Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: Own the Force

vCash
    Mate, they can't do most of what you say LEGALLY, it is governed by ASIC. If you want this to change go to your local member of parliament and tell them the red tape designed to keep of bunch of bureacrats in jobs isn't good enough. Then tell me how that goes.

As for international investment, you can't just invest in whatever you want wherever you want, there are international laws to tend with.

We live in one of the most regulated countries in the world, thinking outside of the box is not encouraged and when it does happen it is quickly muffled.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    "....Secondly they never pushed the fact that in the case of the Force being axed that you would most likely be REFUNDED your investment and if not perhaps partially. I think if they were to somehow re-iterate this and make it well known they would see a surge in shares. Maybe do a quick list of bullet points on Facebook stating the benefits i.e. the discounts, voting rights, the refund, etc.

It HAS been stated over and over again, try reading the application form from The Force, news from The Force, Force Facebook -are you living under a rock?

Champion
    vCash
    I think all the energy is going on keeping a force for next year but hopefully if we are secure next year they will push this again?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    That's my understanding Jules. If we win the legal case, then they will seriously push the OTF initiative as we will need that to take the next step which is the buy back our licence & ip from the infidels!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Apprentice
    vCash
    I understand that what I said previously that the Force are limited to what they can do legally but what I was trying to say is if they could find a way for more international support they would be in a better position. If websites like kickstarter and indigogo can do it - international start up companies sourced by crowd funding for a product or service - surely there would be a way for the Force to do it - albeit they may have to change the structure of 'shares'/call it something else. Another point I was trying to raise was the initial pledges of support from about 5000 people some may have been from overseas. If I recall when the initial pledge came out, you were not restricted by where you lived - this may have affected the numbers.

And to Valzc clearly I don't live under a rock because I'm discussing the issue. But show me where on their pinned post on Facebook it states the benefits of owning a share? Show me where it states that you will be refunded. It says this in the prospectus and yes it has been in the news and comments but I think they need to really highlight these points. This is the extra selling points of owning a share. $1000 is a lot of money to people but you tell them you get 10% off season tickets, merchandise and club registration fees and suddenly it doesn't sound so bad. Put them on the banners at NIB saying 1 share = 10% off tickets, merchandise and club registration fees. Put a small list of the benefits on the pinned Facebook post and websites. A little bit more exposure surely couldn't hurt for those that don't take the time to read the full prospectus. I regularly see people stating that they are holding out until the force are safe. This reassurance of a refund would surely help those people who are sitting on the fence.

vCash
    Kickstarter & Indiegogo are for completely different things, they offer a product/rewards for your money. What would the Force, as a SPORTS team offer? Raising finance for a product & raising money for a team are two completely different things. I can guarantee as well that ASIC would be sniffing around if this was something attempted as it is pretty high profile.

Look, I get your point about overseas pledges but it is mostly hot air. I can almost guarantee these pledges would end up belly up. Someone in Scotland may like the idea and say they would love to invest but when it comes to fork out the cash, no way.

There are limits to what can be offered, the ARU own the license to the Force so they can't offer any discounts as it isn't the Force themselves raising the money but a company aiming to buy back that license. They can't promise things they don't have the power to do.

As for greater exposure to the refund amount, I think it is very clear that if we don't purchase the license they will get their money back minus any administrative costs. It's a cop out from those people to seem like they want to invest but don't have the balls or will to.

I am sure there are many people saying they are waiting to see if they are cut then would definetely invest. That's an excuse, pure and simple and if they were told they would get their money back they would find another excuse.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    The closing date was initially publicised as 14 July, but with the note "The Company reserves the right to extend the Closing Date or close the Public Offer early without notice"

I wonder if they will publicly announce an extension until after the arbitration?

Champion
    vCash
    To re-inforce our passion, to show the world we are huge supporters of our team and to support our players and position, we need to get 10000 fans to NIB on Friday night for the match vs the Rebels. Please....All of you plus your rellies, enemies, clubbies, lovers and friends c'mon down to NIB on Friday evening.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    I agree with you pollo.

I've had some experience in this kind of thing. One thing I've learnt is if you think you have told people often enough....then your wrong!

You have to tell them in different ways at different time until your sick of telling them...then tell them some more.

Rookie
    vCash
    Spot on Hansie. Crowd numbers are the number one thing that may save us.

Surely against the Rebels we can get 12,000 to the game for a big win and a BIG statement to the ARU.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Don't forget the pay up date for the Own the Force Shares is this Friday 14/7/17.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Don't forget the pay up date for the Own the Force Shares is this Friday 14/7/17.
    I read on today's west Australian business section it is being extended 3 months

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wallabydarnd View Post
    I read on today's west Australian business section it is being extended 3 months
    That is a good move

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wallabydarnd View Post
    I wonder if Cox is trying to get big cash out of the ARU and if the Force's case falls through will just sell the license to us to for the lesser amount. Doing a hail mary play for the big pay off from the ARU and if that doesn't work get at least a bit of cashish for the license from the Own the Force campaign and then get out of dodge.

If it turns out the Own the Force doesn't do as well simply reduce his price to the ARU to be JUST affordable and then he is good to go.

That's what I would be doing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    I wonder if Cox is trying to get big cash out of the ARU and if the Force's case falls through will just sell the license to us to for the lesser amount. Doing a hail mary play for the big pay off from the ARU and if that doesn't work get at least a bit of cashish for the license from the Own the Force campaign and then get out of dodge. If it turns out the Own the Force doesn't do as well simply reduce his price to the ARU to be JUST affordable and then he is good to go. That's what I would be doing.
    Unless he's managed to negotiate some other way of making money whilst keeping the rest running. Victorian governments are noted for throwing money at sporting events to maintain the fallacy that they love their sport in Melbourne. If he can wangle this situation into the ARU commits further funding "to ensure the success of the rebels" and big government throws in money "to ensure rugby stays in Melbourne" and somebody else chips in, he might be able to continue the disastrous financial black hole without it costing him much at all.

C'mon the

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast