Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tatafu Polota -Nau signs with Force

vCash
    I've always liked him, just wish he wouldn't tackle with his head! I'd have him before Moore any day!
    I think he'll be a good signing and hopefully he will be tutoring our new lads. Not sur what happens to Heath though. I think after the leadership he showed during the NRC we need him to stay but is there room?

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yungfen View Post
    Yeah I think that many here don't like him as he was a Tahs player, I have always loved his physicality which ultimately has cost him a lot of injuries as he took a while to realise that you cant go that hard at every single contact.
    I've always thought he was lucky to be the best of the bunch at the time, but not particularly spectacular.
    He's solid and will be invaluable to the force for the experience and knowledge of refs & other players.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    How many hookers in the Force squad? Tessman, Scoble, TPN. Is Rangi in the Force squad, or just the Spirit?

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    How many hookers in the Force squad? Tessman, Scoble, TPN. Is Rangi in the Force squad, or just the Spirit?
    Rangi is signed with the force for 2017. So it looks like the hookers will be Tessman, Scoble, TPN and Rangi

vCash
    TPN is a good signing for Rangi - his play is similar in style with and without ball in hand.

Yes there is 4 hookers but if you look at this year, our two main hookers in Cheese and Heath were out for most of the season.

vCash
    Have to say I'm dubious about the "I want to save rugby in the west" line. A convenient sound bite? He's never expressed an interest in helping the Force to achieve success before (as far as I'm aware). All a bit spurious to me. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt...for now!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    I think this is a great signing. Gives us a very strong scrummaging hooker, hard hitting in attack and defense and will give Scoble and Rangi invaluable experience to learn from. Usually Super Rugby squads go with 3 hookers so that could squeeze one of them out.
    The best thing though is TPN's desire to get involved with the local club scene. I think the kiddies will love him.

Bit surprised some are against signing one of the best hookers in Australia but thats life.

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    I think this is a great signing. Gives us a very strong scrummaging hooker, hard hitting in attack and defense and will give Scoble and Rangi invaluable experience to learn from. Usually Super Rugby squads go with 3 hookers so that could squeeze one of them out.
    The best thing though is TPN's desire to get involved with the local club scene. I think the kiddies will love him.

Bit surprised some are against signing one of the best hookers in Australia but thats life.
    I'm likely looking at it through my anti-Tah lens. Hope he brings home the goods.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Aus super rugby squads 2017 - (as known) Hookers

Force
    TPN, Rangi, Tessman, Scoble (FF)

Reds
    Moore, Ready, Mafi (EDS)

Waratahs
    Latu, Fitzpatrick, Roach

Brumbies
    Fainga'a, Mann-Rea, Abel

Rebels
    Hanson, Leafa, Siliva

vCash
    I've always been a fan of TPN. I'm originally from Sydney so I'm OK with the Tahs. His scrummaging ability & leadership on the field will be a real plus. I think his commitment to grass roots rugby is well documented, he was committed to his unfashionable western Sydney team Parramatta. Wasn't there a time when he refused to have his afro cut until the Two-Blues won a game? Bit of a character but wears his heart on his sleeve.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I am one who disliked the style of play he has always throwing himself over the top of rucks flirting with the chance of giving away a penalty.. Also he has some very dangerous tackling style.. But now he is on our side I think I could look the other way.. A very hard hitting strong player who is best on your team than the opposition.. I hope the force don't just dump Tessman as I think he is a very good leader and player

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Good signing. We have a couple of young hookers who will be well mentored. If he stays injury free our scrum, which is improved anyway could become a weapon.

Could do with a good midfield signing too.
    Mentoring is worthwhile. A lot of Wasps fans were bagging out the signing of George Smith a couple of seasons ago. Played to his usual high standards and bought a wealth of knowledge to the team. Haskell had a a major impact in the series with the poms & Sam Jones was recently called up in to England's squad on Smiths recco to Eddie

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Ladies and gentlemen it's a 1 year signature, nobody in their right mind would cut any of the other three. Iirc scoble is future force till the end of next season, coincidence?

There are only two things I haven't liked about ten, his durability (leads too much with the head) and the shade of blue he has worn until now.

Dunning made me realise that most players become vastly different men when wearing ocean blue

C'mon the

vCash
    good signing like his work off the ball injuries abit of a problem but gives 100%

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I like this signing a lot - it's very positive news for a club that needs it, simple as that.
    In terms of his play, he runs hard and scrummages very well and doesn't lack any heart in defence (just some technique). Welcome TPN I hope you do make a positive difference to our side, you should definitely get the chance.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast