1. Dane, it must feel pretty good to take out the Wallabies Rookie of the Year?

“I don’t think it's something you set out trying to achieve but I'm very proud of the achievement and thankful to the coaches firstly, for the award, as well as the opportunities they've given me in the gold jersey.”

2. Is it fair to say you had a fair bit of competition to win this award?

“There have been plenty of debutants this season with many of them having great starts to their careers, so I was definitely surprised to win. It's been a steep learning curve for all of us but we're really enjoying the challenges each week. Hopefully we all have long international careers ahead and can do something really special together.”

3. There’s been a lot of talk in the media about how comfortable you look in the green and gold, do you agree with that?

“I think I've had some ups and downs in my short career so far, but each week I've just tried to improve a little and carry the lessons into the next Test. I've grown in confidence with each performance, so hopefully I can keep improving.”

4. It’s been a bit of a whirlwind couple of months; Wallabies debut, 10 tests, Wallabies Rookie of the Year. How has the experience been so far?

“I'm loving international rugby and being involved in the Wallabies setup. Each week has brought different challenges, learning from the best and testing yourself against the best.”

5. What’s been your proudest moment in green and gold so far?

“Definitely my debut, pulling on the gold jersey for the first time. It took nine seasons of professional rugby to finally reach that dream, with plenty of highs and lows along the way.”

6. Tell us about scoring that cracking try in front of your home crowd against Argentina.

“We had been practicing the move all week at training and it's a tough move to defend so I was really hoping to find some space come game time. Luckily it opened up for me and I was able to dive over.”

7. You’ve started on the wing in all of your 10 tests, a position you’re not entirely familiar with, have you enjoyed that challenge?

“It's been a bit of a change but I've definitely enjoyed the challenge, and I'm enjoying it more and more, as I learn the position, and look for ways to try get into the game.”

8. You were a part of Adam Coleman’s Wallabies debut, singing the anthem next to each other, was that a special moment?

“’Addsy’ and I have spent a lot of time together over the last few seasons, pushing each other and encouraging each other, so it was special being able to run out for the Wallabies and sing the anthem together.”

9. How much are you looking forward to your first Spring Tour?

“I’m really excited about the next five weeks, playing in front of sold out crowds at world famous stadiums will be pretty exhilarating. We've been getting better each week, really pushing the All Blacks a few weeks ago. So, hopefully there are some exciting weeks ahead.”

10. You’ve already taken on the English, what are you expecting from the other Northern Hemisphere teams?

“It's going to be a bit of a change from the fast running rugby of the Rugby Championship, to physical rugby in the north. Expecting a lot more kicking, especially at the back, but all five games are going to be extremely tough!”

https://www.westernforce.com.au/arti...-haylett-petty