Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Own the Force

vCash
    Wonder what's going on with the jerseys, considering BLK at the moment?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    I'm on a Rugby League forum and It's looking like th Gold Coast Titans have received their 2017 merchandise and their provider is BLK.

The Gold Coast are also currently owned but the NRL much like the Force are currently under ARU rule.

In other news my Member pack arrived today.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I would hope that there would be a representative for all demographics.

eg: Under 30
    Over 30
    Female type
    Club Rugby
    Business
    Fan
    Parent of Junior Player
    So a 40 something year old mother of a junior player who has some business acumen.

Sevenmile, is that you?

I am really a Palmyra troll.

Senior Player Contributor DarthMoose's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I would hope that there would be a representative for all demographics.

eg: Under 30
    Over 30
    Female type
    Club Rugby
    Business
    Fan
    Parent of Junior Player
    Too bad if you are a 30 year old male with no kids who isn't involved with club rugby, has no business background and not so much a fan of the force...

vCash

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMoose View Post
    Too bad if you are a 30 year old male with no kids who isn't involved with club rugby, has no business background and not so much a fan of the force...
    That personal profile would probably equate to being a bit of a loser.

I am really a Palmyra troll.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMoose View Post
    Maybe the profile of a Afl or Dockers supporter.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Am I reading too much into it, or was the last email far more pessimistic about the Own the Force program actually having an impact with the ARU, and SANZAR...??

The missive paves the way for legal issues to be used as an excuse for this not to go ahead.

It sounded as though SANZAR may already have made its decision about us behind closed doors.

I also see that poor excuse for a journalist Georgina Robinson is stoking the fire again, pushing for a Western Sydney team...

vCash
    I notice she's thrown the possible relocation of the Brumbies into the equation in addition to the Force.

vCash
    I see the Newcastle Jets (wendyball) have just announced a similar ownership scheme but they managed to secure $15mill from local business owners rather than ordinary supporters.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    That update seems to indicate what I suspected after the last SANZAR meeting. That is - "show us the money by March or you're out". Fair enough - as long as the other franchises are held to the same accounting. Trouble is, we know they won't be.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    Am I reading too much into it, or was the last email far more pessimistic about the Own the Force program actually having an impact with the ARU, and SANZAR...??
    It sounded as though SANZAR may already have made its decision about us behind closed doors.
    I also see that poor excuse for a journalist Georgina Robinson is stoking the fire again, pushing for a Western Sydney team...
    It feels like we are not being told the whole story at present.

Hopefully, there will be more credible information (and commitments) made available before we are asked to hand over our hard-earned Shekels to Western Force Owners P/L. My fear is that WA rugby supporters may get suckered into handing over the target of three million dollars plus, only to be told sometime in February or March 2017 that "sorry lads and lasses, there'll be no Perth based Western Force in 2018 - they're being euthanized, or moved to Western Sydney along with the money which you have so kindly contributed to NSW rugby".

Robinson's article quoted the new president of the Sydney Rugby Union as calling for a western Sydney Rugby Union franchise and repeated Greg Harris's statement that "the Western Force were the obvious team to sacrifice and move east, creating the Western Sydney Force." Harris's context is that of urging "the Australian Rugby Union to abandon its 'national footprint' plans in favour of shoring up a neglected part of the rugby heartland" - in other words, bugger off any one living in SA, TAS, WA and possibly VIC who wants to play or follow Rugby Union.

The point that these NSW centric types seem to miss is that it is the NSW Unions who were asleep at the wheel while the AFL and the A-league made their successful penetrations into western Sydney. Penalising rugby in WA for the NSW unions' torpor is inequitable.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    If the Force did fold or relocated to Western Sydney--the Wallabies will have to be renamed "Eastern Australia"!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    It's amazing how often I hear the NSW Rugby union go on record as saying 'We f*cked up! Save us ARU!' even if they use other language in an attempt to hide this.
    NSW already have 2 Super Rugby teams. The Waratahs and the Brumbies. Why they need a third is beyond me.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post

Robinson's article quoted the new president of the Sydney Rugby Union as calling for a western Sydney Rugby Union franchise and channeled his Vice President Brett Papwrth's
    prolonged rantings that "the Western Force were the obvious team to sacrifice".
    FIXED!

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast