Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: Own the Force

Senior Player
    vCash
    Alison I've got no issue with the passion etc. What I am concerned about is losing some of these fellas and them uprooting families etc and us having to rebuild with young guys with no experience or culture again. PEK and a few of the other (ruru) have that in spades. If we can utilise the brass to help them and it helps rugby WA concentrate on making the comp better without the stress of providing funds to the players and some staff then it could only be a good thing. Pretty sure no other state union whether it be league etc has this concept. What I'm also trying to say to the rest of Australia is look at our setup. Let's get pro active and create a whole new Force that hopefully will rival the set up of the crusaders etc. Let's give the next generation of WA kids something to strive for. Alison I reckon you've killed the pig with your investigation and I hope you absolutely tear them apart I'm just floating the idea so these lads can feel comfortable with staying here and help build something magic. Scary as it sounds but potentially something that has never been done in Australia before.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    So, keep your thinking caps on and (if you can) keep your money set aside for the time being as I'm sure both will be welcome by RWA in due course once they've had chance to digest everything and start thinking about "where to from here for community rugby in WA".
    In addition to the OTF funds, there's also the money which would have been spent on Force memberships in 2018 - I for one would be happy to have my 2018 membership money go into a community rugby initiative in WA, so I hope that RWA will be imaginative about options for the former Force membership and their money.

I'm as sure as heck not going to spend my money on flakey "Interstate" or "Out of Town" memberships of the Brumbies or the Rebels.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by FingerTips; 23-09-17 at 13:50.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    They could have a "force alumni" membership or something as a fundraiser for community rugby. Give members the opportunity to continue their membership, and if/when the force are resurrected membership continues uninterrupted.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    They could have a "force alumni" membership or something as a fundraiser for community rugby. Give members the opportunity to continue their membership, and if/when the force are resurrected membership continues uninterrupted.
    Good idea.

My wife and I have been Force gold members since inauguration in 2006, and there was value in being long-term members (mainly in priority for reseating). So perhaps a funding/membership model can be developed so that the "Force alumni" can retain a link with rugby in WA and prior membership of the Force may have some kind of value in a resurrected Western Force.

I hope that Rugby WA has retained all the membership records of the Western Force (including members' contact details). If the ARU has them, then they are likely to end up at Eastern Creek.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    And the latest from email today........

Dear Matthew,
    Further to my update last week I am writing to let you know that we have now lodged the supplementary prospectus with the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) withdrawing the “Own The Force” offer.
    As such, all application moneys which have been received by Western Force Owners Limited (WFOL) under the Own the Force campaign will be returned to investors by cheque to the addresses which have been provided by applicants.
    At this stage we anticipate the cheques will be despatched by Friday 6th October 2017.
    A number of you have offered to donate your some or all of your refunded application moneys to support RugbyWA and the Future Force Foundation.
    We would ask that you give consideration to contributing some or all of your refunded application for the following;-
    1.****** RugbyWA has incurred significant costs in fighting the battle to retain the Western Force in Perth. As we know Andrew Forrest AO offered to step in and financially support the appeal process but this still leaves significant costs for RugbyWA to meet. *To date the Own the Force campaign had received applications totalling just under $1,500,000 with commitments of a further $450,000. *If 20% of the total application moneys (approximately $300,000) were to be contributed back to RugbyWA this would significantly reduce the outstanding bills for RugbyWA.
    2.****** *Despite the loss of the Western Force the Future Force Foundation wishes to see the continuation of a number of rugby development programs, which have in the past been instrumental in preparing players for professional rugby as well as significantly enhancing the local Pindan Premiership competition. There can be no better example than Richard Hardwicke who within a year after graduating from the Future Force played for both the Western Force and the Wallabies, something we can all be very proud of.
    Further, 9 out of WA’s 10 premiership clubs have benefitted by having a Future Force player aligned with their club. *Continuing with these programs will ensure that whatever future opportunities emerge, for example through Andrew Forrest’s proposed Indo Pacific tournament or the National Rugby Championships well prepared WA based players will be able to be fielded.
    To facilitate contributions which you may wish to make for the benefit of RugbyWA and the Future Force Foundation, WFOL will be sending you further details on how you may do this, at the same time as your refund cheque is sent to you.
    Any contribution which you make will be held in two separate trust accounts:
    a)****** the first 20% of your contribution will be held in a trust account maintained by RugbyWA’s legal advisers, Lavan, for the benefit of RugbyWA;
    b)***** the remaining 80% of your contribution will be held in a trust account maintained by Lavan for the benefit of the Future Force Foundation.
    All amounts of over $2 which are contributed to the Future Force Foundation (i.e. 80% of your overall contribution) will be fully tax deductible.*
    We are all still struggling to understand the logic and reasoning as to why the Western Force has been removed from the Super Rugby competition, but there is a groundswell of community support in WA for Rugby to grow in this state and it is our intention to ensure that we capitalise on all opportunities that present themselves in the future.* Whether that be supporting club rugby, the Perth Spirit, Andrew Forrest’s announced venture or another opportunity for a professional rugby team in Western Australia, RugbyWA together with the Future Force Foundation will be ready to take up the challenge again.
    Thank you for your ongoing support
    Your sincerely
    Mark Sinderberry

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Champion
    vCash
    I've never been so disappointed at getting $1000 back 😳

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Hopefully RugbyWA will come out of this with a clean balance sheet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Hopefully RugbyWA will come out of this with a clean balance sheet.
    Without the ARU's help to scrub it clean like they did with the Rebels in 2015!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    I'd prefer to do a 50/50 split

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Shit I was living in Queensland when this went through now back in Perth so have to update the address.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Got my $1,000 cheque back yesterday, no deductions

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    At least this is not going to a unit trust

Champion
    vCash
    I am putting 80% into Rugby and 20% to Lavan. I then get tax deduction for 80%...woo hoo. Now to make RugbyWA strong again...

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Got my $1,000 cheque back yesterday, no deductions
    Me too! But ours was $3k.

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    That’s the first time I have been sad to see money with my name on it. Would have preferred the alternative in a heart beat.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast