and scoundrel operators down."

Emma Barnes, Head of Communications for ESPN Australia added "We are aware of these sorts of fake ads and are exploring legal options to protect our IP."

Pocock, purportedly the highest-paid player in Australian rugby, is a high profile target.

A self-confessed diet and exercise obsessive, the No.7's physique and strength has helped establish him as one of the game's best and toughest players internationally, despite enduring two knee reconstructions in recent years and a fractured eye socket in June.

Last month he continued to defy expectations after returning to Wallabies duty mere weeks after breaking his hand against Argentina.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austra...Z&ocid=DELLDHP

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Anybody who has seen the guy work at an open training session would have trouble believing the story. The bloke seriously punishes himself every second of the day. It's as if he's done something wrong in a former life!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Anybody who has seen the guy work at an open training session would have trouble believing the story. The bloke seriously punishes himself every second of the day. It's as if he's done something wrong in a former life!
    Yeah it's a bit of a shame that he's working so hard and this shit pops up.

Champion
    vCash
    Just your standard click bait article. Sonny Bill had one about him too.

vCash
    That must be pretty galling for him. He does look like he eats half a cow for brekky then hits the weights room every morning, though.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Found it

It must be true - it was on the internet

Senior Staff Writer Ryan Hasman
    (ESPN) - If you watch rugby, you know David Pocock. Australia’s best player at the 2015 World Cup is a blood-thirsty monster on the field. His combination of size, speed, and raw power makes him an unstoppable outside flanker. David clocks in at over 100 kilos of pure muscle and with over 160 caps and a winner of the John Eales medal, he's sure to go down in history as one of the greatest men in rugby union. His popularity has been on the rise since his breakthrough year in 2009 but now his whole career may be in jeopardy over a scandal involving his use of some controversial substances that may end up on the banned list for rugby union players.

Pocock's dirty secret is one that he's been trying to keep under wraps for years and for a good reason too. It takes more than just good training to be in the type of peak physical shape that he's in. Many people have fallen into the trap of taking steroids and still haven't come even close to the level of Pococks athleticism. Unfortunately the alternative that he's been using has now fallen under the scrutiny of officials and is in all likelihood going to get banned. The question we all want to know is how will Pocock perform without the use of these "super supplements?"

This popular supplement stack that David uses to burn fat, pack on muscle, and skyrocket energy is called Hyper Tone Force & Hyper Tone Excel. It is a common supplement combo taken by many pro athletes and body builders but it may end up being banned for 2 big reasons:

1. This combo makes athletes 150% stronger on average and triples stamina making it unfair to players who don't use it.

2. These supplements don't have to be used in conjunction with a gym. Users experience massive muscle growth and fat loss without lifting a single weight. Officials consider this to be a "cheat" as it requires hardly any effort on the user's part.

Gaining lean muscle often feels like an impossible challenge. We have evaluated numerous fad diets over the years. All too frequent the results are just shy of being painfully disappointing.

The reason why most fail, in our opinion, is that they impose unrealistic restrictions on how you live your life. Many dietitians say eat lots of protein others emphasize carbohydrates. In either case, you're left with having to make rather drastic changes to the types of food you eat, when you eat it. In this monthly issue, Our sponsors gave us a monthly supply of Hyper Tone Force & Hyper Tone Excel so we can take an in-depth look at an emerging and promising muscle building trend.

Nevertheless, as we began to investigate the countless success stories reported by celebrities from around the world. We decided that this muscle building trend was worth a closer examination.

Hyper Tone Force has been clinically proven to:
    Boost Energy
    Be Rich in Antioxidants
    Help Eliminate Bad Toxins That Have Built Up Over the Years
    Help Regulate Your Metabolism
    Build Muscle
    Burn Fat
    PUTTING THE METHOD TO THE TEST
    For the ESPN Test, a free bottle of Hyper Tone Force & Hyper Tone Excel were delivered in a few days and only charged us for shipping. Hyper Tone Force is one of the most concentrated and purest products on the market. It was our shared opinion that this would give me the most accurate results for my test. Below you can see my results and read about them.

My Results - I lost 14 pounds of stomach fat and gained 16 back in pure muscle in just one month using the Hyper Tone Force Method - Ryan (ESPN)
    Take two Hyper Tone Force pills in the morning
    Take two Hyper Tone Excel pills in the evening
    WEEK ONE
    One week after starting I was surprised at the dramatic results. My energy level was up, and I wasn't even hungry. A welcomed side effect of the Hyper Tone Force diet is its power to curb the appetite.

Best of all, I didn’t even change anything about my daily routine. On Day 7, I got on the scale and couldn’t believe my eyes. I had lost 2 pounds. But I still wasn’t convinced, since they say you lose a lot of water weight at the beginning of any diet. I wanted to wait and see the results in the upcoming weeks.

WEEK THREE
    After 3 weeks, all my doubts and skepticism had absolutely vanished! I am down, from a 40 to a 36 pant sizes after losing another 6 pounds. And I still have a ton of energy. Quite often, around the third week of other diets, you tend to run out of steam. But with the Hyper Tone Force my energy levels don’t dip, instead they remain steady throughout the day.

WEEK FOUR
    After the fourth week, my final results were shocking. I lost an unbelievable 14 pounds since starting the Hyper Tone Force diet! Actually everyone at ESPN is kicking themselves for not having volunteered to be the guinea pig. Using the Hyper Tone Force in week 4, I lost an additional 2 pounds.

Conclusion: Like us, here at "ESPN", you might be a little doubtful about the effects of this diet, but you need to try it for yourself; the results are real. After conducting our own personal study we are pleased to see that people really are finding success with it (myself included). And you have nothing to lose. To order your bottle, follow the links I have provided and know that you are getting a quality product that works; no strings attached!

You can reach your weight loss goals with the Hyper Tone Force diet,

Ryan Hasman

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Found it

It must be true - it was on the internet...
    Give it a crack Ex

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I never realised that ESPN had done so much research into bodybuilding supplements (we, our, my etc)

C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Give it a crack Ex
    I'm not a professional body builder, but I did give it a fair go - its huge

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    And just how much did Hyper Tone pay Mr Hasman for that advertorial?

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon