Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: SANZAR Meeting

Champion
    vCash
    Spiro is trying to remain relevant. Something he hasn't been since 1982. He spews the same anti ARU rhetoric every monday so he can have his ego stroked by his 3 or 4 followers. He is the print version of the Papworth radio show.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Spiro still thinks he's writing for a local newspaper and targets his audience appropriately.
    He has yet to understand that people outside of NSW read his little online blog.

In fact this is the major issue with most people with a NSW bias. They fail to see that rugby exists outside of NSW.
    It's like reading their comments about 'tribalism' in the NRC or the lack there of. They don't see that this is only of concern to NSW based teams. Everyone else outside of NSW are already actively following their NRC teams.
    It's the same with 'groundroots' being the same as the Shute Shield. Small minds who can't understand that Australia continues to exist beyond the boarders of NSW without it's permission.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    How on earth do they think the ARU is going to compete with Legaue, AFL AND the public school system in W Sydney when it can't even make rugby a major success in its own blue-blooded back yard?! The AFL has poured millions into W Sydney; where is the ARU going to get that sort of money from?

Another poorly thought through piece of writing.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Another Sydney based writer Spiro Zavos from The Roar put the following comments into an article about the Springboks getting beaten by Italy. It seems to me that he is on the payroll of the Papworth and Dwyer crusade to kill off the Western Force.

This is another cheap shot at the Western Force, when really it should be a question to NSWRU.
    Why aren't they harnessing all this support from Western Sydney? Why do they play all there games at the SFS when the population of Sydney is centred around Parramatta?
    And to be fair to the Roarers, they are pretty much unanimously calling that part of Spiro's article :bullshit:

ETA: Hey Coach, what happened to the smilie?

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Italy beat South Africa therefore the Western Force should become the Western Sydney Force?

Makes sense...

vCash
    Between SBS and Bein sport less than 170,000 watched the Wallabies v France on television from the comfort of their homes, how many would go out and actually watch two Sydney franchises every weekend live?

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    As if Waratah fans would go and watch a non-Waratah match, FFS - they barely go watch Waratah matches

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    And logistically Super Rugby is not just home and away consecutive weeks. To have a team play in Sydney each weekend would near be impossible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    As if Waratah fans would go and watch a non-Waratah match, FFS - they barely go watch Waratah matches
    Well if the worst should come to pass at least you could make every home game.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Between SBS and Bein sport less than 170,000 watched the Wallabies v France on television from the comfort of their homes, how many would go out and actually watch two Sydney franchises every weekend live?
    I think that the time at which the game was played would be a very big factor. I tried watching it form my accom on Rottnest island but saw more 'snow' than game a sthe reception was horrendous....

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Well if the worst should come to pass at least you could make every home game.
    Honestly mate - I dont think I could do it.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    And logistically Super Rugby is not just home and away consecutive weeks. To have a team play in Sydney each weekend would near be impossible.
    Given that the scheduling seems to favour
    1 South Africa
    2 New Zealand
    3 Eastern Australia
    4 Argentina, Japan, the black dog down the road
    5 The Force

I would suggest the only time that consecutive weekly games would be played in Sydney would be when it is disadvantageous to both teams

I think it far more likely that they would both be playing the same night, because it suits the Kiwis better somehow!

C'mon the

vCash
    With four East Coast teams, you get (on average) 2 homes games in the East Coast each weekend. As everyone seems to want to play at the same time*, that pretty much forces them to play one match Friday evening and one Saturday. Funnily enough, this is what TV wants, too.

Having five East Coast teams would mean 3 home games every other week. You can't play the extra game early, as that's a NZ game timeslot, so every other week one team would have a late Saturday kick-off and there'd be howls of complaints from the fans that they can't take the kiddies to a game starting at 8 pm; this means the teams which have the late game would complain about the affect the timing has on their attendance, especially if one team got more late games than early games**.

That's why the Force's location makes sense from a TV viewpoint, and from a rugby attendance viewpoint, quite apart from the fact that we've got the 3rd highest local player numbers.

[* Ignoring Qld's lack of summer time for half the season!]
    [** It's as if they haven't thought through the logistics before knee-jerkingly claiming that the Force should be moved. ]

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Another Sydney based writer Spiro Zavos from The Roar put the following comments into an article about the Springboks getting beaten by Italy. It seems to me that he is on the payroll of the Papworth and Dwyer crusade to kill off the Western Force.
    The downward slide of the Bokke has nothing to do with Super Rugby and everything to do with the politicisation of sport in South Africa.
    However, why should Mr Zavos let inconvenient facts get in the way of a good story?

vCash
    Spiro has never let facts interfere with any of his opinions, why should he start now?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast