Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: SANZAR Meeting

vCash
    Confirms what I thought about Fox's view. The amount of positive comments re The Force lately was a dead give-away.

P.S. If they are using Control's Cone of Silence it'll be all over the press in no time.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash

Membership numbers

Does anyone have an idea of the number of WF Diamond, Gold and Silver members in 2017?

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    Does anyone have an idea of the number of WF Diamond, Gold and Silver members in 2017?
    In the line break mag I saw Lavan Legal had an ad in it that said 4200 members.

Senior Player
    vCash

Membership numbers

Quote Originally Posted by DazloT View Post
    Surely not that low a number in 2017?!?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    Surely not that low a number in 2017?!?!?!
    That's what it said. I must admit I was quite perturbed when I saw that.

May the FORCE be with you!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Would hardly be surprised. Intentionally or otherwise they have been openly advertising for the last two years that the team will be axed and anything spent on membership is good money after bad. We've now lost two thirds of our group.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DazloT View Post
    Isn't this number similar to what RugbyWA initially budgeted for before the team started?

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Isn't this number similar to what RugbyWA initially budgeted for before the team started?
    I think your close, Coach. I seem to remember 4500.

Hard to believe we started with 23,000 members IIRC. The ARU has certainly squandered a golden opportunity here through Eastern States nepotism and self interest. Hopefully things will turn around. But it's still a crying shame to think what could have been if WA had been given the right support from the get go. We have plenty of players now coming through, but how many more could it have been if more kids were encouraged by a pathway to a successful franchise? How many more like Ruru, Rangi & Co would have come to WA club Rugby in the hopes of getting a shot at a pro contract? How much could that have boosted the Premier Grade? It's actually more than a shame; it's a fuggin' disgrace.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I think your close, Coach. I seem to remember 4500.

Hard to believe we started with 23,000 members IIRC. The ARU has certainly squandered a golden opportunity here through Eastern States nepotism and self interest. Hopefully things will turn around. But it's still a crying shame to think what could have been if WA had been given the right support from the get go. We have plenty of players now coming through, but how many more could it have been if more kids were encouraged by a pathway to a successful franchise? How many more like Ruru, Rangi & Co would have come to WA club Rugby in the hopes of getting a shot at a pro contract? How much could that have boosted the Premier Grade? It's actually more than a shame; it's a fuggin' disgrace.
    Shasta we've also been our own worst enemies the last couple of years as well. our SO CALLED BOARD didn't exactly throw the shit out (Graham and co) when it was required hence the damage that has been done to the game here that hopefully our squad now will get a chance to recoup some of the disgruntled members. We've also not exactly got tough at times and have been happy in our own world blowing wind up our backsides instead of gritting the teeth and knocking bloody heads off the other sides to make it more attractive to come here. I still think there is 1or 2 more who should maybe be shown the door.

vCash
    I also think that our mainstream govt/media in WA hasn't been too supportive either.

There was also no rectangular stadium, which was promised way back in 1994 when the Perth Kangaroos were running around in the Singapore Premier League, this is despite the Western Reds and Perth Glory being in existence since that period.

There was also the "no public transport with your tickets" debacle with the Perth Glory and the Wallabies, where the ARU had to step in and threaten to pull the Tri-Nations tests from the city to get the transport back.

Too much of the "What, are you here to take over from Aussie Rules or sumfink?!" kind of attitude in the media.

Too much of the "We must ensure footy's No.1 position in our State" from the government.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Player
    vCash
    They also dont win enough

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Never a truer word. This was in the Perth Now Story today.
    More here
    http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/sup...6060eba77dd37d

If the decision on the future of any Australian franchise was made on a financial basis there are 11 million reasons — the Own The Force campaign and Road Safety sponsorship deal — why the Force should be secure.
    But there are 13 million reasons why the privately owned Rebels should be in the ARU’s crosshairs. ARU sources say the club has bled them of $13 million to keep it afloat.
    Rebels owner Andrew Cox claims his side is not under threat because the ARU cannot afford to cut them. And Cox also wants player import restrictions relaxed after his club has been allowed to contract more international players than any other Australian franchise.
    Brumbies chief executive Michael Thomson has also declared his club was going nowhere despite losing $3 million in the past few years few years and being under investigation amid off-field turmoil.

vCash
    The thing that gives me a bit of hope is how much the Foxsports mob now seem to be pushing the Force barrow. After all they are a major stakeholder with a lot of clout.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Heard on the TV that NZ are pushing for the 15 club competition. With 2 x SA & 1 x Aus teams to be axed.

Also said that if this is the case the ARU have already decided which, out of the 5 Aussie teams, will be cut!

My arsehole is twitchin'!

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    Heard on the TV that NZ are pushing for the 15 club competition. With 2 x SA & 1 x Aus teams to be axed.

Also said that if this is the case the ARU have already decided which, out of the 5 Aussie teams, will be cut!

My arsehole is twitchin'!
    But "if" this is true and that is what the Kiwis want and we don't agree, it can't happen. All partners must agree. End of story.

If ifs and buts were fruit and nuts it would be Christmas every day of the year

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast