Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Own the Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    $1000 for part ownership may be a bargain depending on ROI (return on investment)
    People don't generally expect a great monetary return. Some, like Boudjalel do it for prestige. Community efforts like The Packers have a not-for-profit charter to keep their franchise that way. Seeing the Force stay will be enough for me.
    BTW; thanks for explaining ROI for us Mungo plebs

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Planet rugby is saying these certificates will only be valid for one year.

They are wrong, They are for life and if you read The West story it says you can't sell them to anyone else but can bequeath them to family
    That's what was first reported and then this article came out later on yesterday. Someone is incorrect for sure.
    But it's interesting to think about it all. The proposed 5 mil injection would be a once off into what is essentially a cost centre. Where is the money coming from to allow the club to buy them back?
    And what happens when this 5 mil is spent on operating costs?

In order to be able to cover these credits and have the ability to buy them back, the club needs to maintain a min 5 mil profit year on year.

Looking at the other side of the equatuon though.
    Potentially it's just about having the money an in account to say "hey, we've got a $5 million reserve. Our books are healthier than any other club so our case to remain is the strongest"

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Anyone know the rationale behind the handouts to the Rabble over the next 5 years? Anything beyond just wanting a presence in Melbourne. Despite the fact that, for all the leg ups their record is bad as The Force's and they've produced bugger all talent.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Anyone know the rationale behind the handouts to the Rabble over the next 5 years? Anything beyond just wanting a presence in Melbourne. Despite the fact that, for all the leg ups their record is bad as The Force's and they've produced bugger all talent.
    Never underestimate the influence that FoxSports has on what the ARU does.

The Melb Rebels is as much about building the Foxtel subscriber base as it is about supporting the Rugby Union base in Victoria.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Never underestimate the influence that FoxSports has on what the ARU does.

The Melb Rebels is as much about building the Foxtel subscriber base as it is about supporting the Rugby Union base in Victoria.
    Boosting the Melbourne Foxtel subscriber base probably has more to do with why Fox forked out a record amount for the AFL the rights for the next 6 years.

vCash
    That's a really good point Andrew. I hadn't even thought about Fox's role. But it would absolutely make sense that as they're essentially bankrolling the game that they would have a say in what happens. Would love to see the detail of the commercial agreement between Fox and the ARU!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    People don't generally expect a great monetary return. Some, like Boudjalel do it for prestige. Community efforts like The Packers have a not-for-profit charter to keep their franchise that way. Seeing the Force stay will be enough for me.
    BTW; thanks for explaining ROI for us Mungo plebs
    Seeing the Force stay isn't enough. They need to be successful...hence a need to extend the thinking beyond a quick fix. ROI doesn't have to be monetary by the way. Value creation is most effective when it isn't about money. The screaming Lefties like the Clinton sycophants take large donations from rich people and call it a "charity" which is actually a self serving slush fund for them to steal millions of dollars to fund their personally extravagant lives. Living large on their privately funded slush fund they then have the audacity to criticise hard working business people for the problems of the world.

The Force could copy the Clintons. They could set up a charity to siphon for personal use and get the media to protect them by adopting populist policies and promote their efforts in the various communist rags of the "free world"

Controversy corner

vCash
    It would be hard to get a handle on but it would be interesting to know whether the new subscription rate due to the Rabble is a greater benefit than the figures in WA.
    I expext Fox does their own surveys and does have a handle on it.
    Conversely, how many subscriptions would be lost if they shut the Force down? Now that Fox does all NRL live except the GF, I'd keep mine. I'm to used to having a sports smogasbord now.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    Seeing the Force stay isn't enough. They need to be successful...hence a need to extend the thinking beyond a quick fix. ROI doesn't have to be monetary by the way. Value creation is most effective when it isn't about money. The screaming Lefties like the Clinton sycophants take large donations from rich people and call it a "charity" which is actually a self serving slush fund for them to steal millions of dollars to fund their personally extravagant lives. Living large on their privately funded slush fund they then have the audacity to criticise hard working business people for the problems of the world.

The Force could copy the Clintons. They could set up a charity to siphon for personal use and get the media to protect them by adopting populist policies and promote their efforts in the various communist rags of the "free world"
    Wow! Started with a single Trump reference a few posts back. Now you're on a roll. Full on Septic Election rant.
    What's next a Crooked Hillary diatribe? The return of Chiselhead?

.....and yes The Force being successful would be a great ROI. Otherwise we'd be in the same situation down the track.

Champion
    vCash
    A quick google shows that Foxtel subscriber numbers have risen from 1.652 million in 2011 to 2.7 million in 2016. Most articles attribute this rise to Foxtel slashing prices and stepping up its services to combat streaming services like Netflix. THe 2.7 million quoted includes subscribers to Presto, Foxtels Netflix equivalent. State by state numbers and sport subscribers were not reported.

https://www.screenaustralia.gov.au/f...ator-1995-2011

https://www.budde.com.au/Research/FOXTEL

Most articles mention that most of these numbers have been manipulated to include things like Optus TV and Presto subscribers under the foxtel subscriber numbers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Technically the clubs already own the Force. The clubs are the shareholders of Rugbywa who in turn own the Force, irrespective of any alliance with the aru.

Anyway no one should panic, the decision has been made (but yet to be announced) that 1 team will go and it won't be the Force. Can't say any more at this stage without betraying a confidence. The extra fund raising initiatives won't hurt the balance sheet though.
    That's true Darkness, but it would still be a very symbolic gesture

vCash
    I wonder what the chances are of getting 5,000 people to cough up $1,ooo. Considering less than 2,000 people signed the petition. It's a far less comittment to sign a petition than it is to hand over $1,000. I hope this isn't going to be a face-palm for us with only a few hundred people willing to hand over their hard-earned. Let's hope they've thought this through properly and it doesn't backfire on us.

vCash
    If it's the one year scenario and thanks for coming they will be lucky to get anyone. We are a committed lot. But I doubt there are too many who'll allow them to take the piss like that.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    I wonder what the chances are of getting 5,000 people to cough up $1,ooo. Considering less than 2,000 people signed the petition. It's a far less comittment to sign a petition than it is to hand over $1,000. I hope this isn't going to be a face-palm for us with only a few hundred people willing to hand over their hard-earned. Let's hope they've thought this through properly and it doesn't backfire on us.
    The own the Force is 1 and a half days old and the petition is 4 days old, i think a bit of patience is required by everyone. Plus it is peak off season for rugby now, id say a lot of rugby families are off playing cricket or Basketball or whatever and may not know about them yet. We need to see how they are trending after 1 month, 2 months, 3 months etc to see what impact both are having. Keep sharing and promoting everyone! #owntheforce

vCash
    The news has reached ARU HQ and they are reporting on the story in their news feed, with a link to the sign up page

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2016/10...-fan-ownership

They have even tweeted it too

#owntheforce

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast