Thread: ARU Survey

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

ARU Survey

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/V5K5MBZ

There you go people..Knock yourselves out.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Completed and submitted

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    All done

Rookie
    vCash
    I'm having a phone call with the ARU about the NRC next week to discuss future improvements. So I'm happy to feed things on from here.

"More promotion" being an obvious one.

Think about venues, scheduling, broadcast etc (much like the survey).

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    More games on TV, the streaming doesn't work so well in my circumstance.

Find a way to increase crowds before changing venues (particularly in Sydney, the games were played in front of small crowds)

Hide Brett Papworth in a cupboard, because he won't shut up abut not liking the only initiative that is providing a pathway to super rugby for grass roots players.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyReg View Post
    I'm having a phone call with the ARU about the NRC next week to discuss future improvements. So I'm happy to feed things on from here.

more promotion is about the only one.
    Seriously venues, scheduling, broadcasts they all hinge on getting more people to attend and/or watch.
    If people don't know or don't care then the rest of it doesn't matter.

Rookie
    vCash
    agree, I guess what are the key promotional / engagement strategies.

I think they need to make better use of Super Rugby. The NRC pretty much doesn't get a mention anywhere until a couple of weeks out.

vCash

Liaise with local unions to ensure match times do not clash with things such as local junior club finals, etc. (otherwise the scheduling was an improvement this year).

For televised games have the hard camera actually face the crowd and not away from it - e.g. the televised Spirit home game had a soccer field in the background rather than the hill. Ditto the final showing an empty hill instead of a full grandstand.

Stability with the geographical alignments of the NSW teams - some of them are nonsensical enough already (e.g. Sydney's eastern suburbs being represented by NSW Country) without them changing every year.

With the Fiji Warriors coming into the competition next year, look into adding Samoan and Tongan teams down the track.

I think that's all

vCash
    I think there is scope for nrc to be a product that can be promoted to non rugby people. Using super rugby channels only speaks to the faithful.

Targeted campaigns aimed at supporters of other codes who are looking for a cheap, exciting, local second option would be a good place to start.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Promotion & Broadcasting.
    Excellent product which needs to be on free to air TV. This would also assist in the promotion of the game and help maintain its player base from other sporting codes.
    Would rather see the ARU pay to get NRC on free to air than the Shite Sheild.

Rookie
    vCash
    Remind commentators we do have Fox in the West and we can use those new fangled contraptions like the T.V

Rookie
    vCash
    This is a good opportunity folks so please take the time to consider and add constructive thoughts. This is going to be YOUR club if we can pull it off . We also need your pledges and your membership renewals. On the 15th November (less than two weeks) Sanzar will vote on whether the Super 18 Rugby will be reduced to Super 16 and if that is a yes then we will have very little time to demonstrate to the ARU to look East and NOT West. Signing up to the Pledge for a $1,000 Share is the best vote of confidence we can get from you. You will have time to consider if you do want to commit when you receive the prospectus but for now the Pledge is all important. Renewing or taking out a membership at any level will also really help immediately. So Vote and Vote early and get your friends and family onboard. Save Our Game for our future.
    General

vCash
    agree, I guess what are the key promotional / engagement strategies.

I think they need to make better use of Super Rugby. The NRC pretty much doesn't get a mention anywhere until a couple of weeks out.
    It seems to me that everyone is waiting for someone else to promote things.

The ARU are looking at Foxsports who are looking at the NRC Teams who are looking at the ARU and they're all saying "Well are you going to promote this thing or not?"

Then we have the other side of the coin which is that there are interested parties who don't really want to promote the NRC as they think they'd benefit if it failed.

If the Eagles had won the GF it would have been all through the Sydney media. The fact that the Eagles performed so well through the entire competition and came within 2 points (was it?) at the very end of the game but got almost no recognition in the NSW media because they lost to a WA team is an insult to the hard work and effort they put in through the season.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!