Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Own the Force

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    For 8 years now I've been reading TWF. I can not recall one post of positivity for The Force or for those who volunteer to be board members of RugbyWA by Mr Sammut towards the Force.
    And for 8 years you appeared to be a good club man prepared to standup for the issues concerning clubs and suddenly you changed from Kalahard to Kalasoft. It all happened about the time that nutcase from your club found his way onto the rugby wa board. Any link?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Darkness; 24-11-16 at 16:04.

Rookie
    vCash
    I just hope that if we save the Force with all of our $1000's that none of us can really afford, the board gives all the credit to Mr Sinderbury and gives him a big payrise-that would shit me right off.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ranga View Post
    I just hope that if we save the Force with all of our $1000's that none of us can really afford, the board gives all the credit to Mr Sinderbury and gives him a big payrise-that would shit me right off.
    I would expect the owners of $1,000 would have say in that type of thing, our at least representatives of the $1,000 owners.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Well I'm sure there have been a couple along the way. But he posts his opinions under his real name so I doubt he could be called a troll. You have to admire that even if you don't like the negativity. Certainly doesn't deserve abuse, as you don't for your opinion. It's very ironic to see a serial and prolific troll crying foul when he gets a bit of his own, though.
    If your none so subtle jibe was directed at me then you should realize that I was going in to bat for Fulvio (if that is his real name) who despite his rants and shakespearean quotes seems an honest chap an deserves his right to express an opinion.

I am really a Palmyra troll.

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    posts his opinions under his real name
    That threw me!

i'd always assumed it was some clever pseudonym - but I was wrong.
    No disrespect Fulvio, and yes I agree, everyone has a right to their opinions....

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    If your none so subtle jibe was directed at me then you should realize that I was going in to bat for Fulvio (if that is his real name) who despite his rants and shakespearean quotes seems an honest chap an deserves his right to express an opinion.
    considering you know him,Darkness-I find it somewhat strange you can't remember his name

Rookie
    vCash
    Pretty hilarious, Kearnsey has been trying to assure us that his fateful comments were taken out of context and he really does back the Force whenever he can. We will keep testing him.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    considering you know him,Darkness-I find it somewhat strange you can't remember his name
    Thee thinks he doth protest too much? ...

Or sumfink.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Doth

Doth

you got a lispth?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    Pretty hilarious, Kearnsey has been trying to assure us that his fateful comments were taken out of context and he really does back the Force whenever he can. We will keep testing him.
    Well we knew he was full of it. Now we know he's a liar as well

Senior Player
    vCash
    Nice article from the Roar about own the force

Why we should all consider buying into the Force

In October the Western Force announced an initiative to to be given control of the club back from the ARU. Key to the plan is the proposal to sell 5000 certificates of ownership at $1,000 each, raising $5 million as a sign of the support for the Force from the rugby community.
    Wherever you stand on the number of Super Rugby teams and its benefit or detriment to the game nationally, this is a wonderful initiative that everyone in rugby should get behind if they can. The fact is rugby in Australia is facing many challenges, one particularly insidious one being the shrinking support base. There are many reasons for this including a lack of engagement of supporters by the national unions, a perceived lack of success of a number of teams across all levels and poor governance. This is an opportunity for those of us in rugby to reconnect with the game and have a direct involvement in its future.
    Many of you will think “Well I’m not a from WA and I have never supported the Force, I see no reason to get involved.” Firstly, why not? I challenge anybody to say they really dislike the Western Force. This is not the Reds coming cap-in-hand to a Waratahs supporter. Everyone is allowed to have a second favourite team and why not make that second favourite team one you own a chunk of?
    Also if the commentary that has been floating around Australian rugby is anything to go by many of you are feeling disconnected with your team. Why not take this opportunity to start fresh, support something from the ground up and be part of something?
    I firmly believe that should the bell toll for the Western Force it will toll for us all. Despite its numerous failures both on and off the pitch the Force are starting to contribute more to the national team. While many of the players coming through are from rugby’s heartland in the east, they are getting an opportunity to play at a higher level at the Force where they may be stuck behind incumbents at other franchises. Maybe the Force are making it harder for an Australian team to win super rugby by spreading the talent more thinly, but if so they are still contributing to the overall health of the game.
    I’m a New Zealander, a die-hard Canterbury and Crusaders supporter and I am looking at getting involved. I have no connection to Western Australia, I’ve never even been there. But I want to support rugby wherever it is, whoever is playing it and I see this as a way I can be a part of growing and encouraging rugby in this country. So why not scrounge the cash together, maybe split a share with your mates? They are looking at giving these supporters a say in things like the board of management and match day activities so you can really feel like your vote means something.
    And besides, who doesn’t want to say they are a part owner in a professional sports team?

http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/11/25...-buying-force/

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    I see the email with more of a description has come through with an excerpt below.

The initial offer to purchase a share in Western Force Owners Pty Ltd will be 10,000 shares @ $1,000 each. For the company to be formed, a minimum subscription of 3,000 shares must be attained. The company will be for profit and shares may be bought and sold.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Just ticked over the 4500 mark!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Think they're being a bit greedy with 10,000 - wonder if they'll get it

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

vCash
    Not from ordinary 'mum and dad' supporters in the current economic climate. Especially considering membership is on top of that.

I'm also worried that pledges don't equal actual cash. Are 'limelight hoggers' like Phil Kearns really going to part with $1,000 for the Force???

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast