Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Own the Force

vCash
    One thought that comes to mind after reading it. I notice it said it was restricted to individuals. I thought it would have been a perfect opportunity for the rugby clubs to 'buy in' to the Force. Most clubs would be able to fund raise $1000 in an afternoon I'm sure. Without getting into the politics that this may entail, it would truly mean that the Force is owned by all of the rugby community in WA

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I'd happily spend $1,000 if it was a choice between the Force or no Force. But not living anywhere near Perth means I'm not already shelling out a couple of hundred a year on seated membership. It seems a little off that it is asked "Do the public really want the Force?" when most supporters have stuck with the team for 11 years of mostly doldrums (a few notable years excepted).

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    They are looking for 5000 people to invest $1000 each. The finance manager had given consent I am in.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    I've registered my interest although i must admit the tone of the email concerned me.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Registered! Just gotta break it to the minister for war and finance.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    One thought that comes to mind after reading it. I notice it said it was restricted to individuals. I thought it would have been a perfect opportunity for the rugby clubs to 'buy in' to the Force. Most clubs would be able to fund raise $1000 in an afternoon I'm sure. Without getting into the politics that this may entail, it would truly mean that the Force is owned by all of the rugby community in WA
    I reckon a club would count as a single shareholder so they would accept it

vCash
    I'm in!

The bread knife wants a slice too!!!

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Rookie
    vCash
    I can;t afford it but i'm in but do we get our money back if we pay and still get shafted if we don't get enough

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ranga View Post
    I can;t afford it but i'm in but do we get our money back if we pay and still get shafted if we don't get enough
    Yes, that's the way I read it.

May the FORCE be with you!

Rookie
    vCash
    Thats good as I have just gotten out of hospital from a hip replacement and as a subbie $1000 isn't too much to spend but I could see me back there if I wasted it

Champion
    vCash
    I'm in. Just hope they get enough interest.

Senior Player
    vCash

Show them the money

This is more like it.
    This is the language which the ARU understands.

If West Australian Rugby can put a significant amount of money on the table and say to the ARU, "kill off the Western Force and you walk away from this", that will get the ARU's attention like nothing else.

For Papworth and his Sydney banking mates, getting rid of the Force (and Super Rugby, for that matter) is about restoring their cosy and exclusive association where the right sort of people from the North Shore and the Eastern Suburbs can meet each week at North Sydney or Woollarah Ovals, to sip their expensive tipples, discuss the latest IPO and congratulate each other on this year's bonuses.

But for the ARU, getting rid of the Force is all about the money.
    So let's show them the money.

This needs a good and transparent deed of incorporation so that we know what the money will be used for (and what it won't be used for).

It needs a good board so that good decisions are made about the use of the money. By all means, that board should have elected members from the subscribers and representatives of the ARU and Rugby WA, but it should also have experienced managerial and financial types from outside rugby (we are not short of those kinds of people in WA, including people who are also passionate about the game of rugby).

$5,000,000 is a high target, and the WA Rugby community is going to have to work hard to raise it, so the subscription will need to be open to incorporated bodies as well as individuals, and multiple shareholdings should be permitted.

I hope that this is not a windup by some sadistic p***k so I first want to see a statement from Rugby WA saying that this is kosher.

If this is legit, then SWMBO and I are in for 1 grand each, possibly 2 grand each - let's see the details first.

Champion
    vCash
    Spoken to someone in the know. It's legit and they will be working hard to make it work. I think it's a brilliant idea. I hear you might be able to pay in instalments tool

vCash
    I am in about to update my Twitter profile pic too

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Senior Player Contributor WaterBoy's Avatar
    vCash
    Does anyone know how many have registered interest? Can we get a an update from someone in the know?

Got to love the 'member profiles', have a look...

http://www.dunsboroughdungbeetles.com/ Don't seem to have a webpage anymore so go to https://www.facebook.com/Dunsborough...tlesRugbyClub/

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast