Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13
Results 181 to 193 of 193

Thread: SANZAR Meeting

  1. #181
    Veteran Contributor Exile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,757
    vCash
    560000
    Dry July! Ex-Staff MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insider View Post
    The development or growth of rugby in wa is at best a disaster. RWA have dropped the ball on this one.
    The number of kids coming through the ranks u14-u16 has been decreasing at a rapid rate over the last few years which now reflects in the number of u18-u20s teams.
    They don't even have a draw up yet as the clubs are struggling to commit to field teams and the quality I have seen to date wouldn't have any other state quaking in there boots
    Just once it would be great to hear from someone who has a interest or involvement in Perth Club Rugby that doesn't have a hatred for RugbyWA that borders on the Psychotic.

    Club Rugby in Western Australia has the opportunity to grow their membership numbers, have new recruits thru the pages of this website. But your collective rants against each other and the bile that is spat about RugbyWA turns everyone off.

    But you all dont care about that.

    Its amazing how you all refuse to acknowledge the comments of the "common Western Force fan" here on TWF because they havent been involved with Club Rugby since the age of 4. And yet whilst I can not speak for all on TWF the regular Club Rugby Commentators that frequent TWF are seen as whiny kids that had their favorite batman toy taken from them by the big bullies at RugbyWA.

    Mr. Insider your comments about the growth of RugbyWA being a disaster I can not take seriously when evidence points to the contry. If there was one WA developed Force player in 2006. and there is now 9 in the playing squad for the Brumbies, you might want to re-think your argument.

    5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Exile
    Sydney


    “If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got”

  2. #182
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    120
    vCash
    5028000
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Just once it would be great to hear from someone who has a interest or involvement in Perth Club Rugby that doesn't have a hatred for RugbyWA that borders on the Psychotic.

    Club Rugby in Western Australia has the opportunity to grow their membership numbers, have new recruits thru the pages of this website. But your collective rants against each other and the bile that is spat about RugbyWA turns everyone off.

    But you all dont care about that.

    Its amazing how you all refuse to acknowledge the comments of the "common Western Force fan" here on TWF because they havent been involved with Club Rugby since the age of 4. And yet whilst I can not speak for all on TWF the regular Club Rugby Commentators that frequent TWF are seen as whiny kids that had their favorite batman toy taken from them by the big bullies at RugbyWA.

    Mr. Insider your comments about the growth of RugbyWA being a disaster I can not take seriously when evidence points to the contry. If there was one WA developed Force player in 2006. and there is now 9 in the playing squad for the Brumbies, you might want to re-think your argument.
    I am involved in club rugby Exile
    There's no way to gloss over the facts my statement made no mention of the force there players or there supporters
    There was no mention of hatred towards rugby wa it stated the facts about the future so I take your comment as a sad little man who lived in a world of make believe where we all hold hands and sing and eat ferry bread
    The truth is the truth

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #183
    Veteran BLR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,501
    vCash
    5316000
    Quote Originally Posted by Insider View Post
    I am involved in club rugby Exile
    There's no way to gloss over the facts my statement made no mention of the force there players or there supporters
    There was no mention of hatred towards rugby wa it stated the facts about the future so I take your comment as a sad little man who lived in a world of make believe where we all hold hands and sing and eat ferry bread
    The truth is the truth
    If it was truth, where is your evidence? Without your evidence you are just saying things on the internet.

    Numbers decreasing? What are the numbers? See where I am going with this?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #184
    Veteran Contributor Exile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,757
    vCash
    560000
    Dry July! Ex-Staff MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insider View Post
    I am involved in club rugby Exile
    There's no way to gloss over the facts my statement made no mention of the force there players or there supporters
    There was no mention of hatred towards rugby wa it stated the facts about the future so I take your comment as a sad little man who lived in a world of make believe where we all hold hands and sing and eat ferry bread
    The truth is the truth
    Mr Insider,

    I too am involved with Club Rugby and have been for almost 20 years. Please forgive me for making a couple of generalizations.

    You obviously dont know me, I havent been called a little man in a long time.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Exile
    Sydney


    “If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got”

  5. #185
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    134
    vCash
    5010000
    The bagging of RWA gives oxygen too Papworth and Sydney centrics that if this is a shitfight then how can you have a professional franchise.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #186
    Immortal Book Maker
    Contributor
    Moderator
    travelling_gerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia, Australia
    Posts
    17,357
    vCash
    -251457520
    Tong Master Dry July! 141 Club Award TWF Competition Runner Up! MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    Name:  2539574675_a8146d3a5b_z (1).jpg
Views: 424
Size:  79.0 KB

    Fairy

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #187
    Champion Ralto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,282
    vCash
    5784650
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post

    Numbers decreasing? What are the numbers? See where I am going with this?
    Any idea where we could get this easy to calculate information???.
    Ensuring that the same method is used to report the numbers the evidence would be irrefutable - year upon year growth according to some.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #188
    Champion chibi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Chinatown, Roe St
    Posts
    1,890
    vCash
    5482000
    From the Saffer rumour mill

    http://www.sarugbymag.co.za/blog/det...payout-if-axed


    Cheetahs to get payout if axed
    19 Mar 2017

    The Cheetahs will be offered a two-year payment from Sanzaar if they are axed from Super Rugby.

    Sanzaar is set to reduce the number of teams in the tournament from 18 to 15 next season, with the Kings, Cheetahs and Rebels reportedly in the firing line.

    According to the Sunday Times, the Cheetahs would receive a two-year 'sweetener', as they are still a Super Rugby entity under the current agreement.

    Super Rugby franchises receive upwards of R28-million every year, with some, who accept wider responsibilities from SA Rugby getting R33-million.

    A local rugby boss said earlier this week that the Kings and Cheetahs' expulsion from the tournament was a done deal, but SA Rugby president Mark Alexander told the Sunday Times that 'no decision has been taken'.

    Meanwhile, in Australia, there is talk that the Brumbies and Rebels may have to form a similar partnership to the one that saw the Lions and Cheetahs form the Cats in 1998.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!


    Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

    Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

  9. #189
    Immortal Contributor jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    10,470
    vCash
    5556000
    Dry July! TWF Contributor! MO-vember Donator The Bronze Star of Faith
    Well given the planned brumby cull in kosciuszko national park. The "rebel brumbies" is actually a pretty contemporary name for a team.

    Or have we got it all wrong and someone has just gotten confused about the brumby cull and thought it was a rugby article?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I STILL HAVE FAITH!!!

  10. #190
    Veteran Contributor Exile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,757
    vCash
    560000
    Dry July! Ex-Staff MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    Any idea where we could get this easy to calculate information???.
    Ensuring that the same method is used to report the numbers the evidence would be irrefutable - year upon year growth according to some.
    I have some numbers for you

    In 2006 - 1st year of Force we had 65 teams competing in Club comps.

    In 2016 we had 83 which was down on the previous year and research showed a number of ex-pats leaving WA due to downturn in economy.

    In 2016 our ladies numbers are in fact higher than any other State.

    A new club - Perth Irish was born in 2016.

    Last weekend, when we played the Brumbies, Force played 9 boys from WA and Brumbies 1.

    7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Exile
    Sydney


    “If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got”

  11. #191
    Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Christmas Island
    Posts
    5,786
    vCash
    16146000
    TWF Contributor! TWF Competition Runner Up!
    My favourite:
    Number of local ACT players in the Brumbies starting XV- 1
    Number of WA players in the Brumbies starting XV- 1

    As many of ours as of theirs.

    If you want to convince me of the value of the Brumbies, they have to be doing a whole lot better than 1 after more than 20 years of competition.

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

  12. #192
    Champion chibi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Chinatown, Roe St
    Posts
    1,890
    vCash
    5482000
    Gotta admit, would be interesting to see what Victoria or western Sydney would have been producing had they been in the Brumbies union from 1996.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!


    Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

    Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

  13. #193
    Champion Ralto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,282
    vCash
    5784650
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I have some numbers for you
    Bit of a rubiks cube that one - more than last year, but less that 2007, which is twice the number in 2015 less 7.
    Still really asking for the numbers - it thought it should be easy.
    Any of the cheer squad give the exact rego numbers.

    I'll just accept swimming in numbers, and flooded with cash then?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13

Similar Threads

  1. The Dogs they Had Another Meeting....
    By fulvio sammut in forum Western Australian Metro Rugby
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 28-03-12, 19:05
  2. The Dogs they Had A Meeting.
    By fulvio sammut in forum Western Australian Metro Rugby
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-12, 07:36
  3. Super 14's meeting
    By no.8 in forum Super Rugby
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17-07-07, 19:19
  4. Urgent SANZAR meeting called
    By Darren in forum International Rugby
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 28-06-07, 05:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •